Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

Stang65

Can anyone explain why Ford is replacing the mini spare tire on V6 Mustangs with a Tire Mobility Kit? Why can they not at least offer the option of a mini spare in place of this kit. I am sure it will fit in the trunk still since they offer it in the V8 Model.

The kit is useless if the sidewall is cut by a nail or something else which has been the case for me with my '02 V8 & '06 V6.

My first guess would be to tweak out the MPG rating. lol. The 08 and up bullit and the GT500 only have the patch kit also I believe.

Can anyone explain why Ford is replacing the mini spare tire on V6 Mustangs with a Tire Mobility Kit? Why can they not at least offer the option of a mini spare in place of this kit. I am sure it will fit in the trunk still since they offer it in the V8 Model.

The kit is useless if the sidewall is cut by a nail or something else which has been the case for me with my '02 V8 & '06 V6.

The spare tire is a "fleet only" option :rant:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't carry a spare in any of my vehicles.

AAA all the way :shades: