Lincoln Navigator Expecting A Diesel

mkz09nav

http://dikarockz.blogspot.com/2008/04/spie...-v8-diesel.html

Copy this link into your address bar and read what is to expect in the 2010 lincoln navigator. I think that the Lincoln Navigator should have the diesel option a standard feature and have the expedition have this as a option. Look what cadillac has done they gave the escalade a 6.2l V8. The tahoe and denali have the smaller engine. What Ford needs to do is have there Luxury brands have a different option than the simple ford products. I mean all the other brands do cadillac has a different engine option than GMC and Chevrolet. Ford is doing a fantastic job with ride and interior but need to change the options on engine choses.

post-34336-1220312780_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

i have all but given up on ford or gm ever bringing to life the smaller diesel s for the navigator/expedition lineup. gm has all but mothballed the v6 duramax suburbans.

given the billlions and billions of dollars that the big 3 are losing, the cost of a new plants for new diesels in not in the cards now or in the near future imo.

mercedes now has the v6 diesel in the e class, r class, gl and ml class.....and the 4 cyl diesel is due for the c class 2010.

i bet either toyota or nissan brings their diesels in before gm or ford does. ford s relationship with navistar is on thin ice. i believe navistar sued ford for 100 s of millions for all but canceling the the v6 powerstroke.

i test drove a benz gl320 , nice ride, but a 10 minute test drive is not enough to commit to a 60k plus vehicle.

• 2 months later...

the way i read this article, the navistar/ford deal is done at end of 2009 ? only to supply ford with diesels in s america market.

imo the way things are going economy wise, you ll be lucky to see any navigators in 2010 let alone a diesel set up.

reason for buying a diesel are less attractive now given diesel fuel costs more than gas, and fuel economy isnt that great on new emmision laden diesel engines.

barrel of oil my be cheap now, but the taxes that are on gas/diesel fuel are going to jump to make up for all the shortfalls from other areas ...

• 1 month later...