New member & question about rear center seat removal

08expynsc

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and need some information. We bought my wife a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition back in August. We absolutely love this vehicle and the only issue we have had was one of the TPMS sensors came loose the first day we had it. The dealer fixed this issue and we have been trouble free for 8500 miles and I hope it continues that way.

Anyway, we have the power folding third row seats and the 40/20/40 second row seats. I know you can get the Expys without the 2nd row center seat so if you have the center seat like we do, can that seat easily be removed for easier access to the third row. We have 2 young boys that have carseats installed in the outer seats in the second row and there are times when my wife needs to carry extra people and it would be easier to access the third row if we did not have the center seat.

If anyone has removed this seat or knows if it is possible, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and need some information. We bought my wife a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition back in August. We absolutely love this vehicle and the only issue we have had was one of the TPMS sensors came loose the first day we had it. The dealer fixed this issue and we have been trouble free for 8500 miles and I hope it continues that way.

Anyway, we have the power folding third row seats and the 40/20/40 second row seats. I know you can get the Expys without the 2nd row center seat so if you have the center seat like we do, can that seat easily be removed for easier access to the third row. We have 2 young boys that have carseats installed in the outer seats in the second row and there are times when my wife needs to carry extra people and it would be easier to access the third row if we did not have the center seat.

If anyone has removed this seat or knows if it is possible, please let me know.

Thanks.

Yes you can. Just remove the plastic covers that are on top of the bolts-they just pull off. Then remove the bolts. I think there is 6 or 8. You can tape over the holes and put a carpet over that area or if you like it like that, buy a floor mat made for the Expy with second row captains chairs. Ebay has a bunch of them. I tried it and liked it but needed the seat too many times.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread-but i removed my seat then put it back in and now it will not slide all the way back on the track like it once did. As a result of this, i cannot fold it flat as it now hits the front center console...any ideas???

Thanks for the help in advance!