Ford A plan

oldfashioned

its approximately $1000 off every $7000 on the sticker price. if the car stickers for $28,000 the approx. A-plan price would be $24,000

Hi ktpworker. :D Unfortunately, that is not the case. Perhaps that figure works for a vehicle you purchased, but every vehicle can/will be different.

Again, I use the figures from my MKZ (all in my earlier post, so anyone can double check them). The MSRP was $31,775. Divide that by 7,000 and you get 4.539 (and change). So that would be $4,539 off the MSRP.

Using your calculation, that would give us an A-Plan price of $27,236. Again, as I mentioned in my earlier post, the actual A-Plan price on my MKZ was $28,821.

That is a difference of -$1,585. That is not even close to the correct amount.

Additionally, I tried that calculation on several other vehicles, and it never comes closer than approximately $800-$900. It may/probably come closer on some vehicles I did not check, but obviously it is not a reliable formula.

I know you and others are trying to be helpful with these calculations, but they only serve to accidentally misinform those who are asking for A-Plan pricing.

The only way to find out the true A-Plan pricing is to either have the Dealer show you the Factory Invoice (as they are required to), check A-Plan pricing on Inventory vehicles on the Ford Employee AXZD-Plan website, or use the calculation formula from the Ford Employee website (Dealer Invoice – Holdback – Advertising Assessment + $75 Administration Fee + AZ Plan Surcharge).

But of course, most/none of us have access to the Holdback, Advertising Fee, and AZ-Plan Surcharge amounts, so our choices for accurate A-Plan pricing are to see Factory Invoice or check online A-Plan pricing.

Again, I realize everyone is trying to help with these rough calculation formulas, but they are not accurate. Sometimes there is no shortcut.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

BB:

I was a Ford salesman and afterward a Ford sales manager for 15 yeas before I worked for the company.

When I ordered cars for A-plan customers the 4.5% rule was the way we figured prices. We would tell the customers we would be a little off, but never by more that $50. This was the way the zone reps told us to calculate it. It was within $50 everytime. Maybe Ford has changed (like everything else) the way the calculate A-plan pricing since I left the dealership side of the business.

Hi partsisparts. :D I completely understand that you are only trying to help, and I hope you (and others) understand that I am not trying to be argumentative. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone. We are all just trying to help.

That is why I also dug up the Factory Invoice for my MKZ, a Taurus X and several other vehicles, and posted the MSRP, Invoice, A-Plan etc. In that way I could provide real numbers that verify what I am stating.

The problem is, these shortcut formulas do not work for most vehicles. And if I or someone else provides bad pricing information, we do a big disservice to whoever we are trying to help. We send out a customer with inaccurate information, who will either be discouraged when they find out the truth, or incorrectly assume a Dealer is trying to rip them off. As I show in my previous post, some of these shortcut formulas will be off as much as $1,500 or more on an average vehicle price.

I am only trying give everyone AXZD-Plan accurate pricing information. Unfortunately, we keep trying to come up with short cut formulas to figure the A-Plan price of vehicles. Now while a particular short cut formula may work for the vehicle that one person purchased in the past, it will not work for the majority of other vehicles that are being asked about.

Again, I certainly understand that the 4.5% deduction may have worked some years ago, but I am providing easily checkable and verifiable proof that it no longer does. Neither does the "$1,000 off for every $7,000 MSRP", etc. etc..

This is just one of those times when we have to figure pricing the old fashioned way, by looking it up.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi partsisparts. :D I completely understand that you are only trying to help, and I hope you (and others) understand that I am not trying to be argumentative. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone. We are all just trying to help.

That is why I also dug up the Factory Invoice for my MKZ, a Taurus X and several other vehicles, and posted the MSRP, Invoice, A-Plan etc. In that way I could provide real numbers that verify what I am stating.

The problem is, these shortcut formulas do not work for most vehicles. And if I or someone else provides bad pricing information, we do a big disservice to whoever we are trying to help. We send out a customer with inaccurate information, who will either be discouraged when they find out the truth, or incorrectly assume a Dealer is trying to rip them off. As I show in my previous post, some of these shortcut formulas will be off as much as $1,500 or more on an average vehicle price.

I am only trying give everyone AXZD-Plan accurate pricing information. Unfortunately, we keep trying to come up with short cut formulas to figure the A-Plan price of vehicles. Now while a particular short cut formula may work for the vehicle that one person purchased in the past, it will not work for the majority of other vehicles that are being asked about.

Again, I certainly understand that the 4.5% deduction may have worked some years ago, but I am providing easily checkable and verifiable proof that it no longer does. Neither does the "$1,000 off for every $7,000 MSRP", etc. etc..

This is just one of those times when we have to figure pricing the old fashioned way, by looking it up.

Good luck! :beerchug:

wow.find the vehicle you want,ask to see the invoice and the a-plan is clearly printed on it.it couldnt be simpler.it doesnt matter how they figure it,thats the price.there is no generic formula that will work on all vehicles.different vehicles provide different amounts of profit,so they allow differing amounts of room for discounting.why is that so difficult?????

wow.find the vehicle you want,ask to see the invoice and the a-plan is clearly printed on it.it couldnt be simpler.it doesnt matter how they figure it,thats the price.there is no generic formula that will work on all vehicles.different vehicles provide different amounts of profit,so they allow differing amounts of room for discounting.why is that so difficult?????

Because people want prices for vehicles that haven't been built yet and they want prices without actually visiting a dealer. Besides, not all dealers will show you the invoice unless you're planning to buy and have a PIN.

Why is that so difficult?

Because people want prices for vehicles that haven't been built yet and they want prices without actually visiting a dealer. Besides, not all dealers will show you the invoice unless you're planning to buy and have a PIN.

If a dealer will not show you the invoice with the A-plan price the best thing to do is leave. Go to another dealer who will be willing to give you the info you want. You are the one with the money, therefore you are in the driver's seat.

when i ordered my truck i had no problem finding out what a plan was on it.the website gives the invoice price which gets you close enough to know if ya wanna do it or not doesnt it??

if you arent planning to buy,why do you care?

dealers are required to show the invoice to a plan buyers.