Last date to order 2010?

greg762

FWIW, We are ordering/signing 2010 Edge AWD Limited later this week (March 26th) and the dealer hasn't indicated there will be an issue. Dealer had no idea when 2011 ordering would begin but did speculate it would be $700 more on the sticker price but did not know what incentives would be available.

Current incentives total $7K here in Ontario for 2010 Edge.

Anyone with a crystal ball care to tell me if same incentives will be available on 2011's in April?

Van G

We're putting order through on Saturday for 2010 Edge Limited AWD.

According to another dealer, they are able to order 2011's as of March 15 but those orders will sit idle until the line switches over in June. First vehicles should hit the lot's in late August or September.

Couldn't wait that long and couldn't pass up the deal on the 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I was told by my sales rep that I could still order an MKX for the next three weeks. Does that make sense? I thought they would be switching over to making 2011's.

Factory ordering is attractive to me since I am in a lease until July so that would buy me the necessary time. Something doesn't sound right though...

Yesterday, I was told by my sales rep that I could still order an MKX for the next three weeks. Does that make sense? I thought they would be switching over to making 2011's.

Factory ordering is attractive to me since I am in a lease until July so that would buy me the necessary time. Something doesn't sound right though...

One of the fleet sale websites shows that Job 1 for the 2011 Edge/MKX has been pushed back to July 1.

Better to push back the start date and get it right the first time.

Edited by Reality Check

• 1 month later...

I placed my order for a 2010 Edge Limted AWD (cargo pkg, towing pkg, NAV, all weather mats, roof rails) on March 24 and it arrived in Portland, Oregon on May 17. I picked it up yesterday (Friday, May 28) and the incentives increased from $3500 to $4000 for the Memorial Day weekend so that was a nice surprise.

Total price paid was $32638.33 including the $4000 incentive. I ordered the car from the fleet department at a local dealership and the price they quoted was less than the X-Plan price I was prepared to play. I buy all my Fords through the fleet department so I don't have to deal with salesmen or F&I guys.

Great car and my wife is very happy.