Expy Trims (Limited vs. King Ranch)

newford

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the Expy in the Limited trim package vs. the King Ranch? It's my understanding that, aside from the special leather and a few King Ranch emblems on seats and rims, every other option is available in both trims.

Is the King Ranch leather that much nicer for the extra money? A local dealer stated that the King Ranch leather was very high maintenance and not really more durable than the regular Limited leather, but I was wondering what everyone here thought of it.

Thanks!

I like the looks and the feel of the KR leather. I'm not for sure what the maint. is for these seats. I would look around and find one in person and see what you think.

Here is a thread where Ice-capades put out the Rapid Specs on the Expedition. You can look at that and see what additions are added to the King Ranch, compared to the Limited.

So here is the link

Here is a thread where Ice-capades put out the Rapid Specs on the Expedition. You can look at that and see what additions are added to the King Ranch, compared to the Limited.

So here is the link

The King Ranch leather is high maintenance. For it too look good it takes a wiping down and conditioning once a month or so. It is unfinished thick leather. It would be near impossible to wear through this leather, although if not conditioned, it can dry out as any uncoated leather would. The leather in the EB and Limited is a thin vinyl coated leather. It doesn't wear well as the coating is not strong and will start to show signs of wear in a year or so. Also, on the driver and passernger seat, only the seat bottom and back are leather, on the second row, only the inner squares of the seat and back are leather, and none of the third row is leather. On the KR, the entire first and second row are all leather. I think the third row might be as well. I would go for the King Ranch.

Thanks for all of the replies. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll keep checking, but there have been zero KR Expys at any of the nearby dealers for a while now. I still want to see it in person, but it's good to have other opionions since the one dealership I talked to did everything they could to push me away from the KR. They probably just wanted me to get one of the limited Expys on the lot.

Edited by newford

Thanks for all of the replies. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll keep checking, but there have been zero KR Expys at any of the nearby dealers for a while now. I still want to see it in person, but it's good to have other opionions since the one dealership I talked to did everything they could to push me away from the KR. They probably just wanted me to get one of the limited Expys on the lot.

Of course, they want a quick sell.

If you like the color of the King Ranch leather, get it. It's very nice and such a high quality leather, it can't really be compared to the other leather in the Ford line. I keep my car clean, so when I had mine, while cleaning the inside, a warm damp rag wipe down and conditioning only took 10 minutes tops.