Custom Search

Ford News Around the Web
• 2016 Shelby GT350 to use 5.2L Naturally Aspirated engine. More here.
• Ford approves formation of Lincoln Continental Club, which can be found here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stang65

Stang65

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 22-June 10

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone explain why Ford is replacing the mini spare tire on V6 Mustangs with a Tire Mobility Kit? Why can they not at least offer the option of a mini spare in place of this kit. I am sure it will fit in the trunk still since they offer it in the V8 Model.

The kit is useless if the sidewall is cut by a nail or something else which has been the case for me with my '02 V8 & '06 V6.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   randy_tho

randy_tho

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 14-March 07

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

My first guess would be to tweak out the MPG rating. lol. The 08 and up bullit and the GT500 only have the patch kit also I believe.

Can anyone explain why Ford is replacing the mini spare tire on V6 Mustangs with a Tire Mobility Kit? Why can they not at least offer the option of a mini spare in place of this kit. I am sure it will fit in the trunk still since they offer it in the V8 Model.

The kit is useless if the sidewall is cut by a nail or something else which has been the case for me with my '02 V8 & '06 V6.

Thank you all for the great customer service that is provided here.

#3 OFFLINE   PTRocks

PTRocks

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 19-March 08

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

The spare tire is a "fleet only" option :rant:

#4 OFFLINE   BS Racing

BS Racing

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 13-July 10

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

I don't carry a spare in any of my vehicles.
AAA all the way :shades:
2011 F150 Platinum Daily driver
Candy red Metallic 4X4 Ecoboost max tow package.

99 F150 Scab 4X4 SOLD
99 Lightning Traded in
03 Mustang Cobra
77 Mustang II 2+2 302 auto TTops SOLD
07 FXDSE
05 Escape Hybrid