Pioneer

No brakes? No problem!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,676 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Focus SES

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

I currently am with Sprint, but with our contract almost up, am looking into maybe going with Sprint.

Can somebody PM me what percentage we get off through Verizon? The Employee website doesn't say.

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Twincam Harley

Twincam Harley

King of the WORLD

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 20-December 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

I currently am with Sprint, but with our contract almost up, am looking into maybe going with Sprint.

Can somebody PM me what percentage we get off through Verizon? The Employee website doesn't say.

Thanks.

19%

#3 OFFLINE   Pioneer

Pioneer

No brakes? No problem!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,676 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Thanks, bro.

Verizon's discount is smaller than Sprint's, but the plans are cheaper. I like the choice of phones with Verizon also.

Decision time....

#4 OFFLINE   MSP_M/R

MSP_M/R

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

You will also get discounts on your phone and any accessories on top of the 19% airtime discount.

#5 OFFLINE   Pioneer

Pioneer

No brakes? No problem!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,676 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

You will also get discounts on your phone and any accessories on top of the 19% airtime discount.

How is the coverage?

#6 OFFLINE   tool&dyin in monroe

tool&dyin in monroe

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 23-September 06

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

AT&T is 20%

#7 OFFLINE   madime39

madime39

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 31-March 08
  • Current Vehicle:x

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

Do you have to go into the store to get the discount? I've been with Verizon for years, but when I went to the their website to sign-up for the discount, it required me to enter a work phone#. Had no idea what # to use, and just never followed up, but I didn't realize the discount was so high.

#8 OFFLINE   lquidspine

lquidspine

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

How is the coverage?

The coverage is great and the customer support is far better, I would never go back to Sprint again even if they where $40 cheaper.

There is allot to be said for when I call customer support I can actually understand the person on the other end of the phone.

#9 OFFLINE   Pioneer

Pioneer

No brakes? No problem!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,676 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

Do you have to go into the store to get the discount?

That is how I got my Sprint discount. Just show them your Ford ID and they should give it to you.

#10 OFFLINE   Pioneer

Pioneer

No brakes? No problem!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,676 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

The coverage is great and the customer support is far better, I would never go back to Sprint again even if they where $40 cheaper.

How is the reception inside your plant with Verizon? I have been in 3 different plants and I could barely get a signal with Sprint.

#11 OFFLINE   fmccap

fmccap

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,637 posts
  • Joined 19-March 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

How is the reception inside your plant with Verizon? I have been in 3 different plants and I could barely get a signal with Sprint.

Coverage inside the plant used to suck , after they partnered with Ford all of us with Verizon suddenly get great reception.

"Governments have nothing. They can't create anything, they never have. All they can do is steal from one group and give it to another at the destruction of the principles of freedom, and we ought to challenge that concept." – Ron Paul

#12 OFFLINE   madime39

madime39

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 31-March 08
  • Current Vehicle:x

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

That is how I got my Sprint discount. Just show them your Ford ID and they should give it to you.

Great - thanks! Coverage is better than any other company I've been with. Most of Wixom was good, AAI sucked, Saline's crystal clear. Must just depend on where you're at.

#13 OFFLINE   lquidspine

lquidspine

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Joined 11-September 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

I only have a few spots on the main floor in paint I lose my signal, everywhere else I have no problems. That was another issue I had with Sprint, when I signed up with them they where doing something with Ford and there where plenty of spots even outside the buildings that I could not get a signal.

The biggest warning I would give anyone thinking about Sprint is watch your bill and the charges. 6 months after I started with them I noticed they where overcharging me $25 a month I then tried for the next 6 months to resolve the issue. Long story short I dropped them before my contract was done. This was after I faxed on several occasions a copy of my original agreement, currently in the process of filling a small claims suite because they are hitting my credit with the early termination fee's that I refuse to pay since they never lived up to the agreement.

Edited by lquidspine, 07 April 2009 - 07:48 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   MSP_M/R

MSP_M/R

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

I was with Sprint for 4 yrs. After getting jerked around I went to Verizon and been with them for 12 years.
I can't say enough on how happy I am. I am tied to no contracts unless I get a new phone.
Recently, wife got a new Blackberry for $40 out the door and we got one free. It just sits...maybe new home phone.
We pay $140 for 4 cells, unlimited text and picture, 1000 minutes.
The best thing is verizon to verizon calling is free and the primary number gets yearly deals on new equipment.
We used our cells to communicate between trades on the plant floor for smoother job flow and I never experienced a dropped call...even in the basement under tons of concrete. You can't go wrong.

Support a company that supports us which ever you decide.

#15 OFFLINE   firedude26

firedude26

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined 01-December 06

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

I was with Sprint for 4 yrs. After getting jerked around I went to Verizon and been with them for 12 years.
I can't say enough on how happy I am. I am tied to no contracts unless I get a new phone.
Recently, wife got a new Blackberry for $40 out the door and we got one free. It just sits...maybe new home phone.
We pay $140 for 4 cells, unlimited text and picture, 1000 minutes.
The best thing is verizon to verizon calling is free and the primary number gets yearly deals on new equipment.
We used our cells to communicate between trades on the plant floor for smoother job flow and I never experienced a dropped call...even in the basement under tons of concrete. You can't go wrong.

Support a company that supports us which ever you decide.

Sprint is awsume in WAP they have repeaters in the plant. i have 5 phones 2 with data, unlimited text and pic on all, 1500 mins, never go over, sprint to sprint is free, weekends free, free after 7pm. i cant beat them, plus you have Sprint ford motor support, no talking to pedro in india, all english speaking people and have never waited more than 2-3 mins , all problems taken care of.

#16 OFFLINE   Indy

Indy

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 18-May 06

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

Do you have to go into the store to get the discount? I've been with Verizon for years, but when I went to the their website to sign-up for the discount, it required me to enter a work phone#. Had no idea what # to use, and just never followed up, but I didn't realize the discount was so high.

I had to go to the Verizon store to get my discount. I had to take my company I.D. and a recent pay stub. They made a copy, filled out a form for me and it was on there the next month.

BTW, it's 19% off of the first line only if you have a family plan and 25% off of accessories and hardware.... I'm pretty sure AT&T is the same way with the first line thing, not sure about Sprint. I've been with Verizon since they were GTE, and have always gotten great reception here in Indianapolis, inside the plant and out. Their customer service is top notch too...

#17 OFFLINE   MTP_UAW

MTP_UAW

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 10-November 04
  • Interests: Ford Motor Company

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

Sprint's reception is nothing short of awesome inside Wayne Assembly and Wayne I.S.A. I've had a few 10% spots inside MTP though, go figure.

Edited by MTP_UAW, 07 April 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   fordtpworker1993

fordtpworker1993

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 17-December 05

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, no complaints and have a good signal in DTP final. I looked into Verizon last year and Sprint's family plans were cheaper with more minutes, maybe its changed.
NO MORE CONCESSIONS

#19 OFFLINE   allin

allin

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

Keep an eye on your verizon bill for the discount. I lost mine at one time when I added phones or ???? I could have gotten money back had I saved a bill that showed I had the discount at one time. It comes addressed to Ford Motor Company and me so along the way I lost out on quite a bit of money. Reception has been great.

#20 OFFLINE   firedude26

firedude26

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined 01-December 06

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

I had to go to the Verizon store to get my discount. I had to take my company I.D. and a recent pay stub. They made a copy, filled out a form for me and it was on there the next month.

BTW, it's 19% off of the first line only if you have a family plan and 25% off of accessories and hardware.... I'm pretty sure AT&T is the same way with the first line thing, not sure about Sprint. I've been with Verizon since they were GTE, and have always gotten great reception here in Indianapolis, inside the plant and out. Their customer service is top notch too...

sprint is 23% off all phones on account, 25% off accessories