The New Ford Logo

I like what Ford does today with the logo. Every time I see a 2007, 2008 or so Ford, the logo is front and center, clearly visible on the rear of the car and I remember reading something, somewhere about Mulally making that one of his "priorities" . He felt that prior to that, Ford was "hiding" its logo (paraphrased). And he was right---I see an early 90's Ford, like on the Mustang and it's a TINY, little thing in the corner.

I might just be weird (or a sap), but I get a little bit of...pride or....satisfaction, I guess would be a better word, from having a BIG Blue Oval in the center of my steering wheel. Fords aren't just another "has been, pretty good, but nothing special" car anymore. And to +1 what others have said, this logo accomplishes exactly what a very good logo does: EASILY identifies the company, even if you can't see it well or if there was no script. Coca-Cola and McDonald's would be seen entirely differently without the Bottle and Golden Arches, respectively.

I like what Ford does today with the logo. Every time I see a 2007, 2008 or so Ford, the logo is front and center, clearly visible on the rear of the car and I remember reading something, somewhere about Mulally making that one of his "priorities" . He felt that prior to that, Ford was "hiding" its logo (paraphrased). And he was right---I see an early 90's Ford, like on the Mustang and it's a TINY, little thing in the corner.

I might just be weird (or a sap), but I get a little bit of...pride or....satisfaction, I guess would be a better word, from having a BIG Blue Oval in the center of my steering wheel. Fords aren't just another "has been, pretty good, but nothing special" car anymore. And to +1 what others have said, this logo accomplishes exactly what a very good logo does: EASILY identifies the company, even if you can't see it well or if there was no script. Coca-Cola and McDonald's would be seen entirely differently without the Bottle and Golden Arches, respectively.

+1

I feel the same way about my Explorer and the Pony and Bars on my Mustang

post-16822-12641455796715_thumb.png

Tsk tsk tsk.

You know what? That kind of penny-ante stuff ticks me off.

I RUN a hosting company. I KNOW how much bandwidth costs. And the idea that linking to four c. 8kb graphics files was 'stealing bandwidth' is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. You might as well try and arrest some guy for taking a penny out of the dish by the cash register. Heck, the Jacks logo in my sig sits on my server and I don't even pay a nickel for the bandwidth it draws every month.

Edited by RichardJensen

You know what? That kind of penny-ante stuff ticks me off.

I RUN a hosting company. I KNOW how much bandwidth costs. And the idea that linking to four c. 8kb graphics files was 'stealing bandwidth' is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. You might as well try and arrest some guy for taking a penny out of the dish by the cash register. Heck, the Jacks logo in my sig sits on my server and I don't even pay a nickel for the bandwidth it draws every month.

Sure, it doesn't cost the hosting company - but they often cap bandwidth at ridiculously low levels and charge their customers overage fees, which can be huge if an image gets slashdotted.

Speaking of which, how much DOES bandwidth cost the hosting company? :)

Edited by Noah Harbinger

$195 per megabyte per second per month, with the traffic capped at the 95th percentile (you don't get charged for traffic spikes).

As in:

Say 60k of graphics gets downloaded oh, say 500 times during a month (remembering, of course, that browser caching comes into play)

That is, basically, 30MB of traffic.

You are billed $195 for 2.7TB of traffic (1MB/s * 3600 seconds in an hour * 24 hours in a day * 30 days in a month)

30MB = 2 tenths of a cent.

Edited by RichardJensen