Vin Number for my 2011 F250

rfarr

I am trying to get the vin number for my 2011 F250 XLT Crew Cab 4x4.

It's is go on six weeks and I do not have a Vin or estimate on build date.

Dealer #F48022 Order #1019

I have talked to my salesman and with out a vin number he can not get the build date.

So if someone can get my vin number with my order number that would a big help.

Thanks

Not sure what to think but it has been six weeks sine I ordered the truck and I have not received any information and I call my sales man one to two time a week. When I ordered the truck I was told it should be in about six weeks. The end of next month I am going to be doing a lot of towing and was looking forward to the new truck. Sine I am not received the vin or build date I don't think I will be using the new truck. I am thinking there must be something going on at the plant if they have been shipping trucks for a few week now and they have not processed a order that is six weeks old.

I just met with my guy, and he said he had a truck that was ordered a few days before mine that hasn't even been scheduled yet (mine was built yesterday). Current news says that the other guys truck is on hold because they are all of out hitches for the single rear wheel trucks. Who knows for sure though???

He said the rear receiver. He found it hard to believe too, but he was reading off of Fords site where it gives them that info. Mine has the 5th wheel prep, but I've been surprised at how many duallies I've seen advertised on ebay at dealers that don't have it.

Would you fellas care to comment on the rumor that there is another problem on the line...?

Rumor is that the stamping area burned up the press that makes the hoods because somebody jumped out an alarm. Some opinions indicate it will be between 2 days and two weeks to fix it.

Edited by Jimmi

My Ford Dealer is saling just about 1 2011 f250/350 per day mostly the new Diesels. Even with a $7500 cash bonus on the 8 remaining 2010 ther are not takers this weekend. My F350 King Ranch has been delivered by rail to Banica and is being taged tommorow (TUE) for dealer delivery should see it by friday.

I ordered it in late april recived the vin in mid May and should take delivery this week.

One of the presses did go down on Wed or Thurs. The latest I heard was that they were able to fix it with parts from another press until the new one came in.

Thanks for getting back - and I appreciate the update. I couldnt help myself and reordered awhile back (late April) another truck - this one with the 6.7. I really dont want to own anything else. In keeping up with the blogs, there has been some pretty good feedback overall from some mighty demanding customers. WTG Ford!

Need info from someone at Ford.

Does any one know how long it is taking to get a 2011 F250?

I order the truck 7 weeks ago and do not have a build date or vin number.

Can any one get any info on a customer oder?

All they can tell me is my order is being processed.

Thanks

Edited by rfarr

I'm not sure if this is still true, but I believe part of what determined how long it took to get a truck was based on how big your dealer was and how many trucks they sell (in other words, sell more, and your customers become the priority) . Basically there only allotted so many trucks each week to build/purchase, and that's based on how many they sell. And then sometimes a dealer will choose to have trucks built for their inventory seeming how yours is already a sold unit. Again, I don't want to accuse dealers or Ford, but this is what I used to always hear out there.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but I believe part of what determined how long it took to get a truck was based on how big your dealer was and how many trucks they sell (in other words, sell more, and your customers become the priority) . Basically there only allotted so many trucks each week to build/purchase, and that's based on how many they sell. And then sometimes a dealer will choose to have trucks built for their inventory seeming how yours is already a sold unit. Again, I don't want to accuse dealers or Ford, but this is what I used to always hear out there.

Hi Guys,

I ordered my truck on Friday, 30 April. Yesterday the dealer called me with an update that my truck was to ship on 7 June, he gave me the VIN number and told me to expect to pickup the truck in about 2 weeks. This dealer sells alot of Ford trucks, they currently have 18 F-250/F-350's on their lot and the invintory has been moving.

What I ordered was a F-250 Lariat 6.2 gasser in Ingot Silver (no two tone), chrome package, FX4 package, Lariat Interior package, Tough Bed Spry-In bedliner, Tailgate step, Roof Clearance Lights, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, All Weather Mats, Body Side Molding and the NAV package.

I have ordered trucks form this dealer in the past and it has never been a problem. The reason I went that route was all the Lariats the dealer had on the lot all had the two tone paint option, that I really don't care for. Also, I wasn't in a big hurry so I ordered it exactly the way I wanted it. This thruck can be had so many different ways that if you buy off the lot there is always something you would have liked or you reallly don't want.

Looking forward to picking it up.

Ken.