Yellow Blaze Tri-coat

unfinished91

Ford has announced that there will be 3 new colors for the 2011 Mustang. One of them is to be Yellow Blaze Tri-coat. Apparently, this color will not be available at the present. I have been trying to find out why it is not offered now and when it will be available. This color was displayed on a Mustang GT at the NAIAS in Detroit and at the Houston car show. The paint code is NQ. My local dealer put this code in to order a Mustang and the computer said " not available till Job 2". Does anyone have any information on this? I just want some idea as to how long I will have to wait to order one.

Ford has announced that there will be 3 new colors for the 2011 Mustang. One of them is to be Yellow Blaze Tri-coat. Apparently, this color will not be available at the present. I have been trying to find out why it is not offered now and when it will be available. This color was displayed on a Mustang GT at the NAIAS in Detroit and at the Houston car show. The paint code is NQ. My local dealer put this code in to order a Mustang and the computer said " not available till Job 2". Does anyone have any information on this? I just want some idea as to how long I will have to wait to order one.

My guess, based on past history is that job 2 will be around august/september and the new color will be available on other 2011 Ford vehicles that don't go into production until then. I had a similar problem with Cordovan on the 2000 LS. It came out in April 1999 but was replaced in late August with Autumn Red which was just a one-off color - only a slight difference.

It's probably just a normal model year paint color change.

My problem with Ford is that they have announced 3 new colors; Race Red, Ingot Silver, and the Yellow Blaze. Race Red and Ingot Silver are available, Yellow blaze is not. There is no mention of why or when. The new 2011 Fiesta is available in this color and can be ordered now. It makes no sense to me to offer a new color and then totally ignore your own announcement.

My problem with Ford is that they have announced 3 new colors; Race Red, Ingot Silver, and the Yellow Blaze. Race Red and Ingot Silver are available, Yellow blaze is not. There is no mention of why or when. The new 2011 Fiesta is available in this color and can be ordered now. It makes no sense to me to offer a new color and then totally ignore your own announcement.

That info is available in the order guides and online. If they're not offering the color until job 2 then there must be a really good reason for it. Is Race Red and Ingot Silver already available on other Fords? If so that would explain it. If not then it could be a supplier issue or maybe the paint shop can only do X colors at one time and they have to get rid of one.

I would guess job 2 would be August - the dealer should be able to confirm that for you at some point.