Fusion will break another sales record in August.

DETROIT - Ford Motor Co's mid-size 2010 Fusion in August has set a monthly sales record for the model for a fifth consecutive month and average transaction prices have been increasing, Ford said on Friday.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20090829/f...owth-august.htm

I would just love to see the Fusion finally break the 20,000 mark. Will it do it? I guess we will have to wait for the sales release to find out.

I would just love to see the Fusion finally break the 20,000 mark. Will it do it? I guess we will have to wait for the sales release to find out.

That would be nice to see but equally as good is the product mix - mid / upper series now account for more

than half of all sales. That's a huge turnaround and that's without much fleet sale dilution, well done Ford.

More than half of the 2010 Fusions sold so far have been in the more expensive SEL, Sport or Hybrid versions, compared with about 23 percent for the 2009 model year, Lenard said. Buyers also have added options at increasing levels, she said.

"We are seeing a significantly higher transaction price based on the series and the mixes of

the options that we are getting," Lenard said of the 2010 Fusion.

From Freep.com:

Fields estimated about 30% to 40% of clunkers sales were “truly incremental,” meaning that they came from consumers who had no plans previously to buy a car. The rest, he said, came from people who were going to buy a car later on.

Edited by jpd80

Motortrend is now picking up on this story...

http://wot.motortrend.com/6548650/auto-new...last/index.html

Of course they have to throw a little negative spin in there asking if the momentum will last. If it slows down this fall it is due more to a struggling economy then the merits of the car.

This is one of the best cars ever built by the Ford Motor Company. I wish more people would realize just how great the Fusion or Milan is before they just run down to the local Toyota dealer and buy a "Buickfied" Geezer LeCamry without checking out this car first.

I've been seeing tons of Fusions around, I was in WI for a couple weeks and the past couple days I've been home in Jersey, you can't swing a dead cat without seeing one. Its a great car...my Bro-in-law has Fusion Hybrid since march with 7500 miles on it already (avg 40 MPG) and I still can't beleive how nice the interior is and how awesome the computerized IP is on it...I wish more Ford products got it.

September will probably suck because there is nothing on the ground! Can't sell what you don't have.

Found out we sent a guy from here (east,central S.Dak) to Oklahoma to get a single rear wheel one ton Chev. Nobody closer would give one up.

We have like 8 new cars and the Ford/Chrysler dealer is in the same boat. They did finally get a 2010 Taurus SEL though!