constitutional convention

pick6

its that time again,,the powers that be ,want us to stroke their backs and tell them how important they are

[by voting them to the concon,,,i just got one thing to say ,,im not happy with alans millions ,,,fields,, pretty boy im better than you attitude,, i just want my fair share for doing my part!!!!,we have had no raise since 2004,,,we have all gone to work every day ,,done our part!!!! but we seem to be the last to share in FORDS turn around,,,MULALLY talks,,ONE FORD,,when do we get to see the fruits of our labor for being part of ONE FORD??????????????

Edited by pick6
  • Like 3

its that time again,,the powers that be ,want us to stroke their backs and tell them how important they are

[by voting them to the concon,,,i just got one thing to say ,,im not happy with alans millions ,,,fields,, pretty boy im better than you attitude,, i just want my fair share for doing my part!!!!,we have had no raise since 2004,,,we have all gone to work every day ,,done our part!!!! but we seem to be the last to share in FORDS turn around,,,MULALLY talks,,ONE FORD,,when do we get to see the fruits of our labor for being part of ONE FORD??????????????

You already get your gratitude every Friday. However I would say you are due for a raise in light of the companies progress! I doubt it will happen though, GM and Chrysler have foregone their rite to strike, and the I-UAW will not do anything to disadvantage the other two, even though they are not in the same financial position. It is BS, but they are the ones negotiating, and that is their position.

NEED A LITTLE HELP TO AT LEAST HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION SUGGESTION PRESENTED AT THE 2010 CONVENTION . [/b

2010 CONVENTION RESOLUTION

WHEREAS: There is a Transfer Leveling Seniority Date of 10/29/1984 imposed

on employees with seniority greater than that when transferring

to a New Facility.

WHEREAS: There has never been another Transfer Leveling Seniority Date

imposed on any other age group or seniority group of employees

in any future Contract Negotiations.

WHEREAS: The 10/29/1984 Transfer Leveling Seniority Date targets a specific

age and seniority group of employees.

WHEREAS: The Transfer Leveling Seniority Date affects the Terms and

Conditions of Employment.

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED: The elimination of the Transfer Leveling Seniority Date of 10/29/1984 thus allowing employees to use their Company Seniority for Shift Preference and any Future Bidding for jobs.

• Like 2

NEED A LITTLE HELP TO AT LEAST HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION SUGGESTION PRESENTED AT THE 2010 CONVENTION . [/b

2010 CONVENTION RESOLUTION

WHEREAS: There is a Transfer Leveling Seniority Date of 10/29/1984 imposed

on employees with seniority greater than that when transferring

to a New Facility.

WHEREAS: There has never been another Transfer Leveling Seniority Date

imposed on any other age group or seniority group of employees

in any future Contract Negotiations.

WHEREAS: The 10/29/1984 Transfer Leveling Seniority Date targets a specific

age and seniority group of employees.

WHEREAS: The Transfer Leveling Seniority Date affects the Terms and

Conditions of Employment.

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED: The elimination of the Transfer Leveling Seniority Date of 10/29/1984 thus allowing employees to use their Company Seniority for Shift Preference and any Future Bidding for jobs.

This is a well structured resolution but you are confused in the proper forum to submit the resolution.

The convention is for specific changes and policies to the UAW constitution.

Your resolution is UAW-Ford specific and should be submitted during open resolution period defined by your local. This time period would be in the fall before negotiations which would be this year. Contact your local and find out when resolutions to the UAW ford contract will be accepted.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

This is a well structured resolution but you are confused in the proper forum to submit the resolution.

Your resolution is UAW-Ford specific and should be submitted during open resolution period defined by your local. This time period would be in the fall before negotiations which would be this year. Contact your local and find out when resolutions to the UAW ford contract will be accepted.

Hope this helps.

I totally agree, but there must be more behind his concern....the reason I say this is because I don't care what plant you are at 1984 seniority will get you any shift and almost any job. So there must be some other madness to his request!!

• Like 1

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the clarification regarding the correct forum to present this Issue. Noticing another comment on this Issue, " why must someone read more into this, than what the Resolution Language states". It is only the Right and Ethical thing to do.

• Like 2

we are gonna get back most of the concessions we gave back in the next contract...i would be surprised if we received any substantial raise(signing bonusmaybe) seeing that our hourly wage with benefits still exceed that of the foereign automakers...please lets not start whining like a bunch of school children just because salaried is getting things back that were taken from them...we still have MANY advantages over them as far as job security..retirement pensions..etc

• Like 2

we are gonna get back most of the concessions we gave back in the next contract...i would be surprised if we received any substantial raise(signing bonusmaybe) seeing that our hourly wage with benefits still exceed that of the foereign automakers...please lets not start whining like a bunch of school children just because salaried is getting things back that were taken from them...we still have MANY advantages over them as far as job security..retirement pensions..etc

Those issues would be contractual, not Constitutional.

• Like 1

Oh Really?

Would that be in exchange for the right to strike and the abolishment of the the 20% cap on second tier wage hires??????

(Short term thinkers are short on brains and the only ones who don't know it.)

Oh Really?

Would that be in exchange for the right to strike and the abolishment of the the 20% cap on second tier wage hires??????

(Short term thinkers are short on brains and the only ones who don't know it.)

Truffle we DIDNT give up the right to strike..im talking about the here and now if you read all of thread you will understand that...I am a long term thinker..but i can be an OBJECTIVE thinker at the same time..you have to know your opponent to understand them..walk a mile in their shoes..or be like some people and put their head in a hole and look at things only from their own perspective of their wants and wishes

Truffle we DIDNT give up the right to strike..im talking about the here and now if you read all of thread you will understand that...I am a long term thinker..but i can be an OBJECTIVE thinker at the same time..you have to know your opponent to understand them..walk a mile in their shoes..or be like some people and put their head in a hole and look at things only from their own perspective of their wants and wishes

It isn't MY reading comprehension that is lacking here.

I always hear about "why aren't the full time appointed at the meetings?" The language in the Constitution is toothless. No Membership meetings...no expense check is my opinion. The Constitution disallows that action. What do you folks think? If a full time Internationally appointed rep doesn't feel like they need to come to the Membership meetings to report out...should they get their expense money?

you sir have no idea what you are speaking about, I know for a fact that toyota production make aroud 29 an hour and their trades make more than we do. I know this because my brother is head of powertrain maintainence in Georgetown. our pay is close to theirs (but less) but our benefits are better than theirs. they pay their temps about 18 an hour, maybe that what the press talks about and where you get your information.

• Like 1

I always hear about "why aren't the full time appointed at the meetings?" The language in the Constitution is toothless. No Membership meetings...no expense check is my opinion. The Constitution disallows that action. What do you folks think? If a full time Internationally appointed rep doesn't feel like they need to come to the Membership meetings to report out...should they get their expense money?

They should be attending the meetings, otherwise they should be removed! As far as any expense money, they don't get that for attending the meetings, they get it for the travel to/from Regional meetings and other things that they do on their own time/dime! Has nothing to do with attendance at a meeting. If there is some who do not want to attend, put in a bi-law that will require them to attend or bring it up with the Chairman and President!!

• Like 3

you sir have no idea what you are speaking about, I know for a fact that toyota production make aroud 29 an hour and their trades make more than we do. I know this because my brother is head of powertrain maintainence in Georgetown. our pay is close to theirs (but less) but our benefits are better than theirs. they pay their temps about 18 an hour, maybe that what the press talks about and where you get your information.

you maam are wrong...i was speaking with pay and benefits together we make more...thats how the company figures...i saw article that said we are 4 dollars an hour more...do a google search pal(ps i am at dtp on ccrew and we make 32 an hour w shift premium...if we make more then why did the government tell the big three that they would have to get their labor costs in line with the foereign companies???maybe they meant give us a raise?? and i am speaking of production not trades maam

We think you should STFU IDIOT

• Like 1

you maam are wrong...i was speaking with pay and benefits together we make more...thats how the company figures...i saw article that said we are 4 dollars an hour more...do a google search pal(ps i am at dtp on ccrew and we make 32 an hour w shift premium...if we make more then why did the government tell the big three that they would have to get their labor costs in line with the foereign companies???maybe they meant give us a raise?? and i am speaking of production not trades maam

i dont really care where you work PAL, who knows best how much toyota people make, Ford, the press? NO! toyota people do PAL. so step down and understand. They make as much if not more than we do! you dont have to like it but they do PAL.

• Like 1

They should be attending the meetings, otherwise they should be removed! As far as any expense money, they don't get that for attending the meetings, they get it for the travel to/from Regional meetings and other things that they do on their own time/dime! Has nothing to do with attendance at a meeting. If there is some who do not want to attend, put in a bi-law that will require them to attend or bring it up with the Chairman and President!!

Good advice..not that simple...but definately good advice. The most powerful statement is "They should be attending the meetings, otherwise they should be removed!" Thanks Buster.

• Like 1

they do NOT make as much...your buddy is feeding you a line of shit...

your right Marvin! my brother is a liar, what was I thinking ?i should be listening to the press and people like you that know what they make. sorry, glad you got me corrected. idiot!

• Like 2