Do Republicans think it helps to have such radical spokespeople?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for Levin. I'M consider myself a conservative on many things, and I applauded his retention of Gates. I'm not alone on that.

And the purpose of this thread is to see whether or not you really agree with the majority of the things these people say. You seem to agree with some, and not others, and that's fine. I consider you to be a great deal more moderate than them.

[Levin] called several members of congress bisexual...accused people of liberal ideology of being maggot infested marijuana smokers...that they're all hippies...and radicals...etc.

It's a sad state of affairs when people are offended when a Constitutional scholar points out the obvious (that some members of Congress are homosexual or bisexual), and even more so when people can't make the distinction between satire (or entertainment) and facts.

this study is dealing with mobile media use...there were no comparisons to TV/radio......try again....

why do you think they have such large audiences?....could it be that people like thier message?....and why can't the left have success in those markets?....

Comedy Central and Saturday Night Live (which I think ruined Sarah Palin - and I'll admit to having some qualms about that) - I would term both of those pretty liberal in their bias - and hugely successful. I disagree with your assessment that Liberal thought doesn't command an audience. It seems to me the only conclusion that one might draw is that the right commands a larger audience of people who get their news and entertainment from AM radio.

It's a sad state of affairs when people are offended when a Constitutional scholar points out the obvious (that some members of Congress are homosexual or bisexual), and even more so when people can't make the distinction between satire (or entertainment) and facts.

Mark Levin doesn't do satire. If it is satire, it isn't funny at all. He was also using the term bisexual in a derogatory way, male or female or bisexual or whatever they are...what was the point of that even? ...and what exactly does supposed male or pseudo male mean? The man has nothing nice to say about anyone.

And Republicanism differs from Conservatism in what way? :hysterical:

For starters, a Conservative George Bush would have never approved the Medicare Part D program. A Conservative George Bush would have never approved the No Child Left Behind Act. A Conservative George Bush would have never presided over the doubling of our national debt during his tenure. A Conservative George Bush would have done a better job of reigning in controls over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (which, admittedly, he attempted, to no avail). A Conservative George Bush would have slapped down the effort of Congress to legitimize illegal immigrants, well before it gained traction in Congress. A Conservative George Bush would have never approved the massive growth of government during his tenure.

The Republican George Bush, mostly in an effort to "reach across the aisle," passed or supported these efforts - in league with the Democrats.

George Bush may be the most despised "Conservative" politician in American history, but he was no Conservative; he was a Repubican politician whose only Conservative values were cutting taxes and defending our country. (Which are definitely Conservative values.)

George W. Bush was a leader of the Republican Party. Ronald Reagan was the leader (and current icon) of the Conservative movement, and he ran for the presidency as a Republican for political purposes. (He ran as an Independent in 1976 and lost, and he was also a former Democrat.)

I think people who fail to understand the distinction between Conservatism and Republicanism also failed to understand the concepts of formal logic in their Critical Thinking courses.

Edited by Roadtrip

The Democrats are scared to death of this new movement to decrease the size of government, since they want to increase the size of government. Since I am also in favor of a lot less government, I can listen to or watch them, and agree with 90% of what they say. I find them refreshing. Did anyone mention Glenn Beck? He is excellent. He had a guest on his show a few nights ago who wrote a book about how America is going Fascist. I guess that anyone who is religiously devoted to Obama would feel stung by these guys. That is because the truth hurts if you believe lies. Did any of the Liberal media show the Tea Parties? There were over 2000 of them across the country. The movement is growing. I am glad that I am part of it, not part of the problem.

Government is telling the auto industry to cut back and be more efficient. It is the government that needs to cut back and be more efficient. The present government will not do this. They are trying to convince everybody that they are the exception to the rule. They want you to believe that if they go on a wild spending spree, and grab more power, you will be saved from the Depression. You won't. You will come out of it a slave with no say about how you spend your own money, what little you will be allowed to have. Your only hope is to join the movement and fight back or you will lose your country.

repulicrooks and dumbacrats are nothing more than a distraction to keep you busy about abortion, gun control, or who is allegedly not going to tax you.

both parties ride of your paycheck, and rape your civil rights, and let the almighty corporation trump you any time they want.

bought and sold

welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism.

repulicrooks and dumbacrats are nothing more than a distraction to keep you busy about abortion, gun control, or who is allegedly not going to tax you.

both parties ride of your paycheck, and rape your civil rights, and let the almighty corporation trump you any time they want.

bought and sold

welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism.

That's not capitalism. Secondly you should have said welcome to the wonderful world of apathetic US citizens.

That's not capitalism. Secondly you should have said welcome to the wonderful world of apathetic US citizens.

politicians bought and sold by special interests sounds a lot like capitalism to me maybe not the intended, but a consequence, monied interests.

as for apathetic citizens may seam like a great thing to those in control, but it does not defend democracy very well.

politicians bought and sold by special interests sounds a lot like capitalism to me maybe not the intended, but a consequence, monied interests.

as for apathetic citizens may seam like a great thing to those in control, but it does not defend democracy very well.

It's a consequence that stems from the apathetic citizen.

There's that D word again. This is a Republic that has sadly seen it's citizens forget the true history of this country.

Colmes was nothing more than a whipping boy on that program, unfortunately.
Yeah, I love Alan Colmes. He's a great American. I hated how Hannity always pushed him around. In my opinion, Alan was always the more honorable of the two, as he never stooped down to Sean's level when making his points. Ever since he left the show, I haven't been able to sit through it...

Yeah, I love Alan Colmes. He's a great American. I hated how Hannity always pushed him around. In my opinion, Alan was always the more honorable of the two, as he never stooped down to Sean's level when making his points. Ever since he left the show, I haven't been able to sit through it...

+1 on all counts. Sean Hannity is an overbearing tool. Colmes, on the other hand, seems like a guy I could go have a beer with.

Edited by NickF1011

I mean really, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Mike Church, Andrew Wilkow, and the others, really? They are some of the most bigoted, closed minded, insulting people I have ever heard. I can't imagine that it's helping the cause.

Wait a minute, you call THESE guys radical?? HAHAHA

Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and all the other extreme liberal whackjobs are the radical ones...they completely ignore the Constitution (...all powers not expressly granted to the federal government...are reserved to the states...or to the people...) and demand that the Feds take over *everything*...

Now they want to take over the internet...(hey they already do that in North Korea by controlling the media and banning citizens from having cell phones...)

this after taking over the banks, refusing to let banks pay back the TARP funds so that they can have control over them, and now they're taking over the auto companies, and other corporations too.

Hmmm... Stalin did all this. So did Lenin. Oh yeah, and HITLER did this too.

(paraphrased) "I think we should have a civil defense force, with the funding and equipment of the military...to control the population of the US..." Barack Obama

Yeah, Hitler did that too. Control the citizens so they can't oppose you.

The Constitution puts the majority of the power with the STATE governments... Committee Senator: "Where Mr Geithner, in the Constitution does it give you the power to take control of the banking system?" Geithner could cite no such Constitutional authority, because there IS NONE.