Custom Search

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  LIke most online communities, you must first register to create topics and post replies.
Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stang65

Stang65

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 22-June 10

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone explain why Ford is replacing the mini spare tire on V6 Mustangs with a Tire Mobility Kit? Why can they not at least offer the option of a mini spare in place of this kit. I am sure it will fit in the trunk still since they offer it in the V8 Model.

The kit is useless if the sidewall is cut by a nail or something else which has been the case for me with my '02 V8 & '06 V6.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   randy_tho

randy_tho

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 14-March 07

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

My first guess would be to tweak out the MPG rating. lol. The 08 and up bullit and the GT500 only have the patch kit also I believe.

Can anyone explain why Ford is replacing the mini spare tire on V6 Mustangs with a Tire Mobility Kit? Why can they not at least offer the option of a mini spare in place of this kit. I am sure it will fit in the trunk still since they offer it in the V8 Model.

The kit is useless if the sidewall is cut by a nail or something else which has been the case for me with my '02 V8 & '06 V6.

Thank you all for the great customer service that is provided here.

#3 OFFLINE   PTRocks

PTRocks

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 19-March 08

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

The spare tire is a "fleet only" option :rant:

#4 OFFLINE   BS Racing

BS Racing

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 13-July 10

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

I don't carry a spare in any of my vehicles.
AAA all the way :shades:
2011 F150 Platinum Daily driver
Candy red Metallic 4X4 Ecoboost max tow package.

99 F150 Scab 4X4 SOLD
99 Lightning Traded in
03 Mustang Cobra
77 Mustang II 2+2 302 auto TTops SOLD
07 FXDSE
05 Escape Hybrid

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·