Good deal on Ford ESP Plan?

somedude

Hi folks,

Just purchased a 2010 Ford Edge SEL today, and I plan on driving it for awhile. I'm usually paranoid about repairs, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to purchase cheap Ford ESP Plans? The Edge is pretty reliable according to Consumer Reports, but it's always nice to have peace of mind. I've heard the ESP Premium plan can be as low as $1000 or less for a 7 year coverage?

Any leads would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi folks,

Just purchased a 2010 Ford Edge SEL today, and I plan on driving it for awhile. I'm usually paranoid about repairs, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to purchase cheap Ford ESP Plans? The Edge is pretty reliable according to Consumer Reports, but it's always nice to have peace of mind. I've heard the ESP Premium plan can be as low as $1000 or less for a 7 year coverage?

Any leads would be appreciated, thanks!

Greetings and Welcome

You can go here and put in the info. You don't need your real email address. 1@1.com works just fine. This is the cheapest I have ever found. Just a Ford dealer selling them to anyone for a pretty good price. I bought one for my 04 TDI truck because it was a new technology, etc. I paid $1400 for 7/70. Paid for it self but just barely. It defaults to a $100 deductible. But I would go with the $50 ded because with just one or two trips you paid for it.

However, I would not worry about this for the new Fords. If I bought an Expedition, Five Hundred, Freestyle, Taurus, Taurus X, Fusion, Edge, Focus, any Mercury or Lincoln I would not even think of purchasing one of these for it. About the only one I might would be an Explorer. The warranty has been in creased as it is. Now these service contracts are even less desirable in my opinion. If you have a problem it will be within the first 25k miles or less. I just do not see the value in these anymore for the gassers. Put it in your savings account for after warranty expiration repairs. Put in $25 a month into the account. In 7 years tell us how much money you still have in there. I would fully expect to see about $3100 + interest.

Peace and Blessings

Greetings and Welcome

You can go here and put in the info. You don't need your real email address. 1@1.com works just fine. This is the cheapest I have ever found. Just a Ford dealer selling them to anyone for a pretty good price. I bought one for my 04 TDI truck because it was a new technology, etc. I paid $1400 for 7/70. Paid for it self but just barely. It defaults to a $100 deductible. But I would go with the $50 ded because with just one or two trips you paid for it.

However, I would not worry about this for the new Fords. If I bought an Expedition, Five Hundred, Freestyle, Taurus, Taurus X, Fusion, Edge, Focus, any Mercury or Lincoln I would not even think of purchasing one of these for it. About the only one I might would be an Explorer. The warranty has been in creased as it is. Now these service contracts are even less desirable in my opinion. If you have a problem it will be within the first 25k miles or less. I just do not see the value in these anymore for the gassers. Put it in your savings account for after warranty expiration repairs. Put in $25 a month into the account. In 7 years tell us how much money you still have in there. I would fully expect to see about $3100 + interest.

Peace and Blessings

Thanks macattak1! I appreciate the advice.

I agree; the Edge is supposed to be pretty reliable, and mine is FWD and therefore even less likely to have problems (compared to AWD), but just in case anything goes wrong, I'll keep your website in mind. I guess I'll find out after the first few years of ownership how well the Edge is.

Thanks macattak1! I appreciate the advice.

I agree; the Edge is supposed to be pretty reliable, and mine is FWD and therefore even less likely to have problems (compared to AWD), but just in case anything goes wrong, I'll keep your website in mind. I guess I'll find out after the first few years of ownership how well the Edge is.

Also, you can buy it after and up until your 5/50 or what ever expires. It just cost $100 more or so...

Peace and Blessings

Also, you can buy it after and up until your 5/50 or what ever expires. It just cost $100 more or so...

Peace and Blessings

Hi guys. :D Just as an FYI: We only have until the "New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty" expires (not the Powertrain Warranty). So for Ford and Mercury vehicles that will be 3 years/36,000 miles and for Lincoln it is 4 years 50,000 miles.

Once the "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" expires, the Ford ESP Plan is no longer available for purchase.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi guys. :D Just as an FYI: We only have until the "New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty" expires (not the Powertrain Warranty). So for Ford and Mercury vehicles that will be 3 years/36,000 miles and for Lincoln it is 4 years 50,000 miles.

Once the "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" expires, the Ford ESP Plan is no longer available for purchase.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Gotcha, thanks for the head's up bbf. :happy feet:

ESP is just an insurance contract....designed to allow you to insert a known cost (Insurance) into your budget to avoid an unkown cost you can't budget for. No different than fire insurance on your house or collision on your car. The cost of insurance is your loss, but is a budgetable one. You allow them to make a profit on you to give you that peace of mind.

I always make the same bet they do. That the cost of the insurance (sale) minus the commission to sell it, is more than the average repair cost over and above the new car warranty. Then I keep their profit and what they pay out in commission to salesman for myself.

If you can't afford to fix the car when it's out of warranty....or don't want to budget for repairs....then buy the ESP....if you think you will keep the car beyond the new car warranty period. But averaging over many vehicle sales....it's very expensive insurance, it's very profitable to Ford.

Edited by Ralph Greene

ESP is just an insurance contract....designed to allow you to insert a known cost (Insurance) into your budget to avoid an unkown cost you can't budget for. No different than fire insurance on your house or collision on your car. The cost of insurance is your loss, but is a budgetable one. You allow them to make a profit on you to give you that peace of mind.

I always make the same bet they do. That the cost of the insurance (sale) minus the commission to sell it, is more than the average repair cost over and above the new car warranty. Then I keep their profit and what they pay out in commission to salesman for myself.

If you can't afford to fix the car when it's out of warranty....or don't want to budget for repairs....then buy the ESP....if you think you will keep the car beyond the new car warranty period. But averaging over many vehicle sales....it's very expensive insurance, it's very profitable to Ford.

Exactly! I can't afford to rebuild my house or replace a vehicle out of pocket or pay for an extended hospital stay so I have insurance for that. But I say if you can afford to pay $1500 cash for an ESP then you can probably afford to pay for pretty much any repair that you might need. And if you make it through a few vehicles with no repairs like I have, then you'll have a tidy sum (at least $7500 in my case) that you can use for whatever you want. And even if I have to buy a new engine or transmission tomorrow I'm WAY ahead of the game. And it will only get better over time.

If you can't afford a repair bill, buy the ESP and finance it with the vehicle so you're only paying a few bucks a month.

Exactly! I can't afford to rebuild my house or replace a vehicle out of pocket or pay for an extended hospital stay so I have insurance for that. But I say if you can afford to pay $1500 cash for an ESP then you can probably afford to pay for pretty much any repair that you might need. And if you make it through a few vehicles with no repairs like I have, then you'll have a tidy sum (at least $7500 in my case) that you can use for whatever you want. And even if I have to buy a new engine or transmission tomorrow I'm WAY ahead of the game. And it will only get better over time.

If you can't afford a repair bill, buy the ESP and finance it with the vehicle so you're only paying a few bucks a month.

the BIGGEST question you should ask yourself is how long you intend to keep said car....and average mileage per year....then the equation becomes pretty simple....