2007 Vehicle Order Tracking

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, Sequence means that the suppliers can get the parts to the plant within a certain timeframe. Blend Date usually is 7 calendar days before the actual build date. Might have to revamp those again...

Sent this over again this afternoon on break, and they still haven't replied. They are getting shy about info on 2007 models, and I think it may be due to the 2006 overages... Will keep trying for you!

Ummmm.... Yeah, that priority 99 means kind of like a holding pattern... Priority 10 or 15 is the highest priority, the lower the number, the more important the priority. Need to get that changed ASAP! VOPC asked why I was inquiring about a non-order, had to tell them the story. They didn't find it funny, I guess dealers are costing Ford lots of business...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, spoke with the new dealer today and the priority code has been changed to a 10. The sales rep was telling me that the "big boss" has them set all orders to a 99 so they don't go into Ford. He wants to review them before they are ordered. So, here's the updated info:

Dealer Code - 11214

Body Type - T85

Priority - 10

Order Number - 001

Order Date - 5/11/06 18?46:23

The order date may be changed to 5/13/06 as it went into Ford today as an order. Once again, I appreciate your help. It's nice to have someone back at Ford who can help the customers out like this and keep things in check with the dealers. Thanks for the help!

Pouterson- congrats!

yeah a ten means 'youre up', front of the line- I'd bet youll see a VIN next Thursday and your

ride in 3-5 weeks-

theres a long thread you guys might all want to read on ordering/allocation/priority codes that really helped me(and frustrated me at the same time)...while over there vote in the polls about Kzinti and Fords allocation stuff if you would- strength in numbers!

heres a link to that thread-

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51

Pouterson- congrats!

yeah a ten means 'youre up', front of the line- I'd bet youll see a VIN next Thursday and your

ride in 3-5 weeks-

theres a long thread you guys might all want to read on ordering/allocation/priority codes that really helped me(and frustrated me at the same time)...while over there vote in the polls about Kzinti and Fords allocation stuff if you would- strength in numbers!

heres a link to that thread-

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51

I sure do hope you're right about next Thursday. That would be outstanding! I hope to hear from Mr. K. this week with some good news!!! :happy feet:

Howdy Mr. Kzinti!

Just thought I'd check back since you got my VIN# 1ZVHT82H575200510 a couple of weeks back.

And one question for you, I know from the order confirmation that my order was put in as a priority 40. At this point would it help or not to try to got the priority moved up?

Also, for anyone else out there:

Since Ford decided not to offer a BOSS package, I decided to build my own on a Grabber Orange GT -premium. I've already got the CDC Shaker hood scoop, and am waiting for the FRPP PowerPac to come in (the same package Fords putting on the Hertz cars, adds about 30rwhp)

The body shop Is getting my quote for the BOSS side stripes, and hood stripe.

Since there is no actual BOSS out, would it be uncool to leave the BOSS logo at the top of the side stripes?

Like an expectant father, I already have fine cigars on hand (Cuban Cohiba's, and no I can't tell you how they got here)

Mr. K, according to the ERL, I'm still in a temporary delay awaiting production. I know others are being scheduled for build during the week of June 5th, but my status hasn't been updated since 4/21. Should I be concerned? I had added 64W polished bullits to my order a few weeks ago - the dealer tells me they should make it - but according to your check last week they didn't. Do you think that could be the hold up? At this point I just want to get the order moving so I can have the car for early summer.

Thanks,

Bob

1ZVHT85H875200464

Hey Mr. K,

I just got some interesting news from the VOPC and my dealer. The dealer did make the change to the cloth top, and the VOPC analyst said that the car is in a "modified state", which is why the ERL won't give me a status on it. But just a couple of minutes ago, my dealer emailed and said that the car is slated to be built "the week of June 15th". While that makes me very very excited :happy feet: , it is tempered by the fact that the ERL doesn't tell me that (yet) and that saying "the week of June 15th" doesn't compute because it is not a Monday. The explanation from the dealer is that "this is a Ford time line, which means week of 6/15/2006. The weeks start with the 15th."

Could you translate?

Do the sales folks go by a different lingo on what constitutes a week? Does this mean that the "sales" week is on a monthly cycle starting on the 15th of every month and the build could take any time that month? I don't really care one way or the other as long as I get scheduled.

Maybe you could translate what the actual build week is scheduled for?

I just added a couple of items to my '07 Mustang that's on order. Since it appears they've over scheduled production, and I'm on temporary hold, I figure now is the time to review what I ordered and make any changes before it's to late (if it's not already).

Two weeks ago, I added the 3.55 rear axle ratio (455). In the past it appears this was the standard axle ratio for manual transmission vehicles but for '07 apparently it isn't.

Today I added the Premier Trim w/Color Accent Pkg (68B). Not sure exactly what all is included in this but the "wrapped & stitched IP brow and center console lid, upgraded door armrests(w/stitching) and aluminum pedal covers" should give the car more of an upgraded appearance. If anyone has additional info about this package, please let me know.

I considered adding the GT Appearance Pkg and the Sirius Satellite Radio but decided against it for now. If they don't take me off of hold soon, who knows what I'll do?

My question(s) for now are:

1) Is it to late to make the changes I've made?

2) How long before they show up in the order bank?

3) Will these changes affect the scheduling of my Mustang?

Chip in SC

Edited by ipchay61

<snip>

Two weeks ago, I added the 3.55 rear axle ratio (455). In the past it appears this was the standard axle ratio for manual transmission vehicles but for '07 apparently it isn't.

..why would they change the axle ratio? What is standard for the manuals for '07?

I considered adding the GT Appearance Pkg and the Sirius Satellite Radio but decided against it for now. If they don't take me off of hold soon, who knows what I'll do?

My question(s) for now are:

1) Is it to late to make the changes I've made?

My understanding is that as long as you are on temp delay status, you are OK. If you think that there is any chance of getting sequenced this week, I would hold off. My understanding is that they sequence on Wednesdays. I would wait and see if you come off of temp delay on Thursday AM. If not, I would make the change.

Kzinti might have a different opinion...

..why would they change the axle ratio? What is standard for the manuals for '07?

According to the '07 order guide, the standard axle ratio is not clearly specified. What it says is:

Axle Ratio=3.31 for V6 Manual/Automatic and GT Automatic Transmissions (Limited Slip on GT)

Optional Axle Ratio=3.55 Limited Slip GT Manual Transmission only (455)

Based on the above info, it's kinda vague as to what the standard axle ratio is but it does state that the 3.55 is Optional so I took the safe route and specifically ordered option code 455.

Chip in SC

Hey Kninti, The dealer and VOPC said my order is locked in for June 5th and and ETA to dealer June 8th. Can you confirm this? I am about 50 miles from assembly plant in Michigan, so I suppose it could ship that fast. Thanks for all your help.

VIN# 1ZVFT82H975195996

..I am about 50 miles from assembly plant in Michigan, so I suppose it could ship that fast. Thanks for all your help.

VIN# 1ZVFT82H975195996

Does Ford not have a program ala Corvette where you can pick up the car at the plant and instead of charging $700 for delivery, they charge you $700 for your VIP treatment?

Flash

PS, where is everybody?

Sadly Kzinti is gone- kinda looks like he got shutdown.

Factory/Dealer customer support officially SUCKS again

:(

Smooth move Ford...brilliant. will make Toyoduh very happy indeed.

the 'bold move' woulda been to put him in charge of the new type of customer support he started about 15,000 'happy ford buyer' posts ago.

guess they cant make enough mustangs anyway- pissing away some customers will just help even out the scheduling...yeah, thats gotta be it.

I can think of no easy way to say this other than to say it directly.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be unable to provide vehicle order updates for the forseeable future.

I cannot discuss specific details. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

Edited by ford4v429

OK, today being Thursday, some folks should have an updated status if they call the VOPC. I know that I am not one of those people. At least one pony from the temp delay queue got lined up. Anyone else?

No change on my order but the as of date was 5/23, Tuesday. I'll try again later today. :doh:

OK, today being Thursday, some folks should have an updated status if they call the VOPC. I know that I am not one of those people. At least one pony from the temp delay queue got lined up. Anyone else?

Not me, I'm still in temp hold and I can't get any VOPC status. I provide all the data and it tries to transfer me to any analyst instead. Anyone else having this problem?

Not me, I'm still in temp hold and I can't get any VOPC status. I provide all the data and it tries to transfer me to any analyst instead. Anyone else having this problem?

The two other times that I have seen this happen has been caused by You making a change to the specs (your order is in "Revised Spec" status) in the previous week. Did you revise your order? If so, I would expect this condition to last until next Thursday.

Flash