Taurus SHO Tire sizes?

just dummied an order, the tires ARE in fact 245/45's..........

You sure they are 245s on the 20inchers or 255s? You said 255 for 19 inch tires...would be strange to go with a slightly narrow tire when you go up a size...

Anyways..the 255s are slighty cheaper then 245 when it comes to 20 inch wheels (all season), but the thing that blows is the 20inchers from Ford are summer only tires....kinda useless on an AWD car in the winter!

You sure they are 245s on the 20inchers or 255s? You said 255 for 19 inch tires...would be strange to go with a slightly narrow tire when you go up a size...

Anyways..the 255s are slighty cheaper then 245 when it comes to 20 inch wheels (all season), but the thing that blows is the 20inchers from Ford are summer only tires....kinda useless on an AWD car in the winter!

thats straight off a dummied order....I'll now verify the 19's..........OK, doesnt say on the actual order but the guide has a misprint i think...reads as follows....19 inch premium painted alum wheels mounted on? ( does that even make sense? ) P255/45vr19 BSW Tires...hers the quirk....Optional 20" premium painted Alum wheels mounted on ( shouldn't TIRES be mounted on rims and not vice versa????? ) P245/45VR19 BSW Tires.....going to be interesting to see how Ford manages to mount 19 inch tires on 20 inch rims....LOL!

thats straight off a dummied order....I'll now verify the 19's..........OK, doesnt say on the actual order but the guide has a misprint i think...reads as follows....19 inch premium painted alum wheels mounted on? ( does that even make sense? ) P255/45vr19 BSW Tires...hers the quirk....Optional 20" premium painted Alum wheels mounted on ( shouldn't TIRES be mounted on rims and not vice versa????? ) P245/45VR19 BSW Tires.....going to be interesting to see how Ford manages to mount 19 inch tires on 20 inch rims....LOL!

:hysterical:

Anyway, both Taurus SHO units on display at the Chicago Auto Show had P245/45R20 99V Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. Curiously, these are the same tires that are offered as an option on the Lincoln MKS. I'm not sure if this wheel/tire combination will be available as a standalone option on the production SHO; Ford's press release indicates the SHO Performance Package includes "summer-compound 20-inch Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires on premium painted wheels."

:hysterical:

Anyway, both Taurus SHO units on display at the Chicago Auto Show had P245/45R20 99V Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. Curiously, these are the same tires that are offered as an option on the Lincoln MKS. I'm not sure if this wheel/tire combination will be available as a standalone option on the production SHO; Ford's press release indicates the SHO Performance Package includes "summer-compound 20-inch Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires on premium painted wheels."

There are two ways of getting the 20 inchers -- the Performance Package with Summer tires, or the stand alone option with all seasons.