2012 Focus Packaging Guide

Tiberius1701

thanks for sharing, good to see the different trim line interiors, and was surprised the SEL IP is the Fiesta like keypad, thought the SEL would have the Sony as standard.

Also found it odd that the heat seat is only the seat cushion and not the lower seat back as well, this is IMO a low rent cheaping move. Probably not an issue with 99% of

consumers but seems an odd ommission when the rest of the car is quite a step above the usual North American C class stuff.

Looks good and the pricing is very good.

Thanks for posting!

So is it safe to assume the pictures in the guide are NA spec? Most of the shots are already those on Ford's websites, and they've had the "pre-production" disclaimer on them for a while. I'm personally just wondering about the seat fabrics -- only because I'm really debating whether I want leather seats or not (in Canada, ford.ca suggests you can have a sunroof but with a cloth interior).

thanks for sharing, good to see the different trim line interiors, and was surprised the SEL IP is the Fiesta like keypad, thought the SEL would have the Sony as standard.

Also found it odd that the heat seat is only the seat cushion and not the lower seat back as well, this is IMO a low rent cheaping move. Probably not an issue with 99% of

consumers but seems an odd ommission when the rest of the car is quite a step above the usual North American C class stuff.

It appears the Focus will follow similar packaging to the Taurus where SEL is really a mid-pack trim. This is in contrast to the Fusion which has the SEL as it's top trim and selecting that gets you the better stereo, heated leather, etc. Looks like it's cloth and a basic radio for the Focus and Taurus SEL. Basically Titanium = Limited on the Focus but not to be confused with the Flex Titanium trim. Wait, maybe the point is to get us confused? :rant:

Information is from Ford's dealerconnection website. So, yes I would say it pertains to US and for the most part, Canada.

After reading the latest PDFs, I saw a disclaimer notice just saying some shots were pre-production shots. So, I assume things can still change (but I highly doubt anything drastic because it's close to production).

One thing that I hope maybe someone at a Canadian dealer can clarify is whether the manual transmission *IS* standard on Canadian SEL models. The Ford.ca website is showing in several places that a manual transmission is standard on the SEL, and the PowerShift automatic as an option. If this is the case, would Focus buyers in the US start to import Canadian SEL models with a manual?

Aside from the manual transmission option on the SEL, it looks like there will (still) be subtle differences between Canada and the US models. Canadians get (essentially) the Winter Package as standard on the SEL and Titanium, And, some of our Rapid Spec options are still different (like the Titanium 401A in the US calls for leather, but leather is an added extra in Canada).

Edited by GapBoyPCS

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed 100% on the seat heat concerns. Can anyone confirm that the seatback is not heated? It's hard to get excited over a feature if it's only partially implemented.

Are exterior heated mirrors only available when the winter package option box is checked?

Also regarding brake system there is no mention of EBA (electronic brake assist) or EBD (electronic brake force distribution). Are these systems

on the Focus?

If one looks at the new Elantra specs it appears that Hyundai is raising the bar. IMO the Elantra does not appear have the substances (RJ will love this assumption) of the new Focus, but Hyundai sure does look like it is serious about the C segment.

Edited by MKII

^ MKII, I've got the feeling that Ford is holding-back just a bit (just a bit Too Much) probably for price-point/profit reasons...

...I kinda hope Hyundai/Kia's success forces them to go the extra mile

(lord knows no other mainstream Mfg will do that (imho))

&

re: wing mirrors (AND rearseat armrests!!!)

yeah, it seems like below Titanium, some pkg/pkg+rapid-spec is required to get them POUT.gif & rant.gif

(once again, feeling the LACK of MERCURY!!! Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif)

Edited by 2b2

Are exterior heated mirrors only available when the winter package option box is checked?

Also regarding brake system there is no mention of EBA (electronic brake assist) or EBD (electronic brake force distribution). Are these systems

on the Focus?

If one looks at the new Elantra specs it appears that Hyundai is raising the bar. IMO the Elantra does not appear have the substances (RJ will love this assumption) of the new Focus, but Hyundai sure does look like it is serious about the C segment.

Yes, heated mirrors are only available with the winter package.

I am not sure about the braking question but sometimes they will leave these details out of the first revision of the order guides. You would hope this would be a common standard item now, may be another reason it's left out.

I just ordered a Titanium sedan and I hope the whole seat is heated like my current Fusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, heated mirrors are only available with the winter package.

FWIW, after "building" several different Focii of different trim levels, I think you will see the heated mirrors included on SEL and Titanium models even though they are not called out as such. Reasoning, you ask? The price of the winter package is lower on SEL and Titanium models, ($410.00 vs. $555.00) most likely since they get the mirrors with repeater lamps in them. I believe when you get these mirrors, they automatically have the heated glass in them.

In a cost saving measure, why have more than 3 service parts mirrors?

Base, SE - black w/color cap and SEL/Winter pack - heated, repeater and puddle, should be the part choices.

But then again, I could be wrong. :shrug:

Edited by Tiberius1701

• 2 months later...