And the winner will be?

CSMJ

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is needed is less government and massive tax cuts, not more government meddling. which caused the problems in the first place.

Considering the US deficit, tax cuts are great! Go for it!

As to "government meddling which caused the problems in the first place."

Please give examples of "government meddling" and what the precise nature of these problems is. Otherwise, all we have here are just more brain-farts. A little more intellectual rigor would be appreciated; that way, we are regaled with what you KNOW, instead of what you BELIEVE. :)

Please give examples of "government meddling" and what the precise nature of these problems is. Otherwise, all we have here are just more brain-farts. A little more intellectual rigor would be appreciated; that way, we are regaled with what you KNOW, instead of what you BELIEVE. :)

The government mandating the increased use of Ethanol. It has done more harm than good. Gas prices still went up and what was added to the equation is that Food prices went up as a result of it. Who is hurt in the end once again, us the American People.

Edstock,

May I help Mr Trim out on this one?

Meddeling= creating a false market in a FREE market for fuel by denying drilling for same.

Meddeling=driving food prices up by demanding we use corn to supply ourselves fuel with same, then going along and subsidizing it in a free market. (of course it never woulda had to happen, if the didn't meddle in drilling)

Meddeling= making a person of a minority pay a HIGHER rate than those in the majority for taxes. (minority in this case is equivelant to being wealthy..........or the perception of having one more dollar than the majority)

Meddeling= Trying to promote your agenda through the back door (AKA ECO-SHANG-RI-LA) by denying for any reason imaginable the building of needed refinerys in the last 32 years.

Meddeling= FORCING people who like basketball to go to a school where all they wanna do is play chess. (AKA, BUSING)

Meddeling= Telling parents that in no way can they discipline their children out of what is government mandated norms, and yet they are responsible if their children do anything wrong if they are under 18.

Meddeling= Telling American workers that they have to pay a special tax just because they are Americans and not Chinese, making it virtually impossible for American workers to compete that build anything.

Meddeling= Telling Americans that they can't build a new home on land they purchased with THEIR OWN AMERICAN DOLLARS, because some insignificant insect resides there.

These are just small examples of meddeling that our government chooses to employ against its citizens. Democrats are NOT SOLEY responsible for the being of these ridiculous rules, but they have so many more they would like to add on by Mr Obama, and Maddam Pelosis own admission. Have you taken the time to listen to WHAT MR OBAMA SAYS, and NOT HOW HE SAYS IT?!?!?!?!

In closing, I would like to point out to all of you how farcial the base of the democratic strategy is---------------->whenever someone addresses the difference between the ideas at the republican national convention, they say OPPONENTS, Mr. Obama, Obama, BIDEN, or Mr BIDEN.

On the other hand, when you hear it from the dems, it is GEORGE BUSH, lolol. Fact check, Mcain/Palin are the candidates.

Mr Obamas ideas (those that he has actually spoken to, and those are few and far between) resonate of Jimmy Carter. Would you like us to now show parallels to Obama and JC? Fortunately, most people understand it is NOT Jimmy Carter running against George Bush, it is John Mcain against Barack Obama, so for INTELLIGENT people, it is a huge waste of time. Or maybe some of you old school liberals haven't noticed because you are stuck in a time warp who actually is running, lolololol!!!!!!!

Mr Obamas ideas (those that he has actually spoken to, and those are few and far between)

Where are McCains ideas???

These last 2 days of the convention were all proping up his biography and trashing Obama(I don't like him either for the record). All you hear is we don't need bad change, we need good change.

The part I seem to be missing is what is that change?

Where are McCains ideas???

These last 2 days of the convention were all proping up his biography and trashing Obama(I don't like him either for the record). All you hear is we don't need bad change, we need good change.

The part I seem to be missing is what is that change?

1. drill, drill, drill.

2. reform, reform, reform.

3. cut spending, spending, spending.

4. cut taxes, taxes, taxes.

5. quit doing the largest transfer of wealth in human history, from the United States of America to oil rich nations that may, or may not be our friends, depending upon if they had a good bowel movement in the morning as they sat on the toilet in their palaces.

Shouldn't you be more worried about paying off your debt before you really cut taxes to drastically? I mean, at $450B debt, our country pays about $35B a year in debt service. I can't even imagine what yours is. If you don't start paying that, its going to keep growing and your going to pass it on to future generations.

Shouldn't you be more worried about paying off your debt before you really cut taxes to drastically? I mean, at $450B debt, our country pays about $35B a year in debt service. I can't even imagine what yours is. If you don't start paying that, its going to keep growing and your going to pass it on to future generations.

Well, that depends on how you look at it. If you grow the economy, that causes taxing events when people spend money. The more they spend, the more is taxed. In essence, you actually raise the tax base if you can foster economic growth, eventhough you lower individual tax rates. Where you run into a problem though is if you give a tax cut, then people send the money out of the country to purchase oil. (AKA, gasoline) That money then does not circulate inside the borders causing taxable events, over, and over, and over again.

This is exactly why I am a proponent of drill, drill, drill; along with helping the Canadian energy industry getting its oil reserves going. Tis better to keep all 3 countrys (Mexico, the US, and Canadas) money in the Americas where we can support one another and keep a tax base through the taxable event theory, then sending it over to the Middle East where you never know from one day to the other who is friend or foe.

Well, that depends on how you look at it. If you grow the economy, that causes taxing events when people spend money. The more they spend, the more is taxed. In essence, you actually raise the tax base if you can foster economic growth, eventhough you lower individual tax rates. Where you run into a problem though is if you give a tax cut, then people send the money out of the country to purchase oil. (AKA, gasoline) That money then does not circulate inside the borders causing taxable events, over, and over, and over again.

This is exactly why I am a proponent of drill, drill, drill; along with helping the Canadian energy industry getting its oil reserves going. Tis better to keep all 3 countrys (Mexico, the US, and Canadas) money in the Americas where we can support one another and keep a tax base through the taxable event theory, then sending it over to the Middle East where you never know from one day to the other who is friend or foe.

I agree with that, I just think its important to get the US government back on stable financial ground, you are the world protector after all. Just want you to be ready to handle a big problem if it comes up.

Edited by suv_guy_19

4rd4life. Don't take nothing I say personal. I was just trying to get your ol mojo going. I like reading your responses so keep it up. Sorry I didn't respond back last night. I was watching the repulican national convention on fox. So my democratic friend no hard feelings. P.S. I will try to use spell check more offten or is it often?

I didn't get a chance to get on last night I had a big job that had to go, guy was leaving today for a horse rescue in Mi. but as well I had my TV on in the shop "MSNBC" and watched the RNC.

What did you think about Palin's speech, I thought it would have been a little more subtle, you could tell she was reading from a TelePrompter, and it appeared when they would show her family they were kinda shocked at some of the things she said, I don't think the speech they wrote for her portrays her as the the person she really is.

And don't worry about the spell check I was just giving you a hard time know I what you mean, I'm surprised I don't have letters missing everywhere using this damn cordless keyboard on my lap. Got to watch McCain tonight, maybe "CNN" joke have a good night my Republican Friend.

You honestly don't see the "liberal bias" in that article??? This is the AP, not the Daily Kos or the Huffington Press. The media definately has a dog in this hunt which is truely a sad thing, objective news reporting is one of the cornerstones of our freedom and it's gone... what's next.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...lin-Gender-Card

Watch that video, and lets see what kind of comeback you have. :hysterical:

Classic! Karl Rove really is the King of the Douchebags, followed closely by Dick Morris and Hannity. If the Democrats pick Kaine a former Mayor of a city of 200.000 Lt Gov and 3 year Governor he's not qualified to be VP. Palin a former Mayor of a town of 9,000 (actually around 5,600 during her terms) and a Governor of the 48th state in population for less than 2 years is completely qualified. If Hillary complains about her treatment in the press she's a whiner (so says Gov. Palin) No one should look into Ms. Palin's past or question her qualifications. If they do they are sexists.

Our pundits can criticize your candidates. Your pundits cannot criticize our candidates. Sadly, only Stewart and Colbert are putting the clips side by side.

what do john edwards and john mccain have in common?

they both cheated on their wives!

but mccain one up edwards he even married his mistress before he was divorce from his first wife!

Not to stir the pot any, did you see their now saying Palin cheated on her husband, with his business partner thats why he sold the business, politics make for strange bed partners John Slong McCain, and Sara Barracuda.

Tax cuts create jobs, therefore more tax-payers, therefore more revenue. As for government meddling, let's start with FDR and the New Deal, or you could go all the way back to Alexander Hamilton who started the government on the road to controlling the monetary system. Now there is one screwed up mess. You are now in violation of the law without even knowing it. They can pick and choose who they want to arrest. That is how the Soviets got their slave labor.

Edited by Trimdingman

I do get a kick out of you guy's, really.

Why not talk about something that really points out a man's character, like in 2004 Michele Obama was working for the University of Illinois hospital making $121,910, Barak gets elected to the Senate and lo and behold Michele gets a raise to $316,962 in 2005 and coincidently Barak realizes that the University hospital needs a new pavilion so in 2006 he puts in for a $1,000,000 earmark for them.... pretty good return on their investment I'd say.

Edited by mulewright

Tax cuts create jobs, therefore more tax-payers, therefore more revenue. As for government meddling, let's start with FDR and the New Deal, or you could go all the way back to Alexander Hamilton who started the government on the road to controlling the monetary system. Now there is one screwed up mess. You are now in violation of the law without even knowing it. They can pick and choose who they want to arrest. That is how the Soviets got their slave labor.

Another thing that we don't even know is that the Federal Reserve is that same thing that is a burden on us now.

Our entire energy situation in this country is a result of government meddling....

France produces almost 3/4 of their electricity with nuclear power yet we can't build any new plants here.

We haven't built a gasoline refinery in 30 years.

In the US you can't drill in the places where there is oil.

High oil prices and ethanol production is pushing up food prices.

The current situation in the auto industry is a direct result of higher oil prices.

Edited by mulewright

1. drill, drill, drill.

2. reform, reform, reform.

3. cut spending, spending, spending.

5. quit doing the largest transfer of wealth in human history, from the United States of America to oil rich nations that may, or may not be our friends, depending upon if they had a good bowel movement in the morning as they sat on the toilet in their palaces.

1. That's not McCain then. Here is a video from the Palin from June and she even says McCain id dead wrong. I also wonder if she will stay the same now that she is in the big time as far as politics, I prefer an elected official who is going to do there job(I think she is good now but time will tell if she just falls into the same old same old). Another interesting point she makes back then is why don't they actually leave it to the Free Market and asks the question why don't you ever hear any of them talk about it.

2. I have not seen anything on this, well at least not Real Reform just more government meddling.

3. The most I hear him talk about is pork, we know it's a problem but compared to the enormous programs it's peanuts. I want to hear about cutting PROGRAMS and DEPARTMENTS that would save massive amounts of money and shrink our government.

4. There has been a lot of flip flops with him on this so without looking further into it I don't know. I know recently he said he would not raise them but was questioned about raising the SS tax and the respose I heard was "spin".

5. We don't get as much oil from over there as people think. This goes back to number 1, what are his real views on drilling. That is the only way we stop that. Back in the late 90's I believe he opposed offshore drilling.

P.S. I agree he is better than Obama but neither of them are good for this country. We need that "populist" you mentioned soon because these two parties are destroying this country. Replace Paul with that unknown populist.

A Speech for the RNC

Honesty, integrity and principle, these are words that are laughed at when used to describe a politician. However, this is not true when these words are used to describe Ron Paul. Dr. Paul´s reputation on capital hill is exemplary. His fellow congressmen and the lobbyists that court them know of Ron Paul´s honesty and strict adherence to the Constitution, and they shun him for it. It is a lonely job to stand up for the citizens of this fine nation if you are their representative and attempt to actually represent their interests and honor the oath of office that every elected federal official must take. That is the type of leader this nation needs, that is the type of leader this nation thirsts for, and it is this kind of leadership, honest leadership, principled leadership, which can root out the corruption and return this government of the people, by the people and for the people back to the people. Ron Paul´s candidacy has been termed by some as a revolution, with the word love highlighted. This second American Revolution that has chosen him as its symbol is not a revolution of violence and hatred, but a peaceful revolution of love instead of force. It´s an understanding that freedom holds within it the power to transform this entire planet into a world where human interactions work on a voluntary basis and no one is more equal than their neighbor. It is the realization that the Constitution was written to protect the common man from an unencumbered, unreasonable power that is known as The State. It is the knowledge that this idea is not something that can be thwarted by simply ignoring the words as they are written, but that the concept itself lives on regardless of whether or not The State suggests otherwise. It is these simple concepts that we must move forward, these precepts on which our country, our culture, our society was based on. To lose these concepts means to lose what it is to be American. The people of this nation know this intrinsically, and it is for this reason they will vote for Ron Paul. It is for this reason Ron Paul will win if he is presented before the American people as the Republican candidate, for freedom is a powerful message, and truth is the most powerful ally."

I still plan on writing in my vote for Ron Paul, for I refuse to vote for either of these two major party candidates who I find despicable. Both McCain and Obama will do nothing to shrink government. It will continue to grow like a cancer upon mankind until it metastasizes and kills its host. I refuse to be a part of a system that continues to infringe upon the rights of my fellow human beings. I refuse to voluntarily take part in a system that continues to steal from me and my neighbors. It seems America has been given a choice between communism or fascism, and I will not vote for either one. I desire only my freedom, and I pray that enough people come to realize they are no longer truly free and begin to do something about it before it´s too late.

P.S.S. Was your supervisor Mike K?

Edited by fmccap

1. That's not McCain then. Here is a video from the Palin from June and she even says McCain id dead wrong. I also wonder if she will stay the same now that she is in the big time as far as politics, I prefer an elected official who is going to do there job(I think she is good now but time will tell if she just falls into the same old same old). Another interesting point she makes back then is why don't they actually leave it to the Free Market and asks the question why don't you ever hear any of them talk about it.

2. I have not seen anything on this, well at least not Real Reform just more government meddling.

3. The most I hear him talk about is pork, we know it's a problem but compared to the enormous programs it's peanuts. I want to hear about cutting PROGRAMS and DEPARTMENTS that would save massive amounts of money and shrink our government.

4. There has been a lot of flip flops with him on this so without looking further into it I don't know. I know recently he said he would not raise them but was questioned about raising the SS tax and the respose I heard was "spin".

5. We don't get as much oil from over there as people think. This goes back to number 1, what are his real views on drilling. That is the only way we stop that. Back in the late 90's I believe he opposed offshore drilling.

P.S. I agree he is better than Obama but neither of them are good for this country. We need that "populist" you mentioned soon because these two parties are destroying this country. Replace Paul with that unknown populist.

A Speech for the RNC

P.S.S. Was your supervisor Mike K?

Mike K. Hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds familiar, had a Mike who was short, kinda round, and a decent guy, but for the life of me can't remember his last name. Been out of Ford to long, and am probably acquiring a mild case of 'OLDTIMERS" desease, lolol.

As you notice, I frequesnt this site less, and less, and less. So, my memories of Ford grow dimmer.

I have started devoting more of my energy to a passion that I have had for quite some time. It is political, and you would be proud of me. It pays pretty well, (although I still hold my other job) and eventhough I am now a seasoned citizen, my sense of wit and humor has paid dividends once I finally used them in the marketplace.

If I continue to be successful, maybe I will get to shake the hand of Vice President Palin. I certainly hope I remember red light, green light from Ford, and don't have the autoworkers tendency to stare at her boobs, lolololol.

Wish me well Mr Cap, and please stay in touch!!!! I don't always agree with your summation, but once you learn to use the system, I have confidence you will be one of those who has the audacity to change it.

• 4 weeks later...