Petition Ford to bring the T6 Ranger to North America

Mackintire

The best way to to keep the Ranger is to place an order with Ford.

That way, Ford knows you're serious about buying one.

Otherwise it's all just piss and wind.....

If I purchased a new truck now it would be a Sport Trak, Taco or a Frontier. The current Ranger has been neglected for far to long. The T6 is a different beast and is what I would like to purchase.

I need a quad cab and to be able to fit a child safety seat.

Its like you're saying buy a hot dog now so years later I can have a steak.

I can not agree with your suggestion.

If I am going to buy steak, sir I am going to buy a decent cut.

Edited by Mackintire

The reason Tacoma sells so well, particularly in dual cab models is because it robs sales from its big brother Tundra.

T6 is a much bigger Ranger (Wider) and the dual cab is a lot like Sport Track but with leaf spring rear. A wider Ranger like the T6 may well be more attractive to F Truck buyers not particularly interested in towing and more interested in comfort in a slightly smaller package, I could see Ford getting worried about migrating sales figures....

I think for this reason Ford is wanting to protect F150, IMO if T6 were available in USA with D37 (not designed btw)

and EB 2.0, maybe buyers would start cross shopping F150 with Dual cab Rangers that give better fuel economy.

That's the real dilemma for Ford, T6 Ranger is good enough to stand along side F150 and pinch some sales from it....

Edited by jpd80

The reason Tacoma sells so well, particularly in dual cab models is because it robs sales from its big brother Tundra.

Prove it.

It is just as likely the Tacoma steals Ranger sales just as the F150 steals Tundra sales for the same reason -- because the Tundra is a piece of shit. Brand loyalty is one thing. We're (assuming) Ford fans and (assuming) that all Toyota owners are 100% brand loyal. Plunking down $40G, loyalty only counts for so much when the competition clearly has a better product and you have no emotional ties to the company.

So, education time. The bed in a Ranger is THE SAME SIZE as a Tacoma. The payload of a Ranger is MORE than a Tacoma. Do you really think that people that NEED a full sized truck will opt for a Tacoma instead of a Tundra? Really, that's farfetched at best. So what is the difference? Same sized bed. Better load capacity. Better towing capacity. Equal or better reliability. Cheaper. The Ranger should easily win. Why not then? Why does the Tacoma outsell the Ranger nearly 3 to 1?

Here's why. The Tacoma quad cab is 221" long, the Ranger is nearly 204". In that extra foot and a half length (same bed) you get a REAL rear passenger door and a REAL rear seat, not one that if you cram two people back there it makes your entrance look like the circus is in town.

Add to that the fact that the Tacoma has a more modern drivetrain and gets better gas mileage (excluding the stripper 4-banger Ranger).

The few times a year that we pull a rental camper, we have to take TWO cars; one to haul the family, and the Ranger to carry 2 people, the gear and the trailer. But I can't justify buying an F150 for the other 50 weeks out of the year.

If I didn't work for Ford I probably would buy a Tacoma too.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

sorry but I will NOT sign any petition to shut down another north america plant and import the very nice thailand POS...

that IS the Thai model isnt it?

we need to petition Ford to update the US truck.

The T6 Ranger can be built anywhere. They build (or will build) the Focus here and abroad.

If Ford goes through with its plans to not bring a Ranger replacement here, it will have zero chance of being built here.

The T6 Ranger can be built anywhere. They build (or will build) the Focus here and abroad.

If Ford goes through with its plans to not bring a Ranger replacement here, it will have zero chance of being built here.

I see said the blind man :)

thanks! so any ford execs in here: ' build that truck HERE, I'll likely get one'. our kids will be driving in a couple years, was already thinking a Ranger as a next addition...generally affordable, full frame durability, not room for a dozen buddies, cheap insurance, economical...the little ranger is a neat truck- too sad its rotted on the vine long as the crown vic...both have a lot of potential.

I still say, make a 56 F100 looking pickup and paneltruck body for that long proven(and paid for) chassis, you'll have a 2005 mustang-like line forming...proportions work well, its long overdue for a facelift...wont cost much more to make a classic truck than just another run of the mill refresh...

I see said the blind man :)

thanks! so any ford execs in here: ' build that truck HERE, I'll likely get one'. our kids will be driving in a couple years, was already thinking a Ranger as a next addition...generally affordable, full frame durability, not room for a dozen buddies, cheap insurance, economical...the little ranger is a neat truck- too sad its rotted on the vine long as the crown vic...both have a lot of potential.

I still say, make a 56 F100 looking pickup and paneltruck body for that long proven(and paid for) chassis, you'll have a 2005 mustang-like line forming...proportions work well, its long overdue for a facelift...wont cost much more to make a classic truck than just another run of the mill refresh...

Blind man meet deaf man. :reading: The plant is dead, the current ranger is dead. No plan, no amount of money, no petitioning is going to save the current ranger. The production line is already shut down. Net year's allocation of trucks are already optioned and built.

Now that those facts are clear.

The T6 platform can be assembled in Brazil or Argentina and still get around the chicken tax. The only remaining issue is volume and profitability.