"Rouge Pride"

pozi240

Good day everyone,

We (my wife and I) just picked up a beautiful 2010 F-150 SuperCrew on Friday and absolutely love the truck. The quality and pride of construction is certainly evident and it was important to us that we bought from a company that didn't ask the government for handouts. Anyway, on to the topic; We noticed a sticker on the windshield that says: " Dearborn Truck Plant, Built Ford Tough - With Rouge Pride". I think its a "cool" sticker and have no intention of removing it, we were just wondering what is meant by the term "Rouge"? Thanks in advance, and thanks for building an AMAZING truck!

Cheers,

Pozi

• Like 2

Good day everyone,

We (my wife and I) just picked up a beautiful 2010 F-150 SuperCrew on Friday and absolutely love the truck. The quality and pride of construction is certainly evident and it was important to us that we bought from a company that didn't ask the government for handouts. Anyway, on to the topic; We noticed a sticker on the windshield that says: " Dearborn Truck Plant, Built Ford Tough - With Rouge Pride". I think its a "cool" sticker and have no intention of removing it, we were just wondering what is meant by the term "Rouge"? Thanks in advance, and thanks for building an AMAZING truck!

Cheers,

Pozi

The Rouge and Rouge pride is based on Ford Motor Companys History and Heritage. The Rouge at one time was the largest manufacturing site in the world. The plant your truck was built is a new facility built within Henry Fords Rouge site.

Do a google search on the rouge history and you will see how this site has produced everything from B-Boats (German Sub Chasers) for world war 2. Also fighter plane engines as well as other products for the war effort.

The site produced everything for the vehicles built glass, tires, engines etc... No outsourcing to other countries. Everything under one roof. I could go on and on. Google and enjoy.

Thanks again....... Louie

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.....I should have googled! My bad.... my wife googled it and found out all kinds of neat stuff about the Rouge Plant and Henry Ford, she bonked me on the head and told me to "ask her" first from now on.........doh! Living in Canada, we get "force fed" Toyota and Honda crap allot due to the culture up here.

• Like 1

The Rouge and Rouge pride is based on Ford Motor Companys History and Heritage. The Rouge at one time was the largest manufacturing site in the world. The plant your truck was built is a new facility built within Henry Fords Rouge site.

Do a google search on the rouge history and you will see how this site has produced everything from B-Boats (German Sub Chasers) for world war 2. Also fighter plane engines as well as other products for the war effort.

The site produced everything for the vehicles built glass, tires, engines etc... No outsourcing to other countries. Everything under one roof. I could go on and on. Google and enjoy.

Thanks again....... Louie

great post brother, i wish people could take a history lesson on how the U.S. auto industry geared up during WWII to build planes, tanks, guns, jeeps, bombs etc. to help the war effort. most americans just don't know the facts . the iuaw should do more to educate people of our role in the war effort. here's what i just don't understand, i was sitting in wendy's when this man pulls in with his car covered in american flags and bumper stickers that said PROUD TO BE A VET and he came in wearing a WWII vet hat. he was driving a TOYOTA. daddy was a WWII hero who retired from ford glass plant in 86 and will be 89 years young this april and will never buy or drive anything but a ford. he also buys american when ever possible. he past these values down the line to me , which i am passing down to my children. thanks louie, from music city

• Like 3

Thanks for the quick reply.....I should have googled! My bad.... my wife googled it and found out all kinds of neat stuff about the Rouge Plant and Henry Ford, she bonked me on the head and told me to "ask her" first from now on.........doh! Living in Canada, we get "force fed" Toyota and Honda crap allot due to the culture up here.

what was the build date? I work in the glass cell and put those stickers on the windshield.

what was the build date? I work in the glass cell and put those stickers on the windshield.

For those that are dieing to know ,if the original poster does not mind posting or PM'ing me the last 5 digits after the AFA in the VIN I can post exactly what shifts it ran through what zones.

By the way I am happy you are happy with what we take pride in building.

Edited by lquidspine

For those that are dieing to know ,if the original poster does not mind posting or PM'ing me the last 5 digits after the AFA in the VIN I can post exactly what shifts it ran through what zones.

Comon now im sure he doesnt wanna know the exact second it was built lol....

No problem, no PM needed, last seven are: AFB02612, and from what I can gather from the build sheet, I "think" the truck was "born" Dec 3, 09. It was definately Dec 09, since it was stamped 12/09 on the drivers door jamb.

I really think it is "cool" to talk with some of the great people who built our truck, I guess it never really occurred to me before, that there is real people behind the cars and trucks we drive. (I mean, I'm not ignorant or stupid, I realize there is people building cars and trucks), But, the other products that I drove (mainly VW's, don't hate on me, I had a long time love affair with small diesel cars, hence the reason for owning TDI Jetta's for so long), but, it wasn't until we started researching Ford trucks and then going through buying process and now reading the many threads in the F150 forums and this forum, that you truly realize just how important and how much pride you guys/gals put into your products.

I guess that is what is "missing" in the other car lines out there (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc, etc.), the people that make them, consider it a paycheck, and its just like an appliance to them, Ford on the other hand, its a product you are very proud of and want the new owner's to enjoy it and "feel" the pride that went into it. It was when i saw that sticker on my windshield for the first time, and it really hit home with me (I'm a military man for 15 years now-- so I "get" the pride thing, believe me). I wanted to find out more, and showed my wife the sticker, and commented, thats "cool", that a company still takes pride enough in their product to put it in writing right there for everyone to see............. VERY rare these days (only Mercedes Benz does the same thing nowadays from my recollection anyway).

I, admit, in the past, I never thought allot about the "faces" behind the products before, since I was not brought up in a "union" household and being Canadian (East cost at that, lol), we didn't see much in the way of large manufacturing. I can say, that this new truck and this forum has opened my eyes. In fact, we have only had the truck a short time, but we are about to purchase a second one for a family member and its a no brainer it will be another Ford.

Thank you everyone for not only building a great product, but, being proud enough to stand behind it and making little old me feel like part of something big, and my wife and I will be taking up that offer to tour the plant facility this summer, since I have family in Hamilton, so, its only a few hours to drive down to Windsor and cross the border.

Keep up the great work, we are now proud Ford owners and plan to be for a long time!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for not only building a great product, but, being proud enough to stand behind it and making little old me feel like part of something big, and my wife and I will be taking up that offer to tour the plant facility this summer, since I have family in Hamilton, so, its only a few hours to drive down to Windsor and cross the border.

Keep up the great work, we are now proud Ford owners and plan to be for a long time!

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY.

Your truck was tracked as follows;

12-3-09 / 2:16 am went through body shop control point

12-3-09 / 20:52 entered Trim line 1

12-3-09 / 21:54 entered Chassis line 1

12-9-09 / Left the gate for shipment on rail

Seems your truck spent half the day of 12-3-09 between paint and the ASR building but went through the system rather quickly, your half shaft was replaced or further inspected as there was a campaign on that during the time it went through chassis and left the gate.

Again thank you for buying the best truck line in the world I hope you enjoy your new F-150.

• Like 1

Seems your truck spent half the day of 12-3-09 between paint and the ASR building but went through the system rather quickly, your half shaft was replaced or further inspected as there was a campaign on that during the time it went through chassis and left the gate.

Again thank you for buying the best truck line in the world I hope you enjoy your new F-150.

that's really cool, I put on the fender brace on the passengers side of the bed and ran the taillight harness on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone, sorry to bring this couple month old thread back, but I found it on Google. My dad's truck is also a Dearborn truck. It's a 2009 F-150 and has the DTP green sticker. It's a great truck.

The last 5 of its VIN are 13749. The door says it was built in May of 2009, so it's a year old this month. Not a single problem.

Hello everyone, sorry to bring this couple month old thread back, but I found it on Google. My dad's truck is also a Dearborn truck. It's a 2009 F-150 and has the DTP green sticker. It's a great truck.

The last 5 of its VIN are 13749. The door says it was built in May of 2009, so it's a year old this month. Not a single problem.

Good to hear and thank you....

Edited by lquidspine

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...