Custom Search

Ford News Around the Web
2016 Shelby GT350 to get convertible version - GT350 to use unique body parts.

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Ford Fiesta Daytime Running Lights (Activation)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX
  • Interests:Travel and Drinking Craft Beer

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

Just took delivery of my 2011 Ford Fiesta and my selling Dealer`s Service Department was unable to activate the DRL`s on this vehicle. Rumor was that all late model Ford vehicles had the ability to have the Daytime Running Lights activated by a Ford Dealership using IDS Programmer and Smart Junction, clicking exterior lighting, enable DRL`s and 10 minutes later, DRL`s working. My dealership tried but was unable to activate. Can it be done or will Ford eventually issue and after market DRL relay module like they have in the past that requires it to be hard wired into the electrical system? Why is it that only Canadian and Fleet vehicles are the only ones that Ford permits DRL`s to be factory ordered? Must be a "VERY" expensive devise!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   beargap

beargap

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 02-November 09

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

Just took delivery of my 2011 Ford Fiesta and my selling Dealer`s Service Department was unable to activate the DRL`s on this vehicle. Rumor was that all late model Ford vehicles had the ability to have the Daytime Running Lights activated by a Ford Dealership using IDS Programmer and Smart Junction, clicking exterior lighting, enable DRL`s and 10 minutes later, DRL`s working. My dealership tried but was unable to activate. Can it be done or will Ford eventually issue and after market DRL relay module like they have in the past that requires it to be hard wired into the electrical system? Why is it that only Canadian and Fleet vehicles are the only ones that Ford permits DRL`s to be factory ordered? Must be a "VERY" expensive devise!

Certainly was a simple change on our '08 Mountaineer. Quick program change and DRL's (80% of normal low beams) were activated and work fine, no other hardware needed. I do recall the Tech saying that was one of the few model years that was available on, though, so perhaps takes something more for a 2011.

=Vic=

#3 OFFLINE   Myronbg

Myronbg

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 31-July 10

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

I've had my SES for a couple of weeks. I have tried many times to activate with no luck. The op manual was (if equipped) so I don't know. I reviewed all of the standard and additional options and it isn't listed. I did a search and the results are for many other Ford models, but not the Fiesta.

#4 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

I've had my SES for a couple of weeks. I have tried many times to activate with no luck. The op manual was (if equipped) so I don't know. I reviewed all of the standard and additional options and it isn't listed. I did a search and the results are for many other Ford models, but not the Fiesta.

#5 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Guess we will have to wait for the anticipated release of a Ford Accessory Daytime Running Light Module which will cost around $70. but require a few hours labor to have installed at the Dealership. Its absolutely assinine to require spending hundreds of dollars for those who wish to avail themselves of a DRL safety devise when it could have easily been installed during assembly like the Canadian vehicles at mininmal expense. At least the wiring should have been provided to allow for easy and inexpensive activation then having to go through this hassel. I was informed by the "Fiesta" pre-order Team that activating the DRL`s at time of vehicle delivery would take but a few minutes and no expense! Ford Customer Service Rep`s and the Fiesta Team Rep`s never got back with me on this matter although they assured me that a reply would be forthcoming either by email or phone in a matter of days....and that I might add was several weeks ago! You can have my $50 gift card back in exchange for activating the DRL`s for me!

#6 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

For those that might be interested, (im sure there is not many), I finally had my new 2011 Ford Fiesta DRL`s, Daytime Running Lights activated despite being told by the Ford Fiesta Team, Ford Motor Companies Customer Support Tech Team, and my selling Ford Dealership that it was IMPOSSIBLE to activate the DRL`s on this vehicle unless it was made for export to Canada...period! A quick inquiry to the service department at Duncan Ford in Key West, FL at the end of civilization here in the USA was able to do the trick in less then 5 minutes using the IDS Programmer and the vehicles Smart Junction Box! Its hard to comprehend that so many requests to people that should be (in the loop of information) did not have a clue how to utilize this desired safety feature when a mere click of the "mouse" solved the issue! Talk about the head not knowing the tail is wagging. I had the Boomerang OEM aftermarket armrest installed and the Ford window ventshade deflectors added, had 3M 35% color stable window tint applied and my Fiesta 5 door SE Hatchback is complete. Damn, this car in Candy Red Metallic is awsome....a real head turner. The Power Moon Roof on it makes it even sweeter.