2010 Edge Limited squeaky seats

johnk0121

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well my Edge driver's seat is squeaking now! Well, more of a creaking really. Grrrrr. Only seems to really do it when taking left turns as my back leans against the right seat bolster. I took a look over on the Edge forums site and there's a few suggestions I'm going to try to see if I can narrow down the cause.

Other than a few problems with Sync/MyFord Touch (I haven't had the re-program yet -- trying to just hold off until Sync v3.0 is released which I hear should be in a few more months), this is my first real complaint. So far still extremely satisfied with it though.

Edited by NickF1011

Well my Edge driver's seat is squeaking now! Well, more of a creaking really. Grrrrr. Only seems to really do it when taking left turns as my back leans against the right seat bolster. I took a look over on the Edge forums site and there's a few suggestions I'm going to try to see if I can narrow down the cause.

Other than a few problems with Sync/MyFord Touch (I haven't had the re-program yet -- trying to just hold off until Sync v3.0 is released which I hear should be in a few more months), this is my first real complaint. So far still extremely satisfied with it though.

I have the same squeak in my 2010 Edge and have it narrowed down to the seatbelt,where it is latched in. I undo the seat belt and the squeak is gone when makig left turns. Got to get it fixed though.

I have the same squeak in my 2010 Edge and have it narrowed down to the seatbelt,where it is latched in. I undo the seat belt and the squeak is gone when makig left turns. Got to get it fixed though.

Yeah, the seatbelt latch was one thing I saw mentioned. I will test that out.