OAKVILLE PLANT STOP SHIPPING ORDER

Yesterday late afternoon, I left a message for Ford Customer Care to please call me back with an update.

They called this morning about 9:AM to tell me that my Flex is on a truck and on its way.

I'm not holding my breath, but I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Congrats! May I ask how you escalated it with CS? Every time I call they are clueless and don't offer to find out anything else...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I know about those vehicles

MKT 2LMHJ5AT2ABJ17021

FLEX 2FMHK6DT4ABA77051

FLEX LTD EB 2FMHK6DT5ABA73879

The PTU's were replaced on all these vehicles and still at the plant .

Thanks for the update Topgun. (FLEX LTD EB 2FMHK6DT5ABA73879)

I called Ford CS today and they were of no help again! They put me on hold, then called my dealer which has no information, once again deferring the issue back and forth between ford and the dealer. I starting to think that Ford's CS department's actual abbreviation meaning is for something totally different!!! Why can't Ford just tell me when my vehicle ships or with some accuracy give me a delivery date? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Once again my Flex is sitting in a lot. It is now in the Supreme Auto Transport depot in Niagara Falls, NY.

I spoke to a dispatcher at Supreme and he said he hopes to get it out of there by the end of the week.

I hope he is talking about this week. I wonder if it will have to make any more transfers or if it will

come here to Long Island, NY in one shot.

Once again my Flex is sitting in a lot. It is now in the Supreme Auto Transport depot in Niagara Falls, NY.

I spoke to a dispatcher at Supreme and he said he hopes to get it out of there by the end of the week.

I hope he is talking about this week. I wonder if it will have to make any more transfers or if it will

Ugh. I just talked to CS and my MKT is riding the train through Michigan today. No ETA date though. At least it's in the US finally....

I found out that only AWD Flex and MKT had this stop ship. Back in late November it was discovered a part was failing under hard acceleration with turning.

Seems this issue has been fixed and those vehicles were repaired.....

I found out that only AWD Flex and MKT had this stop ship. Back in late November it was discovered a part was failing under hard acceleration with turning.

Seems this issue has been fixed and those vehicles were repaired.....

Yes, What I'm told is that they had to replace the PTO (power transfer unit) on 750 AWD vehicles assembled in the Oakville Plant since 12/2/2009. My Flex has been done and released to Transport, I don't know how many of the 750 have had the PTO replaced already.

Edited by jrys

I think my Flex hooked up with a Super Duty in the Supreme Auto Transport depot in Niagara Falls and they are still on their Honeymoon.

I think my Flex hooked up with a Super Duty in the Supreme Auto Transport depot in Niagara Falls and they are still on their Honeymoon.

Well that's lame. Where are you located?

At last check my MKT was in Oakwood, MI and had boarded a train to somewhere else (I assume Chicago). It hasn't stopped more than a few minutes since it hit the rails (not to rub it in!). Hopefully yours moves soon!!

Well that's lame. Where are you located?

At last check my MKT was in Oakwood, MI and had boarded a train to somewhere else (I assume Chicago). It hasn't stopped more than a few minutes since it hit the rails (not to rub it in!). Hopefully yours moves soon!!

I'm in Long Island, NY

This is what I know about those vehicles

MKT 2LMHJ5AT2ABJ17021

FLEX 2FMHK6DT4ABA77051

FLEX LTD EB 2FMHK6DT5ABA73879

The PTU's were replaced on all these vehicles and still at the plant .

To Topgun or anyone else:

Could you confirm or find out when my FLEX LTD EB (2FMHK6DT5ABA73879) is released and shipped? Then it takes at least 3 weeks by train to reach Vancouver. Ford & my dealer are unable or are unwilling to help!

Thank you in advance!

Al

As of today My Flex is still on it's Honeymoon, at the Supreme Auto Transport depot in Niagara Falls, NY.

Ordered 10/28/2009

Built 12/2/2009

Left Oakville Plant 1/5/2010

Arrive at Selling Dealer ???

Edited by jrys

It arrived at my Dealer this morning 1/13/2010. Just to rub salt in the wound, they said that normally I could of picked it up today, but since the only guy in the entire Dealership that can do the paper work will not be in all day I can't. So I am going to go get it tomorrow at 12:Noon. I was going to give them a shot at meeting the online price for the extended warranty, but after this I will buy it from fordwarrantys.com and save the $177. in sales tax on the ESP.

• 2 weeks later...