Who to get a rental car with if I want a Ford

Hey there . . . it's been a long time since I rented a car, but will be going to California wine country in late April for a wedding. I want to rent a car, and would like to have a Ford of some type. Which rental company gives you the best chance of this? I know back in the day it used to be Hertz. They don't really let you actually specify a make either, do they?

Thanks for whatever input anyone has.

None of the car rental companies will guarantee which brand you will end up getting, but you can make the request for a Ford vehicle.

I'd say the rental companies that will give higher odds of getting a Ford vehicle would be through Budget or Hertz

Try your local Ford dealer. Our rental fleet is about 50 vehicles strong. We have Tauruses, Focuses, F-series, Flexes, you name it. I'm sure they'd let you pick what you wanted too. Its just a matter of $$$.

When I went on a trip to the Lake Erie region last year, the rental department of the dealership that is closest to DTW never called me back even though I left two messages.

Enterprise usually will have a Ford or two in stock when it comes to pick-up trucks. Also will have a Mercury Grand Marquis or a Lincoln Town Car available as well. I rented an '05 Town Car and an '06 Mercury once and speaking of not just because I'm a fan of the cars but their great road/highway cars and still can get 27-28 mpg's if you play your cards right and you're not a leadfoot!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Hertz is advertising that they have 2010 Fusions available.

Hertz' "Fun Collection" and "Green Collection" allows renters to reserve a specific model; for Ford fans, Mustangs in the former and Fusions in the latter.

Hertz Fun Collection

Hertz Green Collection

Also, DTG (Dollar/Thrifty) in the past year has dramatically increased the number of Ford vehicles in its fleet, so you may have good luck there as well.

btw, if your preferred car rental agency doesn't stock Ford products, please speak to the manager on duty and politely encourage him/her to either stock more Fords if they're already in the fleet, or to recommend Fords to the agency's purchasing/fleet management departments if not. It's worked for me!

When I went on a trip to the Lake Erie region last year, the rental department of the dealership that is closest to DTW never called me back even though I left two messages.

You know, one of the first lessons I learned as a consumer was that some businesses do it better than others.