06' Fusion SJB Replacement

azharaleem

Hello everyone, Dealer suggested to replace the SJB Module (Fuse Box) as it is rusted due to water leakage....total cost (more than $600)...can't afford.

I found the SJB module from a junk yard and plan to replace it by myself. Anyone knows if it is easier to do it and I won't blow up anything, and also whether my vehicle key will work with the new module or not, I only have one key? or if I'll need to visit the dealer again. They already skimmed $95 just to tell me that I've to replace SJB. ANy response is highly appreciated

Well a fuse box replacement isn't all that tough if you are 12V-inclined, but judging by what you say about worrying about blowing up things, and please don't take this the wrong way, it's probably best if you have a pro do it.

I'm not sure if the keys are married to this module or another one. If they are, you'll have problems programming the new one due to the fact that you need the original 2 keys to put into programming mode, unless you are a dealer. Again, probably best to have a pro do it.