transit connect

Deanh

Ok, just spec'd out some Transit Connects....MSRPS range from219ish to 24ish...this is what is interesting. They come in 4 models toatl Xl, and XLT in VAN, and WAGON ( Wagon has the rear seats standard, vans N/A just two front seats....funnily enough the Wagons are CHEAPER than the vans?????? ie...SAME equip XLT Van=$24260...inv 22611, Wagon $23905 and $22331....go figure. So the XLs are Van $22260...inv 20854, Wagon $21980, inv $20636...leads me to wonder if anyone will buy a van, or just rip the rear seat out of a wagon, save money and actually have the rear seat option.....

Ok, just spec'd out some Transit Connects....MSRPS range from219ish to 24ish...this is what is interesting. They come in 4 models toatl Xl, and XLT in VAN, and WAGON ( Wagon has the rear seats standard, vans N/A just two front seats....funnily enough the Wagons are CHEAPER than the vans?????? ie...SAME equip XLT Van=$24260...inv 22611, Wagon $23905 and $22331....go figure. So the XLs are Van $22260...inv 20854, Wagon $21980, inv $20636...leads me to wonder if anyone will buy a van, or just rip the rear seat out of a wagon, save money and actually have the rear seat option.....

Could the van have a built in cage/divider to separate the cargo from the driver? I know that when you have an upfitter put one with a pass thru door in it in an E Series (ours all have it) it is not cheap.

Could the van have a built in cage/divider to separate the cargo from the driver? I know that when you have an upfitter put one with a pass thru door in it in an E Series (ours all have it) it is not cheap.

nope, pricing is sans upfit.....or such options as Ford Work Solutions crew cheif option ( onboard device that tracks location, speed, idle time with optional vehicle diagnostics and maintenence reports!!!!!!!!!!! wild stuff )

• 5 months later...

Due to tarriffs on cargo vehicles being imported, all Transit Connects are built as wagons and imported. The carg van versions are converted once they arrive at the port. That is why there is not a big difference in pricing between cargo vans and wagons.

• 2 years later...

I, for one, am awaiting the "next gen" Connect (please Ford, drop the "Transit" label in front of Connect !).

Once it gets an appropriately sized 4 cylinder engine and a decent 6 speed automatic. it could make a nice mini-family hauler. If it had AWD (which would not be a big issue being it will be built on the C1 platform) and could haul a 2000 lb trailer, you would have a lot of Honda Element buyers checking it out !

I just got in the market for one. For my needs I need a Wagon with windows. I was amused as the first salesman told me "ya know there aren't alot of these out there" Ya just like diamonds are rare buddy. So after a few visits to dealers that actually have the vehicle in stock I was able to get em to 1200 below invoice mine being 22k on a 24600msrp. No adxz plan or blood type test required. I figure it's fair I'll probably pull the trigger unless anyone else has a recommendation.