The New Ford Logo

Uncle Henry got it right first time enough said.

One thing that a lot of folk don't like here is V GM logo used on all grilles of most Vauxhall cars in the UK it looks a hotch botch mess that makes you cringe every time you see a Vauxhall coming towards you, thank God GM has started to remove it they have got rid off it on the new Astra which is more a larger copy of the Fiesta and might give the new Focus & Golf a few headaches in Europe, something it has never done in the past.

car_photo_210574_5.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Ford used to sell the Granada in the UK it was always a top 10 car for Ford, then they brought out the Scorpio it was a total non entity, anonymous, souless & very cold it looked like Ford had hit hard times and could not afford to put the Scorpio name on its flagship of the Ford range. Sales fell to an anonymous non almost zero overnight and it finished Fords flagship off for good. Clarkson & Top Gear have it on their top 10 list, and in a book of the worst cars ever made. If Ford had only added the word Scorpio to trunk off its flagship in Europe. Little details do matter, as what used to be a hard earned customer based jumped ship into Beamers and Mercs on mass at the time.

ScorpWRear.jpg

Ford used to sell the Granada in the UK it was always a top 10 car for Ford, then they brought out the Scorpio it was a total non entity, anonymous, souless & very cold it looked like Ford had hit hard times and could not afford to put the Scorpio name on its flagship of the Ford range. Sales fell to an anonymous non almost zero overnight and it finished Fords flagship off for good. Clarkson & Top Gear have it on their top 10 list, and in a book of the worst cars ever made. If Ford had only added the word Scorpio to trunk off its flagship in Europe. Little details do matter, as what used to be a hard earned customer based jumped ship into Beamers and Mercs on mass at the time.

What does any of that have to do with this topic? Come on, FJ. At least try.

What does any of that have to do with this topic? Come on, FJ. At least try.

Seeing Ford struggle to build up the Granada brand in the UK over decades, it what was an almost perminent top 10 car in the UK sales charts all its life.

Then seeing it get destroyed its market overnight because Ford was to tight to add a S.C.O.R.P.I.O "logo" to the trunk of its flagship car. It was very painful to watch sales sink to almost ZERO overnight, and a range of car dissappear for good from Ford line-up for ever.

This is thread about logo's is it not Nick?

Seeing Ford struggle to build up the Granada brand in the UK over decades, it what was an almost perminent top 10 car in the UK sales charts all its life.

Then seeing it get destroyed its market overnight because Ford was to tight to add a S.C.O.R.P.I.O "logo" to the trunk of its flagship car. It was very painful to watch sales sink to almost ZERO overnight, and a range of car dissappear for good from Ford line-up for ever.

This is thread about logo's is it not Nick?

It's specifically about a tested and not used Ford logo, not a Scorpio badge. And frankly, I think the problems with the Scorpio were far greater than the lack of a badge on the trunk lid.

Back to the TOPIC, that logo sort of reminds me of:

Conoco_logo.jpg

It's specifically about a tested and not used Ford logo, not a Scorpio badge. And frankly, I think the problems with the Scorpio were far greater than the lack of a badge on the trunk lid.

Back to the TOPIC, that logo sort of reminds me of:

Conoco_logo.jpg

Most folk here thought it was a good car mechanically, but it looked like it had been designed by by a halfwit the most common joke here was the dimwits on Fords production line forgot to fit the badge the quality control at Ford must be shit whats the rest of the car like.

It's a bit like building a house with no number or name on it. I like the ANO on the registration licence plate very fitting.

ScorpWRear.jpg

I've seen this logo before, and my opinion is now what it was then:

It's a great logo.

If Ford was in the paper clip business.

As someone mentioned - it's waay too 60s. Oddly, it kinda reminds me of the 60s Gene Deitch-era Tom and Jerry cartoons.

Glad they stuck to the original.

Edited by JLaudioF150

That would not have stood the test of time.

The Oval saw very little use on Ford's cars of the '60s. Mostly it was featured on the door sill plates ( my Mustang has a Black Oval) and on a plaque on the passenger door of '60-'63 cars that read "Product of Ford Motor Company" often with a Black backround on the oval. The Ford name on cars of the '60s- and '70s was usually on the Ford Crest or in individual letters on the hood or trunk.

Saul Bass did better logos than Paul Rand, IMO.

Of course, some of Saul's logos were very similar to each other... Roundish with lines through it? Can do!

I love Bass' work, but I've always been a huge fan of the original Epcot Center pavillion logos. Each pavillion had it's own geometric logo... the 1980's vision of the future!

epcot.jpg

From top left: The Land, World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, Communicore

Row 2 from left: The Living Seas, Universe of Energy, Horizons, Imagination

Row 3 from left: World Showcase, and the original Epcot Center "rings" logo

Edited by PREMiERdrum