#1 OFFLINE   goodguy9544

goodguy9544

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-September 08

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

How can I find out the recommended service/maintenance schedule for 2006 Milan? Also, is it important to adhere strictly to the recommended schedule or are there things I can consider as "optional"? I want this car to last me a long time, but I don't want to have service done that isn't really necessary.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• Blue Oval Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

How can I find out the recommended service/maintenance schedule for 2006 Milan? Also, is it important to adhere strictly to the recommended schedule or are there things I can consider as "optional"? I want this car to last me a long time, but I don't want to have service done that isn't really necessary.

It should be in the package with the owner's manual in the glovebox or you can get both of them online at
https://www.fleet.fo...als/default.asp

Other than fluids and filters most of the recommendations are just inspections, but I wouldn't exceed the recommended maintenance intervals on anything that gets replaced (fluids, filters especially). The recommended intervals are quite lengthy already.