2012 Edge Job #1 Dates

ice-capades

The following information was released yesterday via the Fleet Distribution News Bulletin - May 28, 2010

01/28/11 - 2011 MY Job Last Date

10/11/10 - 2012 MY Order Bank Open Date

12/16/10 - 2012 MY Scheduling Begins

01/31/11 - 2012 MY Job #1 Date

Hi ice-capades. :D As always, thanks for the information. If that schedule holds true, it means a slightly abbreviated production run/model year for the greatly improved 2011 Edge model and an early introduction for the 2012 model.

Might lead one to believe that there also big improvements in store for the 2012 model. While I realize you may not wish to speculate, what do you think?

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi ice-capades. :D As always, thanks for the information. If that schedule holds true, it means a slightly abbreviated production run/model year for the greatly improved 2011 Edge model and an early introduction for the 2012 model.

Might lead one to believe that there also big improvements in store for the 2012 model. While I realize you may not wish to speculate, what do you think?

Good luck. :beerchug:

Ford is keeping a lot of information on vehicle development, changes, etc very, very quiet these days so it's really anyone's guess and speculation as to what will change on the 2012 MY Edge. I'd expect that there's something important that Ford wants to introduce in the 2012 MY rather than including something new on a 2011 MY Job #2 basis. Or it could be a matter of Ford simply wanting to pull forward the 2012 Edge so that they're in production and available as early as possible to stay ahead on the competition.

Ford is keeping a lot of information on vehicle development, changes, etc very, very quiet these days so it's really anyone's guess and speculation as to what will change on the 2012 MY Edge. I'd expect that there's something important that Ford wants to introduce in the 2012 MY rather than including something new on a 2011 MY Job #2 basis. Or it could be a matter of Ford simply wanting to pull forward the 2012 Edge so that they're in production and available as early as possible to stay ahead on the competition.

Possibly the4cyl EB?

Possibly the4cyl EB?

That was my guess.

They've been unable to get job1 going so far for the CD3 CUVs. Shouldn't we be getting the 2011s out there first?

Do the dates look a little suspicious? Only a weekend between MYs. I know they don't have to do much retooling, but really? Probably just relative place-holders.

It looks like Ford is going to have an early 2012MY across the board (Focus, Explorer, now Edge, and I'm betting MKS/MKT as well).

Edited by focus05

That was my guess.

They've been unable to get job1 going so far for the CD3 CUVs. Shouldn't we be getting the 2011s out there first?

Do the dates look a little suspicious? Only a weekend between MYs. I know they don't have to do much retooling, but really? Probably just relative place-holders.

It looks like Ford is going to have an early 2012MY across the board (Focus, Explorer, now Edge, and I'm betting MKS/MKT as well).

Unless there's major retooling involved, weekend changeovers are pretty common these days.