2011 F-150

salinedude

Due to the PCM issue, it's unclear at this point. I would assume they will begin shipping by the end of this week, however if the issue continues, it's uncertain.

Hold them for a week, a month, six month. Just fix it before it gets out. The bean counters won't like it. We are gaining incredible market share because our competition lost that nerve.

FORD must be the best quality product.

Period.

Pennies lost due to the hold will cost millions to replace if quality issues ruin our image now.

Being penny wise and pound foolish is not an option.

Love my '04. 215,000 miles. I will need a new one in about 85,000 miles (2.5 - 3 years) Get'em right. They are awesome trucks!!!!!!!!!

What is the PCM issue?

Honestly, it's best not to bring it up on this forum. If you're not briefed on it, it's best to stay non-briefed. In a nutshell, we are having bad PCM's come in from Mexico and we are trying to get them fixed ASAP... that's all I'll say for the time being.

• Like 1

Honestly, it's best not to bring it up on this forum. If you're not briefed on it, it's best to stay non-briefed. In a nutshell, we are having bad PCM's come in from Mexico and we are trying to get them fixed ASAP... that's all I'll say for the time being.

I know Production Purchasing wanted new suppliers a few years ago. I wonder which one sh!t the bed ?!!

• Like 1

What does this mean for trucks already delivered and built? I have one sitting at Dearborn waiting to be released. Will they change the part on it before it is shipped? I wish they would just tell me WTF is going on. I don't care if they have a problem I just want a real answer as to why my 50k truck is sitting outside at the plant 2 hours from me for weeks.

Edited by Azgdds

It will be fixed before it is shipped. That is the whole reason for the hold.

Why won't anyone tell me this? I can track a pack of gum by the minute from Szechwan, China, but I can't get real info on my truck until I delve into the ford Internet underground. They need to work on this.

Ok, so let's say this is the case. There is faulty PCM somethings. How is it that, my truck, built nov 27, is sitting in Dearborn, whilst another (screw raptor, like mine) built on the same day was delivered in VA. Not to mention one built three days after also delivered to VA. How does that happen if they are on quality hold?

Why won't anyone tell me this? I can track a pack of gum by the minute from Szechwan, China, but I can't get real info on my truck until I delve into the ford Internet underground. They need to work on this.

Ok, so let's say this is the case. There is faulty PCM somethings. How is it that, my truck, built nov 27, is sitting in Dearborn, whilst another (screw raptor, like mine) built on the same day was delivered in VA. Not to mention one built three days after also delivered to VA. How does that happen if they are on quality hold?

Simple...yours got a bad PCM, the others didn't.

Frustrating, yes, but Ford doesn't broadcast to the world what is going on with everyone's trucks. Many times, the dealers don't even know (or don't put forth the effort to find out). Just be patient. They will make your truck right and you will get it when they do. There are many people waiting on trucks, just like you are...you aren't the only one. And Ford can't make them all right at the exact same time. Rest assured though, they WILL make it right. This is just something you have to deal with when you order items before they start production, especially model year change overs when there are big changes. If someone ever told you your truck would be here on 'such and such' day, they lied to you!

Simple...yours got a bad PCM, the others didn't.

Frustrating, yes, but Ford doesn't broadcast to the world what is going on with everyone's trucks. Many times, the dealers don't even know (or don't put forth the effort to find out). Just be patient. They will make your truck right and you will get it when they do. There are many people waiting on trucks, just like you are...you aren't the only one. And Ford can't make them all right at the exact same time. Rest assured though, they WILL make it right. This is just something you have to deal with when you order items before they start production, especially model year change overs when there are big changes. If someone ever told you your truck would be here on 'such and such' day, they lied to you!

Ok great. But why can't the purchaser know this? I don't need a press release, only when I provide my vin it could easily be relayed to me of the precise situation, not only that it is "on hold" and "i dont know why." wouldn't it be much nicer to tell me what the delay is for? For me, as a customer, I am having a poor buying experience, because of this. Would it not behoove them to answer my queries, rather than be cryptic. Maybe this has worked in the past, but this is the information generation, we are not deterred by it we are comforted in it. What I have learned on this forum in 30 minutes has saved some face of a brand I have been faithful to for years, but was beginning to question. I much appreciate the feedback, I hope there is someone from customer relations following this and other forums (raptorforumsz, f150online) because there are a lot of POed ford lovers that would love just a little info. This is a moment where a little will go a long ways.

Nope, mines just a regular tailgate. Any idea when PCM shortage will be taken care of? Even though mine was built 4 weeks ago does that mean it has no PCM??

It had to have one to drive it off the line. More than likely it is assumed to be bad and needs to be replaced. I assume it would have to go back through the cal line after it's replaced too.

That is my guess. I work in Body, not Final.

It had to have one to drive it off the line. More than likely it is assumed to be bad and needs to be replaced. I assume it would have to go back through the cal line after it's replaced too.

That is my guess. I work in Body, not Final.

Not sure if this will make you feel better but they want all the trucks on hold on the way to the dealers by Jan 1st

My 2011 Raptor was built on November 10. Its status hadn't been updated since Nov 26 (Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - Jack Cooper Transport) .

Today it finally hit "Awaiting Shipment - Released".

I don't know if that's a particularly good thing / signifcant event, but am hoping it means it'll finally move out.

This truck has a tailgate step.

This should be good news to those of you waiting on your 2011 F-150's:

A good chunk of them are now being shipped. A decent amount of people from B-Crew came in yesterday on OT and figured out what truck is with what campaign. Some are simply missing simple stock (running boards, floor mats, etc), while others have minor repairs in regards to the tailgate issue, while still others have various issues with them. The PCM issue is all but solved at this point.

It shouldn't be much longer now. Good things come to those who wait... and from driving one for the first time last week, you are in for a treat once you receive it. May it bring you years of faithful and reliable service.