I am definitely not anti-gay, I just figure that since you were a redneck-homophobic-conservative, it would get you all riled up. I guess I was right...

Seriously though, I'm just having fun with you. It is a non-story, that's why I feel compelled to comment. Once you explain why it's a story, maybe I'll stop commenting.

My wife said she wasn't sure, but that you're one hell of a hairdresser. :P

fld.jpg

So now you don't like rednecks? And why have I got to be homophobic-conserative? Youre really into the name calling, but that's is a liberal tactic. When you don't like the message, attack the messenger. The facts are that Obama's campaign had approached BAM about a possible sponsorship. I live in the greater Charlotte area and indirectly connect the racing "industry" here.

Haircuts are still $0.75.

Edited by Floyd Lawson

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now you don't like rednecks? And why have I got to be homophobic-conservative? You're really into the name calling, but that's is a liberal tactic. When you don't like the message, attack the messenger. The facts are that Obama's campaign had approached BAM about a possible sponsorship. I live in the greater Charlotte area and indirectly connect the racing "industry" here.

Haircuts are still $0.75.

Being a bit of a redneck myself, can't really say that I hate them. I don't know why you have to be a homophobic-conservative, you tell me. That's true, only "liberals" call names (like "flip flopper", "cut & runner", etc.). ;)

Like I said, I'm just having fun with you, don't be so serious. Do you have a link to these "facts" that Obama's campaign had approached BAM? I'm pretty big NASCAR fan and I follow the sport like a big fanatic idiot (listen to NASCAR 128 on Sirius daily, check NASCAR web sites like Jayski daily, watch Speed channel as often as I can, etc.), and nobody is saying that Obama's campaign had approached BAM, it was an independent agent acting on BAM's behalf that contacted all three presidential campaigns. Here's the proof from Ms. BAM herself:

Today, BAM Racing team owner Beth Ann Morgenthau issued the following statement to clear up any confusion from the past few days.

According to Mrs. Morgenthau, “An independent agent, knowing BAM Racing was seeking corporate sponsorship to return to the track, requested permission to connect BAM Racing with all three presidential campaigns. BAM agreed to explore the options. The same independent agent referred to as, ‘a BAM spokesperson’ in the recent Sports Illustrated article, ‘revealed’ what was only tentative, exploratory talks. BAM Racing has decided to heed the advice of the overwhelming response by fans to keep politics out of racing and continue to focus on several other exciting sponsorships soon to be announced.”

And now a second expert calls it a non-story. I'm going out on a limb here but I bet this is not the only thing that is unfathomable to you. If it's a non-story, why the comment?

Simple: you posted a non-story with the objective of some kind of political spin against Obama. As such a posting, it is open to comment, and mine is that it's a non-story. It's also an insight as to how desperate the anti-Obama crowd are, that such a ridiculous piece is trumped as something worthy of attention.

The point is, if you don't like Obama, that's fine, that's your decision, just please try a little harder, do a little better, because this effort is bereft of merit. You can, if you try.

Simple: you posted a non-story with the objective of some kind of political spin against Obama. As such a posting, it is open to comment, and mine is that it's a non-story. It's also an insight as to how desperate the anti-Obama crowd are, that such a ridiculous piece is trumped as something worthy of attention.

The point is, if you don't like Obama, that's fine, that's your decision, just please try a little harder, do a little better, because this effort is bereft of merit. You can, if you try.

Bereft!...impressive....and that's your opinion of which you are entitled to.....I'm sure you understand entitlement....

Floyd,

SECOND REQUEST

Do you have a link to these "facts" that Obama's campaign had approached BAM?

No. I've heard this from several people in my circle of business associates several weeks before it became news. It was common knowledge here in Charlotte.

Edited by Floyd Lawson

CORRECTION

No. I've heard this from several people in my circle of business associates several weeks before it became news. It was A BIG FAT RUMOR here in Charlotte.

The only person to go on record concerning this situation stated that they approached Obama. Until someone else goes on record saying that Obama approached BAM, it's called a RUMOR, not the FACTS. See the difference?

CORRECTION

The only person to go on record concerning this situation stated that they approached Obama. Until someone else goes on record saying that Obama approached BAM, it's called a RUMOR, not the FACTS. See the difference?

You're there, I'm here. I could say who I heard it from and make it more believable, but I would betray a confidence and I won't do that. At the end of the day it matters not whether you believe it or not, he has much bigger problems that this.

You're there, I'm here. I could say who I heard it from and make it more believable, but I would betray a confidence and I won't do that. At the end of the day it matters not whether you believe it or not, he has much bigger problems that this.

I believe you heard a RUMOR from what you think is probably a pretty credible source and that's great. But, it is still just a RUMOR based on what people have gone on record as saying is FACT. Which leads us back to this being a NON-STORY! I can tell you don't like Obama, and that's great too. But, if you want to bash Obama, you can come up with better stuff then just claiming that you heard from a guy that knows a guy that knows the janitor at BAM that overheard a conversation by somebody that was talking about Obama maybe sponsoring... :blah: :blah: :blah: It's week. I have the quote from Beth Ann herself, until you get a quote from someone higher then Beth Ann at BAM Racing stating otherwise, I'm going to believe her quote from her web site.

The only thing I'm asking is for you to substantiate your RUMOR, that's all.

Do you work for a NASCAR team?

I'm sure you understand entitlement....

Actually, I do.

SUV will probably agree, we Canucks got fed up with with the center-left party that was running Canada, because their members and supporters had a sense of "entitlement" — they felt entitled to feed at the trough of taxpayer money. It was their historical "right".

Actually, I do.

SUV will probably agree, we Canucks got fed up with with the center-left party that was running Canada, because their members and supporters had a sense of "entitlement" — they felt entitled to feed at the trough of taxpayer money. It was their historical "right".

I agree with that in regards to Cretien, but I still like to think that Martin was an honest man with good intentions that was never given a chance. It also helped, from my prospective anyway, that Martin moved slightly to the right and basically right into the centre.

Edited by suv_guy_19

I believe you heard a RUMOR from what you think is probably a pretty credible source and that's great. But, it is still just a RUMOR based on what people have gone on record as saying is FACT. Which leads us back to this being a NON-STORY! I can tell you don't like Obama, and that's great too. But, if you want to bash Obama, you can come up with better stuff then just claiming that you heard from a guy that knows a guy that knows the janitor at BAM that overheard a conversation by somebody that was talking about Obama maybe sponsoring... :blah: :blah: :blah: It's week. I have the quote from Beth Ann herself, until you get a quote from someone higher then Beth Ann at BAM Racing stating otherwise, I'm going to believe her quote from her web site.

The only thing I'm asking is for you to substantiate your RUMOR, that's all.

Do you work for a NASCAR team?

Believe what you want, it doesn't matter to me, I know my source. No I don't work for a team, but I supply a service to several.

Believe what you want, it doesn't matter to me, I know my source. No I don't work for a team, but I supply a service to several.

So you can't substantiate your rumor, that's cool. We can agree to disagree I guess.

What kind of service do you perform?

A negative article about Obama from a right wing "News" source , what a surprise. Should I start linking to negative McCain articles from left wing "News" sources?

What does it have to do with Obama & NASCAR? Nothing. You still don't have any proof for your rumor, huh? Don't give up, keep trying...

Go ahead and start a post for McCain. It makes no difference to me. The sub title of this post was another good reason not to vote for Obama, this is just another of many.

Go ahead and start a post for McCain. It makes no difference to me. The sub title of this post was another good reason not to vote for Obama, this is just another of many.

Your arguments are week at best. First, an unsubstantiated rumor and now a link to a negative Obama article on a right wing so-called "News" source. Is this is the best that McCain supporters can come up with?