2012 Focus Detailed

I kind of like the tail light shape. It breaks up what would otherwise be a pretty large chunk of unstyled real estate on the rear quarter panel.

man, are we having a day to dis-agree or what?...lol. Anyways, i dont see a need for the Wagon if the Grand C-max comes here...but I did note a GLARING deletion...NO 6 speed manul only a 5 speed...COME ON FORD, get with the damn program...oh well, its ST for me, just because of that fact.....snicker....unless the St Fiesta rocks my world of course.....

Don't know if you all noticed, but Austin posted the 2012 Focus order guide (sans prices) in the Focus subforum... looks great. A few highlights:

-SEL and above get one touch up and down on all windows

-4 interior colors: Stone, Charcoal, Arctic White Interior Upgrade, Tuscany Red Interior Upgrade.

-Upper trims get rear armrest with storage

-If I read right, 2 different versions of MyFord Touch: One with the 8" screen in the center stack, and one with the 4" screen in the pod

A few let downs:

-5sp manual only (no 6)

-Manual tranny only available on S and SE; Auto only for SEL and Titanium

Edit: added order guide, courtesy of BON member Austin

2012_Focus_Order_Guide.pdf

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Just my two cents:

1. I like the rear HB light design. The Sedan is really good-looking with a Mondeo flavor.

2. I would like to see the wagon but I'm sure the Grand C-Max will take care of that and that's a looker as well. No issues.

3. I'm on the fence on the Focus ST's solid face above the grill. It reminds me of a Mazda 3 front and I'm not a fan of it. Personnally, I never liked steel where traditionally, there would be a grill above the bumper.

4. Concerning the 5-manual: I feel this is a cost-save measure to get rid of the last of the 5 speed units. I don't know which one it is but I wouldn't be surprised it's a unit shared with Ford/Mazda that used on the current Duratec/MZR engine line. I think we'll see a 6 speed CY 2012. As for a lack of a manual on the high-end, the Powershift has a select-shift feature anyway. That will appease most customers.

I won't talk about price but if Ford goes the route of the Fiesta, it'll work. You pay more then you'd expect in this segment BUT, the quality and features will not make you feel ripped off.

Ford has a winner, full stop.

If you read the comments at the bottom, there's a couple of morons who are absolutely sure that the US version will have cheap plastic interiors...

There seems to be a few body styles missing. Will there be a 3dr and/or CC of the new Focus? Or will those be called something else, like Capri?

There seems to be a few body styles missing. Will there be a 3dr and/or CC of the new Focus? Or will those be called something else, like Capri?

If they come at all, it'll probably be a year or two after the launch of the 5-door and sedan. I wouldn't really be shocked to see the CC laid to rest permanently. It was panned for its quality and didn't really sell too well.

Don't know if you all noticed, but Austin posted the 2012 Focus order guide (sans prices) in the Focus subforum... looks great. A few highlights:

-SEL and above get one touch up and down on all windows

-4 interior colors: Stone, Charcoal, Arctic White Interior Upgrade, Tuscany Red Interior Upgrade.

-Upper trims get rear armrest with storage

-If I read right, 2 different versions of MyFord Touch: One with the 8" screen in the center stack, and one with the 4" screen in the pod

This is good stuff, especially for a car in this segment. I particularly like global 1 touch up/down. Granted, I can't remember the last ttime the passenger-side rear window on my car even moved, but the fact that I only have 1-touch DOWN (not even up?) on just the driver's window is a sign of feature progression. I get it, do we really 1-touch anything on any window besides the driver? Probably not...but still how much more expensive could it be to just put it on all the windows and it be a feature to point out?

**Runs off to check windows on 2011 Fusion.

This is good stuff, especially for a car in this segment. I particularly like global 1 touch up/down. Granted, I can't remember the last ttime the passenger-side rear window on my car even moved, but the fact that I only have 1-touch DOWN (not even up?) on just the driver's window is a sign of feature progression. I get it, do we really 1-touch anything on any window besides the driver? Probably not...but still how much more expensive could it be to just put it on all the windows and it be a feature to point out?

**Runs off to check windows on 2011 Fusion.

Good Post, I can tell you I keep the real windows down slightly for ventilation instead of running A/C.

One touch down/up for both front windows is actually useful -- if the car interior is warm after being parked in the sun, opening both front windows to get cross breeze through the car is the fastest way to blow the hot air out of the interior. And then one touch up for both front windows as you enter the freeway on-ramp is convenient.

4. Concerning the 5-manual: I feel this is a cost-save measure to get rid of the last of the 5 speed units. I don't know which one it is but I wouldn't be surprised it's a unit shared with Ford/Mazda that used on the current Duratec/MZR engine line. I think we'll see a 6 speed CY 2012. As for a lack of a manual on the high-end, the Powershift has a select-shift feature anyway. That will appease most customers.

The other thing is, probably 90% in the US will be sold with the automatic, so they decided to put their engineering resources to the automatic. I'd prefer a 6-speed manual, but I can understand why the automatic is of higher priority for a car to be sold in the US.

The automatic has a manual selection mode in the SE with Sport package or the SEL or Titanium trims, but not in the S or SE without Sport package.

The other thing is, probably 90% in the US will be sold with the automatic, so they decided to put their engineering resources to the automatic. I'd prefer a 6-speed manual, but I can understand why the automatic is of higher priority for a car to be sold in the US.

The automatic has a manual selection mode in the SE with Sport package or the SEL or Titanium trims, but not in the S or SE without Sport package.

I have a feeling that the ST will have a six speed manual option.

I think it does (ref. press release)and I think it's the same unit in the current generation ST which is not a bad thing.

6 speed

newfordfocus-st-29.jpg

High res pic for close up details

http://paris2010.fordmedia.eu/photos/highres/newfordfocus-st-29.jpg

the new 6 spd MT is standard fare in the 1.6L Ecoboost 150PS 180PS next gen Focus

Edited by MKII

Of course, the snarky nerdy posters assume that the new Focus "will have cheap interior', since they know it all. But, those people don't buy anything new, just computers to flood message boards with spam.

Fiesta is off to a good start, and interior is fine. For every one nit-picky dork, there's hundreds of level-headed people willing to buy one!

Of course, the snarky nerdy posters assume that the new Focus "will have cheap interior', since they know it all. But, those people don't buy anything new, just computers to flood message boards with spam.

Fiesta is off to a good start, and interior is fine. For every one nit-picky dork, there's hundreds of level-headed people willing to buy one!

How can anyone call that interior "cheap"? Idiots.