Edge Headlight Issue

Egor416

Just picked up my new Edge SEL last week and everything works like a charm so far. No Sync problems....yet!

The only complaint I have are the headlights, as it seems like they're angled too low. About 15 feet in front of the car the lights stop and there is a distinct line that seems like the lights are being obstructed by something.

I was driving a few nights ago on a road without any street lights and couldn't see more than 2 car lenghts ahead and had to turn to the brights on. Seems to me like something isn't right here. Anyone else have the same problem or could this be something individual to my Edge that could be corrected?

Edges and Fusions seem to have the worst factory headlamp aiming ever. I have one of each and have raised the headlamps on each at least 2 full turns if not more with no detrimental effects - no flashes from other drivers.

Hopefully it's that simple. I'll see what I can do, thanks!

I haven't had a chance to actually look under the hood yet, so how easy is it to raise them?

Including raising and lowering the hood and turning the screw? About 30 seconds. Once you find the screw. It should be right on top of the lamps. It's white plastic and looks like it needs a big allen wrench but you actually use a slim phillips head screwdriver down inside the hex opening. IIRC and assuming they haven't changed it.

How are the brights on the new Edge?

And how is the "corner lights" on the Edge? I see where there is a lens on the side of the projector lens that appears to provide some side lighting.

I do miss the bright side turning lights on my Continental.

Including raising and lowering the hood and turning the screw? About 30 seconds. Once you find the screw. It should be right on top of the lamps. It's white plastic and looks like it needs a big allen wrench but you actually use a slim phillips head screwdriver down inside the hex opening. IIRC and assuming they haven't changed it.

Seems simple enough. Hopefully it's a quick fix. Thanks.

How are the brights on the new Edge?

And how is the "corner lights" on the Edge? I see where there is a lens on the side of the projector lens that appears to provide some side lighting.

I do miss the bright side turning lights on my Continental.

From what I've noticed so far the brights seem great. Can't say I've noticed the effects of the corner lights yet however. I'll keep an eye out now though.

• 3 weeks later...

seems to me the dealer should make it right. I for one would request them to readjust them simply because if I broke something - I'd be responsible - sort of like scratching the paint I would think.

You're not going to break anything by turning the adjustment screw. And there isn't anything for the dealer to 'make right' because there is no factory spec for them to be adjusted to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The adjustment screw akirby described should look similar to this:

headlight_adj.jpg

Here's the outline from the owner's guide:

headlight_aim_ins.jpg

Wow thank you for posting that. That is extremely helpful. Even a non techy person like me can probably figure it out from that. Thanks again.