2010 Ford Escape

Frustratingly, I haven't been able to relocate photos of the new appearance package on the 2010 Escape. Does anybody have any info on this new Escape? I think it's VERY sharp, it looks something like this 2010 Explorer, but it has black wheels with the milled flang.

WKA2009071766731_pv.jpg

Edited by BORG

Frustratingly, I haven't been able to relocate photos of the new appearance package on the 2010 Escape. Does anybody have any info on this new Escape? I think it's VERY sharp, it looks something like this 2010 Explorer, but it has black wheels with the milled flang.

I'm sure it looks close to the one that is available on the 2009, which looks pretty sharp. My Local dealer had a few two weeks ago (2009's) on the lot.

2009-ford-escape-xlt-i1.jpg

2009-ford-escape-xlt-i2.jpg

2009-ford-escape-xlt-i4.jpg

Edited by jasonj80

I like those wheels because of the flang. And because I keep my cars spotless, this would look really good under my care :)

takes away the styling distinction IMO....satin brushed Alum for moi, NO chrome ( although the 20's on the edge look good )....black just fades away into oblivion....

Edited by Deanh

I don't mind the wheels - HATE the dorky spoiler. RMC and I talked at length about this and the Explorer Sport before he did the Flex Sport chop.

I too hate the spoiler, and black wheels would not be my first choice, unless perhaps on a black vehicle.

I've not seen one of these in person yet - I've seen the Explorer SAP, but not the Escape.

And to refresh everyone's memory of the Flex Sport [Appearance Package]:

Flexsport6.jpg

OR

Flexsport7.jpg

+1

The black wheels kill it for me.

+2

No school like the old school - Brushed/Alloy is classic. This whole black wheel thing looks to me like it is trying too hard.

That Explorer in the first post is nice! Guess that evolved from the "Ironman Edition" of a few years back. I am suprised I don't see more of that version around the mountains here.

I also like that this Escape Sport has the monochrome lower body kit from the Mariner.

Typically I like black and chrome, but this is a very unique appearance package and if there is one thing I'm looking for, it's unique. I really like this execution, even the dorky spoiler :). Heck, I would buy buy the red one if looked like this :)

I like it, and I like black wheels (see my avatar).

Normally, I don't like black wheels, but this is a very cohesive and unique look for a very ubiquitous SUV. It really spices up an otherwise mundane vehicle, at very little cost.

I haven't seen any black wheels that look good...reminds me in the late 80s when people would color match their rims to their car. And the only cars I see black wheels now are, well, ghettonized cruisers. Throw in the neon for good measure...

I'm not a big fan of them - the only way I'd even consider getting black wheels would be if I got a black car, which more than likely wouldn't happen in the first place (too hot in South Florida, for one thing).

ive always had black on black, it helps with the A/C seats, although I hate the fact that on some Lincoln, leather is standard. I prefer leather only in the bedroom...not burning my legs/thighs sitting on it. Remote start helps, parking inside the garage, always a must...and up here in Orlando we have lots of trees, specially the area I live in, so going to stores you can find strategic places to park.... Although trees in Miami, is a lost artform that has dissapeared decades ago..lol.