My ford Touch vs Sync

thepilo

Just curios how the my ford touch and the sync differ. My wife has the Fusion Hybrid, and we love the Sync that is on that. I am currently looking to get a Ford Edge Sport, and am just curious as to how they differ, and if anyone has used both, how they like it vs the Sync on the fusion.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curios how the my ford touch and the sync differ. My wife has the Fusion Hybrid, and we love the Sync that is on that. I am currently looking to get a Ford Edge Sport, and am just curious as to how they differ, and if anyone has used both, how they like it vs the Sync on the fusion.

Thanks in advance.

It is much faster. Also, you don't need to "prompt" to use most features. With your current system, if you want to use the phone to call someone you would need to say "phone" then the say person you wish to call. With the new system all you need to say is "call Bill" and it will make the call. The new system basically cuts out a step.

I really like MyFord touch. Once you get used to it...it is very easy to use....everything at your fingertips!!! You should have a quick read of your manual, there are so many features available.

Hope that helps....I have white Sport....i love it.

I have a 2011 Edge Sport. I've messed with the Sync in a friend's 2010 Focus, and the capabilities added with MFT just make everything easier and more accessible. There is apparently a big update for MFT in the works right now that should be available in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing any changes that might have been made.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2011 Edge Sport. I've messed with the Sync in a friend's 2010 Focus, and the capabilities added with MFT just make everything easier and more accessible. There is apparently a big update for MFT in the works right now that should be available in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing any changes that might have been made.

Nick, Update or upgrade? I know they just released a version to try to deal with some of the demons that have shown their ugly heads but what you're talking about sounds more comprehensive. Any ideas of what upgrades there could be?

Nick, Update or upgrade? I know they just released a version to try to deal with some of the demons that have shown their ugly heads but what you're talking about sounds more comprehensive. Any ideas of what upgrades there could be?

No idea if there will be any actual function changes/additions or if it's just a bug fix. Looking forward to it regardless. The setup does do some quirky things now and then like losing connection with my iPod until I either power off the car or reconnect the device. Hopefully things like that will be taken care of.