New US Trim Designations Allign with EU Offerings

While searching the US Patent Office's TESS system for new Trademarks looking for a Mercury name for the new Focus variant, I stumbled upon a filing for "FORD EDGE TITANIUM", filed and granted Dec 1 of 2009. I'll add any additional findings of interest.

EDIT: Also Found

FUSION TITANIUM

MILAN TITANIUM

TRACER TITANIUM

ESCAPE TITANIUM

FIESTA TITANIUM

FOCUS TITANIUM

TAURUS TITANIUM

MARINER TITANIUM

All new marks filed in December of 2009.

*There was a filing in December of 2009 for a Trademark on "MERCURY MYSTIQUE." That mark was allowed to die in 2002 and was just refiled. I would guess it would be used for one of the new Mercuries.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Honestly, as much as I've bashed Ford for their (IMO) excessive Europhilia, "Titanium" is a far more distinctive top end trim designation than "Limited"

Couldn't agree more. I always found it slightly odd that Ford opened themselves up to the "Limited joke" .. as in, limited capabilities ...

Edited by SVT_MAN

I think Titanium is fine for Ford, but they need to leave Mercury with Premier or things would get really confusing if they have the same trim names for two different brands.

Please NO Mystique!

I could live with Mystique, but Tracer would be better.

Edited by 2005Explorer

So we have the Titanium trim level for cars and crossovers and Platinum for trucks...and SUVs?

Precicesly... although Ford doesn't have a mark on Flex Titanium as of yet. There is a mark for an optical company that makes glasses frames called "Flex Titanium" but this should not hinder Ford getting that mark for Automotive use if they so desire.

I think Titanium is fine for Ford, but they need to leave Mercury with Premier or things would get really confusing if they have the same trim names for two different brands.

I could live with Mystique, but Tracer would be better.

I guess that answers the question posed in the Focus thread about what the US trim level would be called.....Titanium it is then.

I think Titanium is fine for Ford, but they need to leave Mercury with Premier or things would get really confusing if they have the same trim names for two different brands...

agree. Premier stays

but

imho using "Ultimate" for a Premier (or Voga :P) with every option

could be an interesting up-marketing move

(Lincoln shouldn't use Ultimate imho cuz every Lincoln needs to have a large helping that trait)

agree. Premier stays

but

imho using "Ultimate" for a Premier (or Voga :P) with every option

could be an interesting up-marketing move

(Lincoln shouldn't use Ultimate imho cuz every Lincoln needs to have a large helping that trait)

"Ultimate" and "Elite" should stay for the top shelf Lincoln packages as they do now... I'm okay with "Titanium" for Mercury - but I don't see what's wrong with "Premier"

"Ultimate" and "Elite" should stay for the top shelf Lincoln packages as they do now... I'm okay with "Titanium" for Mercury - but I don't see what's wrong with "Premier"

who said there's anything wrong with "Premier", PREMiER? :)

but

think Lincoln needs to plan out an escalation of their trims to accompany the (hopeful) escalation of their global status!!!!

That movie was looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, and will no doubt spur many imitations that will not be backed by a $700M budget, a sufficient amount of production lead, or a clear vision.

I enjoyed the 3-D spectacle--the graphics were amazing, but in the end, it was glow-in-the-dark Dances With Wolves.

Edited by RichardJensen

That movie was looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, and will no doubt spur many imitations that will not be backed by a $700M budget, a sufficient amount of production lead, or a clear vision.

I enjoyed the 3-D spectacle--the graphics were amazing, but in the end, it was glow-in-the-dark Dances With Wolves.

I take it you were referring to Avatar and not GM's Volt presentation...