Can you watch a movie on MyTouch screen?

Our dealer said that you can watch a DVD on the MyTouch screen (while it is in Park) for the 2011 Explorer. Does anyone know if that is true?

There is no DVD player in the front navigation screen, just a CD player.

To watch a movie it must be sent through a cable to the RCA connectors, or loaded on a SD card, or USB drive then you can see it on the front SYNC 8 inch screen.

So you could take an iPhone or iTouch and run off the device to the RCA (Red/White Audio and Yellow Video) connectors if you want.

To watch a movie it must be sent through a cable to the RCA connectors, or loaded on a SD card, or USB drive then you can see it on the front SYNC 8 inch screen.

I wasn't aware you could watch movie directly from the an USB or SD card. This would require MyFord Touch to have codecs to play them (and it may just have some). I looked this up in the MyFord Touch manual and it says voice commands using video are only available to the USB and not the SD card. It still doesn't say which types of movies it plays (AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, etc) if any.

I wasn't aware you could watch movie directly from the an USB or SD card. This would require MyFord Touch to have codecs to play them (and it may just have some). I looked this up in the MyFord Touch manual and it says voice commands using video are only available to the USB and not the SD card. It still doesn't say which types of movies it plays (AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, etc) if any.

My Cannon camera 1300SD has the SD card and it takes video in Mpeg4 so I shall try it and see.