Focus Order Guide Available

rkisler

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they are low cost items but so are floor mats yet all mfrs still bend you over on the price for those.

Some people prefer rubber bowl all weather mats instead of the usual carpet floor mats.

Of course, car companies put carpet on the interior floor that will either spend its life hidden under floor mats or getting dirty and hard to clean if no floor mats are used. Seems like it would be better to just spray pickup truck bedliner into the floor and put some drain holes for hosing out the interior; then the customer can choose to put down removable carpet floor mats or removable rubber bowl all weather mats if desired.

Some people prefer rubber bowl all weather mats instead of the usual carpet floor mats.

Of course, car companies put carpet on the interior floor that will either spend its life hidden under floor mats or getting dirty and hard to clean if no floor mats are used. Seems like it would be better to just spray pickup truck bedliner into the floor and put some drain holes for hosing out the interior; then the customer can choose to put down removable carpet floor mats or removable rubber bowl all weather mats if desired.

Those rubber mats came with my Flex as an option and I do use them all year round now because I tote two small boys around in it. They're just easier to clean, plain and simple and since I paid for them I might as well get some use out of them. I would not have ordered them on my own however.

Someone actually asked on Ford Focus' Facebook page earlier, and got the same confirmation :shades:

That certainly is good news. Now all we need is some pricing info. I want to see if I can option an SE with the sport pkg to be nearly identical to an SEL only without the auto tranny. That would be very enticing.

thanks Austin,

So if I understand this guide no manual offered with SEL or Titanium trim levels only the Powershift tranny. The consumer wanting all the sporty dynamics that are offered on the Titanium such as the upgrade sport suspension and prefers to row their own ( a manual tranny person ) are going to be pissed.

And rear drums on the S and SE trim as standard. Yhis should be good for a few heated posts.

And there is a MyFord Touch with a 4" screen. edit - MyFord driver connect technology (maybe the touch is left out)

The North American details or lack thereof in these order guides leaves many questions of what is in these vehicles. No wonder sales people are a little unsure of what is inside what they sell.

That's me MKII....if I had my druthers, it would be a 5-door, Ecoboost, manual transmission with all the other lux / sport goodies. I understand product planners have to keep things as simple as possible. But there are a few of us diehard manual trans folks out there, that don't want their car to be a rental-fleet look-alike. Thank god I could order the sport appearance package on my 2010 Fusion with the six-speed manual. It's made driving the car a lot more fun than the automatic.. In fact, I wouldn't have bought the Fusion if it was automatic only (as is the case with the Malibu I believe.) Please Ford, I know the days of the manual transmission are numbered, but for a couple years can we have the pleasure?

Change it from discussing the Ford Focus order guide to what then? Did you read the title on the thread?

Change from the misinformation that the Sport package requires ATX, which has been cleared up. For the SFE package, it clearly states 'ATX Required', while that was not stated for the entire Sport package. Don't know how clearer that can be.

Edited by 630land

Change from the misinformation that the Sport package requires ATX, which has been cleared up. For the SFE package, it clearly states 'ATX Required', while that was not stated for the entire Sport package. Don't know how clearer that can be.

Maybe you should have followed along if you were so interested then. Instead of trying to get people to move on because you were bored.

So are you bringing this up agian because you really don't want it to go away or what? If you feel you need to have the last word then by all means, post a reply and I'll be sure to ignore it.

Maybe you should have followed along if you were so interested then. Instead of trying to get people to move on because you were bored.

So are you bringing this up agian because you really don't want it to go away or what? If you feel you need to have the last word then by all means, post a reply and I'll be sure to ignore it.

We'll you were wrong, ha! :camera:

SE Pkg Info

For those who really did follow along and also felt the guide could be interpreted more than one way regarding the sport pkg, Ford officially cleared it up yesterday.

Now onto more important things. Someone posted an "as ordered" price for an SE with manual tranny, sport pkg, interior upgrade pkg, and rapid spec 203A (Sync, MyTouch, etc.). $22015 and $20745 invoice in case anyone is interested in preliminary pricing too.

• 8 months later...

Did Ford hear their enthusiast customers tell them they do not want the Sport Suspension anymore in the SE Sport Package :hysterical::banghead::redcard:

Ford made such a big noise about listening to their enthusiast customers http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33466 " “They asked us to give Focus more responsive handling, and they asked that we develop and offer a factory-engineered handling package with beefier suspension hardware. We’ve done just that, fine-tuning a pair of available packages for mid-level SE and up-range Titanium models.” and now they take the Sport out of the Sport Package. Old habits die hard I suppose.

Did Ford hear their enthusiast customers tell them they do not want the Sport Suspension anymore in the SE Sport Package :hysterical::banghead::redcard:

Ford made such a big noise about listening to their enthusiast customers http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33466 " “They asked us to give Focus more responsive handling, and they asked that we develop and offer a factory-engineered handling package with beefier suspension hardware. We’ve done just that, fine-tuning a pair of available packages for mid-level SE and up-range Titanium models.” and now they take the Sport out of the Sport Package. Old habits die hard I suppose.

I'm comparing the latest posted guide with the one from January 2011 posted earlier. The reference to the Sport Tuned suspension has been removed from both the SE Sport and the base Titanium. The updates section of the guide doesn't indicate the suspensions were removed, nor does Fordparts.com show any changes to suspension components (there are still three shocks/struts available - standard, touring, and handling).

I hope this isn't the case. I know I came across a build guide dated May 2011 somewhere on the Internet - I'm not sure if that one was for a different market or not.

I'm comparing the latest posted guide with the one from January 2011 posted earlier. The reference to the Sport Tuned suspension has been removed from both the SE Sport and the base Titanium. The updates section of the guide doesn't indicate the suspensions were removed, nor does Fordparts.com show any changes to suspension components (there are still three shocks/struts available - standard, touring, and handling).

I hope this isn't the case. I know I came across a build guide dated May 2011 somewhere on the Internet - I'm not sure if that one was for a different market or not.

Dealers Order Guide 2012 Focus August 20, 2010

• SE Sport Package

-Sport Tuned Suspension

-16" Aluminum Wheels

- Sport Seats

-Rear Disc Brakes

-SelectShift™

-Piano Black Grille

-Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-door)

-Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register

surround

-Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel

Note: Not available with Super Fuel Economy Package

(SFE) (46F)

Note: SelectShift™ Requires automatic transmission

(44W)

Order Guide 2012 Focus July 01, 2011

• SE Sport Package

— 16" Aluminum Wheels

— Sport Seats

— Rear Disc Brakes

— SelectShift

— Piano Black Grille

— Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-Door)

— Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register

surround

— Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel

Note: Not available with Super Fuel Economy Package

(SFE) (46F)

Note: SelectShift Requires automatic transmission (44W)

Just noticed that the one page from the latest order guide dated May 05,2011 has the sport suspension omitted as well

SE Sport Package

• 16" Alloy Wheels

• Sport Seats

• Rear Disc Brakes

• SelectShift (Only when automatic is ordered)

• Piano Black Grille

• Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-Door)

• Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register surround

• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel

Note: Not Available with Super Fuel Economy Package (SFE) (46F)

Note: SelectShift Requires Automatic Transmission (44W)

Note: Sport Pkg. is available with manual transmission, however, SelectShift

is omitted from the package.

So that would mean SE with Sport Package ordered after May 01 2011 will have the neutered Sport Package as well. But the SE with Sport Package VIN details that I have seen built up to June 20 are still showing the upgraded suspension.

I have asked Ford via Facebook and Twitter regarding this change in literature but their usual willingness to communicate has been silient on the subject.

Edited by MKII

I can't believe they took the sport package, and turned it into sport appearance package, after I ordered one.

Let's wait for the final version of the order guide. It could be a typo or they could make the sport tuned suspension standard.

Let's wait for the final version of the order guide. It could be a typo or they could make the sport tuned suspension standard.

There are things in the latest OG that makes me think there are several typos:

- Red Candy U6 is still available (that's the one with the Xiralic pigments from Japan)

- The keys that now come with a Focus is confusing (there's now a "base" key on the S, which the owner's manual doesn't seem to reference, in addition to one integrated key -- get an SE or higher and you get two Integrated keys)

- Engine block heater availability flip-flops between Fleet-Only and Standalone option

I know these aren't meant for the general public to use, but if they're confusing for us to read, I can only imagine the frustration that dealers and sales staff go through in deciphering (and ordering from) them.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got it to work.

Thanks Austin, for making this available.

I was thinking I might like to add Remote Start to my Focus.

I've got to get some ??? sorted out before I do though.

For example, do we (now) know if there is a work-around the crazy idea that every remote-start causes an extra engine off & on process.

That's a deal-breaker for me. I will not put the engine through that cycle everytime I choose to remote-start. (On a Hybrid, maybe, but not on the Focus).

From page 7 of guide;

ACCESSORIES – Factory Invoiced Accessories (FIA) Program

Note: FIA Ford Custom Accessories are shipped separately from the vehicle for dealer installation.

PowerCode™ Remote Start System

Note: Requires Automatic Transmission

Note: Factory Invoiced Accessory

66F

From this info can I assume this can be a Factory Installed option?

All wired at the factory, no dealer work? (I know on the Fusion Hybrid it can be Factory Ordered).

But this confuses me;

"Note: FIA Ford Custom Accessories are shipped separately from the vehicle for dealer installation".

What does that ^ mean?

Thanks

But this confuses me;

"Note: FIA Ford Custom Accessories are shipped separately from the vehicle for dealer installation".

What does that ^ mean?

Just means that the additional options you are getting are installed by the dealer before delivery to you. Most likely installed during dealer prep