2010 Buick LaCrosse spied with MKS

BORG

...And don't they look a like!

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/new2010buicklacrossespy/

The MKS is still much bigger, clearly! Although they look very similar from the outside, however the LaCrosse has some neater proportions and design refinement IMO.

The interiors are wildly different, with the MKS far more traditional and the LaCrosse far more progressive. Not saying one is better, but the MKS clearly has a much more luxurious cabin with finer materials (more Jaguar than Lexus).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hysterical:

Lincoln = Buick

Cadillac, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes > Lincoln

Have you looked at the outside?

The MKS has a hue chunk of REAL wood framed by aluminum underlining it's dashboard, the Buick is one large piece of injection molded plastic, along with it's fake wood stripe. The MKS is packed with features and materials that have never been seen in any Buick sedan.

The LaCrosee is a great looking product, certainly better than the 2010 MKZ, but for me it comes down to content and value. GM vehicles have been devoid of features and content which is always obscured by design, Ford remains the content leader in Detroit, BY FAR.

Ford seems to be the only one committed to AWD chassis, and I'm not sure if this is paying off for them or not. I have to say that AWD, for me, is the key to my loyalty to their brands. In Michigan, AWD makes my winter Morning and Evening commutes stress free ;), and that's worth a lot to me. If you don't offer AWD on your car, I'm not buying it, simple as that! No matter how good it looks, nothing will ever replace that peace of mind. And besides, AWD is fun in bad weather :)

Edited by BORG

Ford seems to be the only one committed to AWD chassis, and I'm not sure if this is paying off for them or not. I have to say that AWD, for me, is the key to my loyalty to their brands. In Michigan, AWD makes my winter Morning and Evening commutes stress free ;), and that's worth a lot to me. If you don't offer AWD on your car, I'm not buying it, simple as that! No matter how good it looks, nothing will ever replace that peace of mind. And besides, AWD is fun in bad weather :)

AWD is great, I agree! My Fusion has tons of traction. I love it in the snow!

BTW...That Buick interior that P71 is having orgasms over...looks like they ripped it out of a '95 Skylark with all that curvy crap. He tries to say he doesn't love it, but you know he does.

It looks like it's already out in China as the Regal

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/19/2010-bu...sting-in-china/

Looks like an MKS knock-off to me.

No, that's a different car. The Regal is essentially a rebadged Opel Invicta. It doesn't help that the Buick Lacrosse concept was also called the Invicta.

This is what the LaCrosse will essentially look like. It is a brilliant design.

buick_invicta_concept_2.jpg

Buick-Invicta-rendering-10-lg.jpg

Edited by BORG

The MKS has a hue chunk of REAL wood framed by aluminum underlining it's dashboard, the Buick is one large piece of injection molded plastic, along with it's fake wood stripe. The MKS is packed with features and materials that have never been seen in any Buick sedan.

The LaCrosee is a great looking product, certainly better than the 2010 MKZ, but for me it comes down to content and value. GM vehicles have been devoid of features and content which is always obscured by design, Ford remains the content leader in Detroit, BY FAR.

Right.....

What exactly does this new LaCrosse not have that the Lincoln Taurus does?

Does the Lincoln Taurus have a blind spot sensing system in the outside mirrors? Does the Lincoln Taurus have a heated washer fluid reservoir?

Right.....

Does the Lincoln Taurus have a blind spot sensing system in the outside mirrors? Does the Lincoln Taurus have a heated washer fluid reservoir?

I believe that the MKS will have the blind spot sensing system added in about 6 months. The MKS doesn't have a heated washer fluid reservoir, but neither will any GM products going forward because GM has removed that option from all of its vehicles.

Right.....

First, let me preface this by saying (for the second time) that the MKS was a concept way before the Five Hundred was renamed the Taurus. So everytime you and Army say that, P, it's inaccurate.

Second... does the LaCrosse have a blind-spot sensing system? Has that been released? Have ANY official (not speculative) specs been released by GM North America? (Emphasis because the US is NOT getting the Regal sold in China as our LaCrosse here)

Third... GM is getting ready to completely phase out heated washer fluid reservoirs on every vehicle it makes. So to answer that, "no, and most likely neither will the LaCrosse. :lol: "

Now, I like the LaCrosse as far as the spy shots I've seen, but I'm going to go on record as the first person to say this: The LaCrosse looks like it's going to have Mazda6 taillights. :P

Right.....

Why do you call the MKS the MKTaurus, they don't look shit alike.

Second... does the LaCrosse have a blind-spot sensing system? Has that been released? Have ANY official (not speculative) specs been released by GM North America? (Emphasis because the US is NOT getting the Regal sold in China as our LaCrosse here)

Read BORG's quote again...he did not say anything about feature content on the LaCrosse specifically...he was referencing Buick as a whole...and the Lucerne DOES have a blind spot sensing system and heater washer fluid.

"The blind-spot alert ($395) uses radar to let the driver see what's hiding alongside Lucerne."

Third... GM is getting ready to completely phase out heated washer fluid reservoirs on every vehicle it makes. So to answer that, "no, and most likely neither will the LaCrosse. :lol: "

Again, BORG was talking about feature content of the Buick brand...not specifically the Lacrosse. I did not realize that it was being phased out.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Read BORG's quote again...he did not say anything about feature content on the LaCrosse specifically...he was referencing Buick as a whole...and the Lucerne DOES have a blind spot sensing system and heater washer fluid.

"The blind-spot alert ($395) uses radar to let the driver see what's hiding alongside Lucerne."

That's all well and good... for the Lucerne. We're talking about the new LaCrosse.

They don't even know when they're gonna replace the Lucerne yet.

Does the Lincoln Taurus have a heated washer fluid reservoir?

I'm not so sure the heated washer fluid reservoir is anything to boast about. GM just recalled over 100,000 Acadias, Enclaves and Outlooks because the heater washer system was prone to catching fire.

Edited by MarkFive