2011 Fusion Order Guide

KCM1

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know when the 2011 Fusion order guide will be released? I know initial order acceptance begins on 3/22/10. I would sure appreciate it if someone could post it when it becomes available.

The big question is if there will be any changes that will make it worthwhile to order a 2011 rather than finding a 2010 on the lot somewhere. Thanks.

I haven't heard of significant changes for the Fusion

but there have been a couple rumors that the Milan and MKZ might get a refresh for 2011my and be shown at the NYC autoshow...

...if so, their Order Guides could be delayed until the March 31 press day

otherwise/in general, the O.G.'s come out around the time the order bank opens

Edited by 2b2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard of significant changes for the Fusion

but there have been a couple rumors that the Milan and MKZ might get a refresh for 2011my and be shown at the NYC autoshow...

...if so, their Order Guides could be delayed until the March 31 press day

otherwise/in general, the O.G.'s come out around the time the order bank opens

With the order banks for the 2011 Fusion opening today (March 22nd), when is it reasonable to assume the 2011 Order Guide will be available?

Looks like we will have to wait a little longer to see what big or small surprises will be in store for the 2011 Fusion. Found this document on the Acme Auto Leasing site stating that the 2011 order banks will now not open until 5/17/2010. Previous documents stated the date would be 3/22/2010. I guess the suspense will just have to build a little more.

Ford 2010 Order Cut Off and 2011 Start Up Dates.bmp

Looks like we will have to wait a little longer to see what big or small surprises will be in store for the 2011 Fusion. Found this document on the Acme Auto Leasing site stating that the 2011 order banks will now not open until 5/17/2010. Previous documents stated the date would be 3/22/2010. I guess the suspense will just have to build a little more.

I found this on their site a while back and the dates were still in the May timeframe on the old ones. Even when their document said May, I had an e-mail from Ford stating that it was 3/22. I guess I'll have to check with a dealer on this...

• 4 weeks later...

With the order banks for the 2011 Fusion opening today (March 22nd), when is it reasonable to assume the 2011 Order Guide will be available?

I am trying to decide b/w a 2011 Fusion or Taurus. If I can get cooled/heated seats in the Fusion I will go for the I4 SEL Fusion.

I am trying to decide b/w a 2011 Fusion or Taurus. If I can get cooled/heated seats in the Fusion I will go for the I4 SEL Fusion.

From what I've heard, they aren't changing much on the Fusion, so I wouldn't count on the cooled seats. But, the order bank opens 5/17, so order guides should be out soon, so you can find out for sure.

Isn't it already standard on the Lincolns?

{checks OG's} :reading: I'll be darned

coulda sworn when the MKS first came out the cooled seats part of a pkg

TY, nelson!

...now can you do anything about making them optional on all MERCURYS????

Edited by 2b2

{checks OG's} :reading: I'll be darned

coulda sworn when the MKS first came out the cooled seats part of a pkg

TY, nelson!

...now can you do anything about making them optional on all MERCURYS????

Don't know... I certainly hoped that it was an option on my Fusion Hybrid -- would have ordered it with cooled seats had cooled seats been available -- but it wasn't. I assume it will be standard on MKZ Hybrid, and if that's what my mother ends up deciding for her next car...

From what I've heard, they aren't changing much on the Fusion, so I wouldn't count on the cooled seats. But, the order bank opens 5/17, so order guides should be out soon, so you can find out for sure.

Thanks, sullied. What you said makes sense. Oh well, maybe I will just save up a little bit longer and get a Taurus. I know that they have it as an option.

The Lincoln MKZ has cooled front seats so you would think it would not be hard to have them in the Fusion. Gotta keep Lincolns "Exclusive" I guess!

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know when the 2011 Fusion order guide will be released? I know initial order acceptance begins on 3/22/10. I would sure appreciate it if someone could post it when it becomes available.

The big question is if there will be any changes that will make it worthwhile to order a 2011 rather than finding a 2010 on the lot somewhere. Thanks.

The 2011 Fusion Order Bank opens on 05/17/10 with scheduling to begin on 06/24/10 and a Job #1 production start on 07/26/10.

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice to see the rain sensing wipers and garage door opener options. Those are my 2 biggest wants on my 2010. They must be listening to current Fusion buyers, alot of people don't want to step up to the Lincoln MKZ for that stuff.

My 2000 Lincoln LS had rain sensing wipers and selectshift. Too bad it took almost 10 years for them to make their way into other Ford vehicles.

Wish we had a 2011 color pallet to view.reading.gif

if you mean paint, iirc all those colors are already available on other vehicles

so googling will give a pretty good idea

otoh

I'm dying to that "Ginger" leather!

Edited by 2b2

if you mean paint, iirc all those colors are already available on other vehicles

so googling will give a pretty good idea

otoh

I'm dying to that "Ginger" leather!

Hey 2b2,

Don't die on us. Maybe I can breath some life back into you.

Take a look at this link. I'd bet money that this car has the Luxury Package with the Ginger interior. Notice the chrome door handles and mirrors, and the different wheels. I speculated then that this might be a new 2011 package, and now looks like I might be right.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37783-new-2010-ford-fusion-apperance-pakcage/page__p__593811__hl__window__fromsearch__1entry593811

Hey 2b2,Don't die on us. Maybe I can breath some life back into you.Take a look at this link. I'd bet money that this car has the Luxury Package with the Ginger interior. Notice the chrome door handles and mirrors, and the different wheels. I speculated then that this might be a new 2011 package, and now looks like I might be right.http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37783-new-2010-ford-fusion-apperance-pakcage/page__p__593811__hl__window__fromsearch__1entry593811

bet you're right, KCM :D THANKS for reminding me of that thread/sighting

&

I mis-spoke slightly...

...it's lack of news about MERCURY that has all my friends & medical people worried about me drop.gif

Most people prefer the MaryAnn leather.........

hmm...

...wonder if preferring Ginger & MERCURYs go together ;)

Hi,

I have three general/naive question about ordering the Fusion.

1. Is the price of ordering a car usually cheaper or more expensive than get a car from the dealer's lot?

2. Is there something similar to the current $2000 incentives on purchasing 2010 Fusion for ordering 2011 Fusion?

3. Is it still possible to order 2010 Fusion?