monochromatic package

SVTDarkCobra

Hey guys

I was thinking about getting a new Fusion with the monochromatic package. I was just wondering what everyone thought of this package and what color you all prefer it in? I'm liking either black or the sterling grey color. oh one more thing, what really bothers me is that the monochromatic package is not an option on the sport model. Does any body know why or have a clue to why it isn't at least an option?

Hey guys

I was thinking about getting a new Fusion with the monochromatic package. I was just wondering what everyone thought of this package and what color you all prefer it in? I'm liking either black or the sterling grey color. oh one more thing, what really bothers me is that the monochromatic package is not an option on the sport model. Does any body know why or have a clue to why it isn't at least an option?

This is personal preference, so you have to see what you like, but I don't like the monochromatic package at all. I think, as much as people have criticized the three-bar grille using too much chrome, having the hood and the grille be of the same color looks boring.

Hey guys

Here's mine in Sangria Red (obviously I like it ;)):

fusion_se_map2.jpg

I have pics of black and gray Fusions with this package; let me know if you'd like me to post them.

fusion_se_map2.jpg

I have pics of black and gray Fusions with this package; let me know if you'd like me to post them.

NO WAY ^THAT^ is 'boring' :) hot car, aneekr!!!

thanks for the pic & please post the others!

Wow that red looks a lot better then I though. Would you mind posting the grey fusion for me please? If you don't mind telling me what you paid for that one and what options are in it?

SVTDarkCobra, mine is a SE 2.5L 6-speed manual with Rapid Spec 202A (moonroof & SYNC) and all-weather floor mats (55M). MSRP was $23,815; with X-Plan, a dealership incentive, and $2,000 cash back when I purchased it in January, I paid just under $20k for the Fusion plus sales tax, registration, etc.

The cash back offer on non-hybrid 2010 Fusions is up to $2,500 until April 5 in the Twin Cities, Chicagoland, and Indianapolis, so you'll probably do even better than me on pricing. :)

That Sterling grey is more stunning then that Tuxedo black. But then again the Sangria red is now making me think. Now thinking about it that Sangria red with a flat black grille would look sinister. Damn this is the hardest part of buying a car in my option.

SVTDarkCobra, just a FYI: For Job 3 2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ, Sangria Red Metallic was replaced by Red Candy Tinted Metallic (which is available with the Monochrome Appearance Package 14X). Compared to Sangria Red, Red Candy is a little bit brighter, and has more "depth" due to the tinted clearcoat. Here's a picture of a Candy Red Fusion (not equipped with package 14X)

fusion_redcandy2.jpg

If you really want a Sangria Red Fusion like mine, you'll have to look for a remaining Job 2 unit in dealer inventory, as Job 3 production commenced in December '09.

Hope I didn't make your car buying decision any more difficult. ;)

SVTDarkCobra, just a FYI: For Job 3 2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ, Sangria Red Metallic was replaced by Red Candy Tinted Metallic (which is available with the Monochrome Appearance Package 14X). Compared to Sangria Red, Red Candy is a little bit brighter, and has more "depth" due to the tinted clearcoat. Here's a picture of a Candy Red Fusion (not equipped with package 14X)fusion_redcandy2.jpgIf you really want a Sangria Red Fusion like mine, you'll have to look for a remaining Job 2 unit in dealer inventory, as Job 3 production commenced in December '09.Hope I didn't make your car buying decision any more difficult. ;)

Yeah my mustang is (JV) Dark Candy Apple Red. It only looks good when freshly waxed though, like I just did today on this beautiful day. But would that be weird having two shiny waxed red cars in the drive way? Thanks for all the help aneekr now it is time to go looking for my baby. I'll tell you guys what I get, fusion or some other Ford.

Kyle

One more thing, when I go to the dealer is there a way to determine if it is a job 2 or job 3 by looking at the vehicle sticker, or do I need to ask the sales person?

11/28/09 was the last build day for the Job 2 Fusions. I don't know if the date under the bar code on the sticker correlates exactly to the build date, but I bet it is very close.

There are two physical differences. If it is has Red Candy paint, it is a Job 3. If the Sync microphone is in the headliner, it is a Job 1 or 2, but if it is in the rear view mirror, it is a Job 3. Also, if the three trip computer buttons are under the headlight switch instead of on the steering wheel, then you know it is a Job 1.

If the Sync microphone is in the headliner, it is a Job 1 or 2, but if it is in the rear view mirror, it is a Job 3. Also, if the three trip computer buttons are under the headlight switch instead of on the steering wheel, then you know it is a Job 1.

As to the Sync microphone, I think you had it reversed. Job 3 moved the microphone to the headliner. As for the buttons, well, I have a Job 1 hybrid, and the buttons were already on the steering wheel, but that might be a hybrid thing.

As to the Sync microphone, I think you had it reversed. Job 3 moved the microphone to the headliner. As for the buttons, well, I have a Job 1 hybrid, and the buttons were already on the steering wheel, but that might be a hybrid thing.

Thanks for the correction. The microphone did go from the mirror to headliner. I thought I had read somewhere that the button change was for Job #2, but maybe what a read was incorrect. If some Job #1 models did have it in the steering wheel, then the ones with the buttons below the headlight switch were not made very long at all. The second printing of the owner's manual has the buttons in the steering wheel, but I could not find an exact copyright date other than 2009.

Yes, that was just on the hybrid. All Job 1 non-hybrid fusions have the message center buttons under the headlight switch. Job 2 moved them to the steering wheel and they added a "cancel" to the cruise control.

I am in the process of ordering my new Fusion and am getting no help with the paint selections with the sport appearance pkg. In the online Ford build and price website if I select the sport appearance pkg it automatically selects 'paint table: secondary w/ 14x' and unselects 'paint table: primary w/ SEL. Does anyone know what these choices refer to?

I am in the process of ordering my new Fusion and am getting no help with the paint selections with the sport appearance pkg. In the online Ford build and price website if I select the sport appearance pkg it automatically selects 'paint table: secondary w/ 14x' and unselects 'paint table: primary w/ SEL. Does anyone know what these choices refer to?

Package 14X is only available with exterior colors Red Candy, Sterling Grey, Sport Blue, and Tuxedo Black. You're probably seeing the configurator de-select the other colors.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fusion_se_map2.jpg

I am seriously looking at a 2011 Fusion SEL with the 2.5 and sangria red. WOW that looks GREAT!!! The only problem I have with the monochromatic option is that you have to get the "sport-tuned" suspension and I want the smoothest ride possible.

Once again, what a BEAUTY!!!

I am seriously looking at a 2011 Fusion SEL with the 2.5 and sangria red. WOW that looks GREAT!!! The only problem I have with the monochromatic option is that you have to get the "sport-tuned" suspension and I want the smoothest ride possible.

Once again, what a BEAUTY!!!

Thanks DUCKRACER! The suspension tuning that comes with this package is what impresses me the most about the car. The handling is sharper and it completely does away with the very slight "floatiness" I noticed with the Fusion/Milan's base suspension. But ride quality hardly suffers at all, even on the sometimes less than exemplary roads found in the Midwestern U.S.

Ford's chassis engineers responsible for this particular tuning should be sainted- it's that good. :) Even my friend who drives a BMW 3-series was impressed with the combination of responsive handling and harsh-free ride in my Fusion.