Toyota and Tesla to partner up

Sixt9coug

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/20/breaking-toyota-and-tesla-to-partner-on-ev-production-in-califo/

Ok, I am a little divided on this issue. For one, I am glad that NUMMI employees will probably be put to good use here.

However, I am disappointed in Tesla. I live in Norwalk, CA. Downey CA borders us on the north and I was waiting with some excitement for Telsa to open up their Model S factory there. Now, they pulled out and left so we wont get the jobs in the area anymore. It would have been a nice boost to Downey and the neighboring communities.

Edited by Sixt9coug

Like Toyota or not- this is absolutely brilliant. Tesla, as best as I can gather, has their shit together to make a decent car but was lacking the means to do so on a large scale. So big brother Toyota says we will help if you give us a little sumthin.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Tesla Roadster on the I-90 commute this morning, doing 65 or 70. The 2nd time I've seen one on I-90 - different cars too. Probably a Microsoft millionaire. This one was silver blue. Very beautiful in person. Had wipers and lights going too, probably cuts down on the range a bit, but it seems to be more than adequate. Wishing them luck with the upcoming sedan.

• Like 1

I saw a Tesla Roadster on the I-90 commute this morning, doing 65 or 70. The 2nd time I've seen one on I-90 - different cars too. Probably a Microsoft millionaire. This one was silver blue. Very beautiful in person. Had wipers and lights going too, probably cuts down on the range a bit, but it seems to be more than adequate. Wishing them luck with the upcoming sedan.

Last September, I took holidays in USA and when driving up to San Francisco,

I saw a little black roadster with Tesla number plates darting in and out of traffic...

I think it was up near San Jose or a bit further North.....

Edited by jpd80

Last September, I took holidays in USA and when driving up to San Francisco,

I saw a little black roadster with Tesla number plates darting in and out of traffic...

I think it was up near San Jose or a bit further North.....

I saw a Tesla Roadster here in Houston. Next to the huge pickups, it’s a deathtrap. Aside from that, it didn’t look that marvelous either. Still, I wish the company the best of luck and the sedan looks very promising…

I saw a Tesla Roadster here in Houston. Next to the huge pickups, it’s a deathtrap. Aside from that, it didn’t look that marvelous either. Still, I wish the company the best of luck and the sedan looks very promising…

Lotta nice things are deathtraps next to the huge pickups. That is so far down on my list of criteria for choosing a vehicle. Remember, even huge pickups have their limitations.

r267856_1122280.jpg

Yeah, 'cause nothing bad can ever happen when you drive around with a tank of flammable liquid strapped to your underside........

-db8dfdd23ff7eb31_large.jpg

The comment (which is a joke) was in reference to the large amount of Toyota recalls as of late. I'm sure you noticed them. I'm not saying an electric care is more or less unsafe than a gasoline engine car. I'm sure electric cars are very safe as I have not seen many golfers getting killed on the golf course by them.

The comment (which is a joke) was in reference to the large amount of Toyota recalls as of late. I'm sure you noticed them. I'm not saying an electric care is more or less unsafe than a gasoline engine car. I'm sure electric cars are very safe as I have not seen many golfers getting killed on the golf course by them.

I must brush up on my sense of irony. A golf course is a good place to get electrocuted though.

AFG-091008-005.jpg