HomeLink garage door opener for Fusion

lincolnman

Homelink is now available on the 2011 Fusions. has anybody priced it out and does anyone know if the fabric matches the 2010?

I really miss this option and I guess if I have to I'll order both the right and left visor if they don't match my 2010. I keep forgetting to call during the day and only remember it when I get home and have to use two remotes to get into my buildings garage.

Thanks in advance.

Homelink is now available on the 2011 Fusions. has anybody priced it out and does anyone know if the fabric matches the 2010?

I really miss this option and I guess if I have to I'll order both the right and left visor if they don't match my 2010. I keep forgetting to call during the day and only remember it when I get home and have to use two remotes to get into my buildings garage.

Thanks in advance.

I know some ford dealers have interior mirrors that will retro-fit. That the route I went, got a replacement that was auto-dimming and also displays the outside air temp. It can operate three separate radio frequency devices.

It was simpler to do that, than to get a visor with the homelink.

I thought about the same thing in case I get a 2010. Hard to believe they omitted homelink from a car this feature-packed. I couldn't find parts for the 2011 listed yet, but checked out parts for the MKZ, which has a homelink in the sun visor; it is over $400 list price for the left sun visor! I think I can juggle garage door openers for that kind of money.

I thought about the same thing in case I get a 2010. Hard to believe they omitted homelink from a car this feature-packed. I couldn't find parts for the 2011 listed yet, but checked out parts for the MKZ, which has a homelink in the sun visor; it is over $400 list price for the left sun visor! I think I can juggle garage door openers for that kind of money.

You can also buy a used visor from any make or model on ebay and install the unit in your own visor or anywhere else in the vehicle. You just need a 12V power source (which is available in the vanity mirror). I did this and the only mistake I made was to cut the material because I couldn't figure out how to get it off all the way. Only cost me $40.

You can also buy a used visor from any make or model on ebay and install the unit in your own visor or anywhere else in the vehicle. You just need a 12V power source (which is available in the vanity mirror). I did this and the only mistake I made was to cut the material because I couldn't figure out how to get it off all the way. Only cost me $40.

Did you finally figure out how to get the visor material off without cutting it? I got a Homelink unit from a salvage yard and put it in my wife's 2002 Outback sun visor. It works great but not happy with the outcome...the visor did not glue back together well...after a few hot days, the visor separates, so is held together with larger rubber bands until I can figure a better way of repairing it.

I stopped by a local Ford dealership to check out some of the new 2011 Fusions and it looks like the visor fabric is the same on the 2011 as my 2010 FFH with charcoal interior.

Checked with the parts department and got this part number for the LH visor with Homelink: AH6Z 5404105 AD

No price is listed as of 9/17/10.

I stopped by a local Ford dealership to check out some of the new 2011 Fusions and it looks like the visor fabric is the same on the 2011 as my 2010 FFH with charcoal interior.

Checked with the parts department and got this part number for the LH visor with Homelink: AH6Z 5404105 AD

No price is listed as of 9/17/10.

Did not try again yet. Last time I checked the price was $300-$400.