2010 Order Guide

carforford

The 2010's will have a column shifter?

No, scroll down to the Trim level you are looking for. The SSV Special service fleet units have the colum shift. Like police units, or Fire and rescue units, those would have the colum shift. The regular public base model XLT and up still has the console floor shiffter.

The Big reason I want ahead and ordered a 09 King Ranch EL last week, was the order guide came out and Ford has dropped black for 2010. I love basic black, but I kinda hate metalic black. I am really not a fan of metalic colors in general. Some look nice to me but I would not be inclined to buy one. If anything ever happens to a metalic finish that would require repair, it is almost inposible to ever match it to the rest of the vehichle. I am just real picky about that sort of thing, and there for I don't really ever buy metalic colors. In the case of the new metalic black, I just never have cared for the way metalic black looks dusty in direct sun light. So in order to get basic black I had to order an 09 last week . I got my VIN assigned yesterday. I should have a build date next week.

• 2 weeks later...
The Big reason I want ahead and ordered a 09 King Ranch EL last week, was the order guide came out and Ford has dropped black for 2010. I love basic black, but I kinda hate metalic black. I am really not a fan of metalic colors in general. Some look nice to me but I would not be inclined to buy one. If anything ever happens to a metalic finish that would require repair, it is almost inposible to ever match it to the rest of the vehichle. I am just real picky about that sort of thing, and there for I don't really ever buy metalic colors. In the case of the new metalic black, I just never have cared for the way metalic black looks dusty in direct sun light. So in order to get basic black I had to order an 09 last week . I got my VIN assigned yesterday. I should have a build date next week.

I completely agree, wish we could get basic Black. I suppose it is too late to order an '09 at this point is it not?

There may be chance that now production is back up and running again. There will be more in stock on dealers lots to pick from soon. Just a few weeks ago there was not one in a 100 miles of me to even test drive. I noticed a couple were on the lot now at the local dealer.

I just do not know what has gotton into all these mfgs and there straying away from basic color choices. I noticed you can't get my alternate color in a KR in 2010 either, wich my alternate colors was basic bright white. 2010 is some sort of pearl cream white on the KRs.

Chrysler had done the same thing with there trucks, no more basic bright white or gloss black, now only stone cream white and metalic black. GM was smart enough to stick with there basic colors and through in a metalic black and pearl white as additional choices.

Edited by cc1999

There may be chance that now production is back up and running again. There will be more in stock on dealers lots to pick from soon. Just a few weeks ago there was not one in a 100 miles of me to even test drive. I noticed a couple were on the lot now at the local dealer.

I just do not know what has gotton into all these mfgs and there straying away from basic color choices. I noticed you can't get my alternate color in a KR in 2010 either, wich my alternate colors was basic bright white. 2010 is some sort of pearl cream white on the KRs.

Chrysler had done the same thing with there trucks, no more basic bright white or gloss black, now only stone cream white and metalic black. GM was smart enough to stick with there basic colors and through in a metalic black and pearl white as additional choices.

I'll probably have to get the bride a white sand tri-coat KR EL. I would have preferred Black.

• 5 months later...

Agree on the Tuxedo Black or metallic black. About the same for 2010 Royal Red--looks good in some light, but other times some sort of ill rusty brown.

By the way I saw a Vermillion Red 2010 Expedition in a fleet or SSV. Unit also had black or near black cladding around the lower part similar to 2007 Expedition XLT. The Vermillion Red has just a hint of orange/red out in the sunlight.

With the Kentucky truck plant up and running per an earlier post, would expect traditional black and other colors to begin to be available. Also note that with lower fuel prices and little 2009 Expedition production, new Expedition inventory has been scarce on dealers' lots coast to coast. Prices for new 2009 and 2010 and late model used way up! With 2009&up EPA at 14/20 for 2wd due to engine and tranny improvements and gas around $2.50/gal, seems like Ford could/would spring for a modest Expedition production run?

I have noticed excellent condition 2009 4wd Expedition XLT with 15,000-20,000 miles and priced say $28,500 to $29,500 sell within 4-5 days--definitely good market out there at under $30,000. Don't know about new basic 2010 4wd XLT running $8-10,000+ more?