2011 Lincoln MKX commercial

I'm only 36. I don't need to be concerned with Lincoln for another 20 years. :lol:

I am 47 and my next car will be a Lincoln. While I am not a huge fan of the split wing grille...it seems to work best on the MKZ which is ironically, the car I am interested in.....after I get transferred back home as a result of my promotion....

I am 47 and my next car will be a Lincoln. While I am not a huge fan of the split wing grille...it seems to work best on the MKZ which is ironically, the car I am interested in.....after I get transferred back home as a result of my promotion....

So did you drive a Lincoln Versailles or a Cadillac Cimarron or Catera in a previous life? :shift:

I dont really know actors/actresses or anything because they dont pay me to care, so I really dont get or know who these personalities are. Mike Rowe Ive seen enough to sort of know he does something with disgusting work, but like really? can we hire someone who will do it far more cheaper that doesnt have a name ?

Thats it?? :hysterical: How's the weather in Metro Detroit these days?? :confused:

How about a Chrysler Cordoba with Corinthian leather? That was supposed to be a luxury car also. Remember, all it takes is fancy grill, better leather, different dashboard, and that is ticket to charging $10,000 more. Some people do fall for that nonsense.

I dont really know actors/actresses or anything because they dont pay me to care, so I really dont get or know who these personalities are. Mike Rowe Ive seen enough to sort of know he does something with disgusting work, but like really? can we hire someone who will do it far more cheaper that doesnt have a name ?

I'm not sure why Ford is pitcihng the pitchman as much as the vehicle. Rowe should only do the voice over and not be the star as he is. Why do we have to see the John Slattery guy? Let him do the voice over and let the vehicle be the star, not the pitchman. In Lexus commercial for years that worked, they used same voice, but you never saw the guy, only heard his distinctive voice that listeners got familiar with and identified with luxury. Chevy is using Tim Allen the right way, his distinctive voice and the car is the star as it should be. BMW is now using a distinctive, authority figure type voice that people are used to hearing. Martin Sheen does a lot of that work also. You don't see him, but you recognize his voice over work. Owen Wilso does a good job with voice overs also in commercials. Ford should do that also instead of promoting Mike Rowe as the star and their vehicles as second fiddle.

He drove an Edsel

:hysterical:

How about a Chrysler Cordoba with Corinthian leather? That was supposed to be a luxury car also. Remember, all it takes is fancy grill, better leather, different dashboard, and that is ticket to charging $10,000 more. Some people do fall for that nonsense.

And I am sure that you would have been fine with a Model T as long as it came with a Titanium package..... :shades:

ADD ON: I had a buddy that had a Chrysler Cordoba when I had a Gran Torino.....that Cordoba was a very comfortable car indeed....but, I am a FoMoCo fan so I tried to make him believe my Torino was nicer than his Cordoba until I sat in his car that is.... :hysterical:

Edited by twintornados

:hysterical:

And I am sure that you would have been fine with a Model T as long as it came with a Titanium package..... :shades:

ADD ON: I had a buddy that had a Chrysler Cordoba when I had a Gran Torino.....that Cordoba was a very comfortable car indeed....but, I am a FoMoCo fan so I tried to make him believe my Torino was nicer than his Cordoba until I sat in his car that is.... :hysterical:

What happened to my frickin Maverick? At least that had a battery instead of a magneto. :shift:

I'm not sure why Ford is pitcihng the pitchman as much as the vehicle. Rowe should only do the voice over and not be the star as he is. Why do we have to see the John Slattery guy? Let him do the voice over and let the vehicle be the star, not the pitchman. In Lexus commercial for years that worked, they used same voice, but you never saw the guy, only heard his distinctive voice that listeners got familiar with and identified with luxury. Chevy is using Tim Allen the right way, his distinctive voice and the car is the star as it should be. BMW is now using a distinctive, authority figure type voice that people are used to hearing.

You do know Lexus got rid of that guy last year (that same guy did the voiceovers for all Lexus commercials since the brand's inception) - the reason? They thought he made the brand seem too old.

I personally am not impressed with the Tim Allen Chevy commercials (or at least the Cruze one that I've seen) - maybe it's just the commercial itself, I dunno.....

As for BMW, they've used that same guy for years now.

Edited by rmc523