Focus Order Guide Available

rkisler

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Austin,

So if I understand this guide no manual offered with SEL or Titanium trim levels only the Powershift tranny. The consumer wanting all the sporty dynamics that are offered on the Titanium such as the upgrade sport suspension and prefers to row their own ( a manual tranny person ) are going to be pissed.

And rear drums on the S and SE trim as standard. Yhis should be good for a few heated posts.

And there is a MyFord Touch with a 4" screen. edit - MyFord driver connect technology (maybe the touch is left out)

The North American details or lack thereof in these order guides leaves many questions of what is in these vehicles. No wonder sales people are a little unsure of what is inside what they sell.

Edited by MKII

I think I am as well. Can't wait to see some of the color options/wheel choices in person!

Looks really good, though I think it is a huge oversight the HID/LED headlights didnt make it over, you figure with all the crappy aftermaket HID headlamp kits that people are installing Ford would offer them on the SE Sport/SEL/Titanium line. They would be a very popular option on the SE with Sport package for the demographic that is going to buy it. Plus it really makes the car stand out at night, makes it look much more expensive.

Also think the Active assist package should include power-folding mirrors. People that get that package are going to parallel park and power-folding outside mirror are very convenient when you have to do that regularly.

The heated windshild should be in the cold weather pack as well.

Edited by jasonj80

Looks really good, though I think it is a huge oversight the HID/LED headlights didn’t make it over, you figure with all the crappy aftermaket HID headlamp kits that people are installing Ford would offer them on the SE Sport/SEL/Titanium line. They would be a very popular option on the SE with Sport package for the demographic that is going to buy it. Plus it really makes the car stand out at night, makes it look much more expensive.

Also think the Active assist package should include power-folding mirrors. People that get that package are going to parallel park and power-folding outside mirror are very convenient when you have to do that regularly.

The heated windshild should be in the cold weather pack as well.

Agree on the headlights. I hadn't dug down deeply enough to find the omission of the HIDs. I'm currently driving a 2010 Fusion Sport and have an 03 Focus SVT Euro. There's no comparison between the two. Doesn't the top of the line Mazda 3 have HIDs?

Thanks for posting the order guide. It just made my day :happy feet:

From the looks of it, I think I'm going with a FULLY loaded Titanium as well, provided that line gets across into Canada.

I hope the colour combinations are going to be at NAIAS 2011. I'm not sure what to make of the two special packages (I'm assuming it'd be like the Blue Suede package that's on the Fusion) - I get a sense it might make the car look worse only because I have this image of a family member's "red" interior on a 1991 Topaz.

For the rear drum haters: I know the debates on braking efficiency and what works better. Thing is in the real world, I really don't see much difference in having drums only because the tradeoff to having a longer service life for daily driving.

As for the HIDs: I'm not surprised that there is no HID option. I love mine on my Focus. That being said, I really don't like the price of their upkeep (bulb costs, sourcing bulbs from a reputable source, and ballast). I have a feeling they will make it on the upcoming Lincoln C-class segment entry. It'd be no different than, say, the Fusion/Milan not getting HIDs but stepping up to an MKZ will get you HIDs (for a price).

The SE has rear power windows standard, look at the PDF.

Also, the issue with the Neon was that no trim level had rear power windows. At least the new base S model has front power vs. all cranks.

I noticed that upon further inspection. This is good to hear! Also, love the availability of four-wheel discs, which I believe were only relegated to the SVT and ST in the past.

So if I understand this guide no manual offered with SEL or Titanium trim levels only the Powershift tranny. The consumer wanting all the sporty dynamics that are offered on the Titanium such as the upgrade sport suspension and prefers to row their own ( a manual tranny person ) are going to be pissed.

And rear drums on the S and SE trim as standard. Yhis should be good for a few heated posts.

On the SE, you can get the Sport package with a sport suspension and rear discs. Presumably, those who care about sporty driving but either want a manual or don't want to spend for the higher trims will choose the SE with the Sport package.

However, someone who wants all of the other added features of the SEL or Titanium but wants a manual is left out.

On the SE, you can get the Sport package with a sport suspension and rear discs. Presumably, those who care about sporty driving but either want a manual or don't want to spend for the higher trims will choose the SE with the Sport package.

However, someone who wants all of the other added features of the SEL or Titanium but wants a manual is left out.

Well, almost. Yes you can get the sport pkg on the SE. No you can't get the sport pkg on the SE and keep the manual tranny. The sport pkg on the SE specifically states that option code 44W (6-speed PowerShift Automatic Transmission) is required with that package. So according to this preliminary order guide you cannot get the sporty suspension from the SEL/Titanium trims and still row your own gears.

I would think the requirement of the auto tranny in the SE sport pkg would make that particular pkg pretty expensive too.

Well, almost. Yes you can get the sport pkg on the SE. No you can't get the sport pkg on the SE and keep the manual tranny. The sport pkg on the SE specifically states that option code 44W (6-speed PowerShift Automatic Transmission) is required with that package

No, it says that SelectShift requires the automatic transmission; it does not say that the Sport Package requires the automatic transmission (like it does with the Super Fuel Economy Package). That implies that if you specify the Sport Package with a manual transmission, you won't get SelectShift (which does not apply to the manual transmission).

No, it says that SelectShift requires the automatic transmission; it does not say that the Sport Package requires the automatic transmission (like it does with the Super Fuel Economy Package). That implies that if you specify the Sport Package with a manual transmission, you won't get SelectShift (which does not apply to the manual transmission).

Good luck. We've told baggs32 the same thing at least 5 times but he refuses to believe it.

SE Sport Package includes "Select Shift" which means this spec'd SE is equipped with the automatic "Powershift" transmission , there is no such SE trim car with manual tranny if spec'd with the Sport Package because Select Shift is included in the SE Sport Package/

SE Sport Package

• Sport Tuned Suspension

• 16" Alloy Wheels

• Sport Seats

• Rear Disc Brakes

• SelectShift™

• Piano Black Grille

• Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-Door)

• Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register

surround

• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel

Note: Not Available with Super Fuel Economy Package (SFE) (46F)

Note: SelectShift™ Requires Automatic Transmission (44W)

It is not possible to specify manual tranny with the SE Sport Package, unless of course Ford changes this order guide and removes the inclusion of "Select Shift" in this SE Sport Package

Edited by MKII

SE Sport Package includes "Select Shift" which means this spec'd SE is equipped with the automatic "Powershift" transmission , there is no such SE trim car with manual tranny if spec'd with the Sport Package because Select Shift is included in the SE Sport Package/

SE Sport Package

• Sport Tuned Suspension

• 16" Alloy Wheels

• Sport Seats

• Rear Disc Brakes

• SelectShift™

• Piano Black Grille

• Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-Door)

• Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register

surround

• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel

Note: Not Available with Super Fuel Economy Package (SFE) (46F)

Note: SelectShift™ Requires Automatic Transmission (44W)

It is not possible to specify manual tranny with the SE Sport Package, unless of course Ford changes this order guide and removes the inclusion of "Select Shift" in this SE Sport Package

The confusion seems to be how it's worded and presented so far.

I had to read that section over a few times. I agree with the others that think if you specify a manual tranny with the SE Sport Package, you won't get the Select Shift option. Another way to look at it (which is just repeating others), is that you get SelectShift with the SE Sport Package only if you order an automatic.

It says SelectShift requires the automatic, which is order code 44W. 44W is the automatic transmission order code. So if "44W" isn't there, SelectShift (by reason) won't be there either.