equality? rights of self serving selfishness

The epitome of "tolerance" as defined by the political left; a better example could not be found.

How does that go against tolerance in any way? You can think and say things that are as closed minded as you want. No one has to or should listen.

Edited by suv_guy_19

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that go against tolerance in any way? You can think and say things that are as closed minded as you want. No one has to or should listen.

exactly...but obviously the school is held to a different set of rules.....

please SUV, read my posts, not once have i said anything even REMOTELY saying ANYTHING untoward towards gay people....my point is AGENDAS for those that seem to deem themselves worthy because of differences from societies norm....

And why aren't they worthy? They haven't done anything wrong. They wanted to go to the prom, and one of them wanted to wear a tux. If they aren't worthy of that, then we still have a long way to go.

I really dont give a rats, I have worked besides and for gay people, I NEVER judged my workmates, ( however if their agenda and beleifs were forced upon me, I would have stood my ground ) but I also do not beleive that for a SECOND their differences should come with privilidges...

How is equality a privilege? How is someone forcing something upon you by demanding equality?...or have we forgotten, one of the most wonderful things ever written:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It seems that we're all equal...and that we all have a right to pursue happiness.

So whats next SUV?....do we open special schools with idivisulastic rulebooks, we could have gay schools, designated religious schools, Black schools ( oh wait ), White schools ( oh shit thats racist ..ARRRRG ) pink schools...seriously WHERE IS THE LINE DRAWN before this type of crap snowballs uncontrolably and there is a NASTY reaction?...

I don't see the parallel. I don't see what this is that is snowballing. If anything is snowballing it's a recognition of equality that is ever expanding. That's not really a bad thing.

When you desire to impose your sense of right and wrong on people or person who does not share your values, your solution is to being rebuffed is to banish them to "the corner" until they get their mind right.

That's how it goes against tolerance.

Edited by RangerM

No, the school is expected to not discriminate based on sexual orientation...or at least I would hope that's the case. The school can think what it wants.

it did, and it took the high road.....THEY went and stood in the corner...whats good for the goose isnt good for the Gander SUV? Are they as the overseeing entity not allowed a choice as well??? :redcard:

Edited by Deanh

When you desire to impose your sense of right and wrong on people or person who does not share your values,

And so what would you call what was done to the lesbians? I'm saying people should shut up about things that don't concern them, that's what I'm talking about when I say that they should go to the corner.

When you desire to impose your sense of right and wrong on people or person who does not share your values, your solution is to being rebuffed is to banish them to "the corner" until they get their mind right.

different obviously if you are gay......then one just crys foul, creates a spectacle and lawyers up....I'm just stoked someone didn't roll over per the norm just to avoid confrontation, and this isnt just the Gay agenda, it pertains to a lot of subjects I have mentioned...and they are ALL volitile...case in point is ( and ironically it is also along a similar strain of subject ) the Gay Marriage debaucle, my opinions aside, it was voted on, but THAT wasnt good enough, here come the attourneys again, and as i called it, its just a matter of time before its overthrown...NO has been tossed from Websters obviously...hey, i'm as open minded as anyone but this really IS getting out of control....one could possibly point the finger at a relentlessly litigation prone society......

.hey, i'm as open minded as anyone but this really IS getting out of control....

Obviously you aren't as open minded as anyone. America's blacks were told no for a long time too, as were Canada's aboriginals. There comes a time when no simply can't be accepted anymore, because it's wrong. Gays and lesbians are living breathing people, and deserve to have the same rights and enjoy the same opportunities as anyone else.

And so what would you call what was done to the lesbians? I'm saying people should shut up about things that don't concern them, that's what I'm talking about when I say that they should go to the corner.

lot of corners in your world SUV.....and little groups of disagreeing people in each.....

I'm not sure where you get that impression at all. That individual simply wants to be able to live their life.

fine...then abide by the same rules as everyone else....dont like it or disagree, go stand in a corner.....oh wait thats back to square one....discrimination.....

lot of corners in your world SUV.....and little groups of disagreeing people in each.....

There are already a lot of corners in the world. It seems that you would rather gay people be forced to stand in them. I simply wish closed minded people would choose to stand there, and leave everyone else alone.

Obviously you aren't as open minded as anyone. America's blacks were told no for a long time too, as were Canada's aboriginals. There comes a time when no simply can't be accepted anymore, because it's wrong. Gays and lesbians are living breathing people, and deserve to have the same rights and enjoy the same opportunities as anyone else.

oh good lord....gay, black, white, green, yellow, mauve......No one, NO ONE should be deemed special, as for history.....its exactly THAT....right or WRONG it is HISTORY, get the hell over it I say and stop riding on damn coat-tails.....tell me, do you welcome Jehovah Witness's into the house every time they come a knockin?.....ANYONE forces their agendas on others should NOT be tolerated, politely turned away yes, and thats exactly what the school did.....

There are already a lot of corners in the world. It seems that you would rather gay people be forced to stand in them. I simply wish closed minded people would choose to stand there, and leave everyone else alone.

absolutely not, but respect others veiws opinions and decisions as well....obviously the young lady does NOT respect the schools decision

crap...Gays and Lesbians breathe??????? :drop: lol

I don't believe you're being intentionally divisive, but I DO think you believe the ends justify the (any?) means. You would rather disregard (or banish) the dissenter than respect his opinion.

Not that it matters, but I'm mostly in agreement with akirby on this one. I would not have wanted to cancel the entire prom, however I would have imposed a strict dress code (appropriate to the occasion for males and females, and no "crossing over") and behavioral code (ie. NO PDA). Proms are supposed to be celebrations, not venues for being intentionally provocative or to make political statements.

BUT, I am no more prepared to reject the judgement of the school board for its actions than I am those officials who issue the permits for the Folsom Street Fair (see my post on Page 1).

different obviously if you are gay......then one just crys foul, creates a spectacle and lawyers up....I'm just stoked someone didn't roll over per the norm just to avoid confrontation, and this isnt just the Gay agenda, it pertains to a lot of subjects I have mentioned...and they are ALL volitile...case in point is ( and ironically it is also along a similar strain of subject ) the Gay Marriage debaucle, my opinions aside, it was voted on, but THAT wasnt good enough, here come the attourneys again, and as i called it, its just a matter of time before its overthrown...NO has been tossed from Websters obviously...hey, i'm as open minded as anyone but this really IS getting out of control....one could possibly point the finger at a relentlessly litigation prone society......

I share much of your feelings on the litigiousness that our society seems to have adopted. That's why I'm for "loser pays" in cases like this, as well as others.

I don't believe you're being intentionally divisive, but I DO think you believe the ends justify the (any?) means. You would rather disregard (or banish) the dissenter than respect his opinion.

I respect their right to have an opinion. I have a right to disregard it. Society arguably has a duty to.

Not that it matters, but I'm mostly in agreement with akirby on this one. I would not have wanted to cancel the entire prom, however I would have imposed a strict dress code (appropriate to the occasion for males and females, and no "crossing over") and behavioral code (ie. NO PDA).

That's still very closed minded. What is appropriate for males and females to wear? Women can't wear pants?

Proms are supposed to be celebrations, not venues for being intentionally provocative or to make political statements.

I'm really starting to think that you don't get this. People wanting to go to their celebration with their partner in formal wear that you may not approve of isn't being provocative.

BUT, I am no more prepared to reject the judgement of the school board for its actions than I am those officials who issue the permits for the Folsom Street Fair (see my post on Page 1).

I think that fair is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed. I don't recall speaking out in support of it. A girl coming to her prom in pants isn't the same as public nudity and sex.

And they shouldn't because it is discriminatory.

Bingo...WE DEMAND A DIFFERENT SET OF RULES.....would the situation be any different if a bunch of guys wanted to show up in Hells Angel gear?......if you ARE different in any way, and you wish to attend an organized event, then abide, DONT rock the boat and expect no reaction...that would be/ is pure ignorance.

And they shouldn't because it is discriminatory.

I understand all the Yankees that were made to shave their gravy strainers are all lawyering up as well.....dammit, I'm going to wear a tank top tommorow instead of a dress shirt and tie....lets see what happens there because i;m a rebel dammit...