FLEX: Goodyear picked for standard Flex fitment

range

The only brand of tire I will buy is Michelin. I guess the main reason is because I have always had excellent luck with them and because my father always said they were the best. I guess his main reasoning for it is because he remembers a time when any radial but a Michelin was garbage.

The only brand of tire I will buy is Michelin. I guess the main reason is because I have always had excellent luck with them and because my father always said they were the best. I guess his main reasoning for it is because he remembers a time when any radial but a Michelin was garbage.

:redcard: No French Tires for me !!!!

Actually, I bought Coopers for both of my personal vehicles. They have been excellent so far. :stats:

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that 20's would be a Job 2 option....

Well, according to the brochure, the 20's will be available on SEL and Limited models this fall. Several reviews, however, have been of 20" equipped vehicles. Ford Accessories will also be offering a 20" wheel as well as a 22" wheel, both chrome-clad aluminum and both available late 4th quarter of 2008.

Well, according to the brochure, the 20's will be available on SEL and Limited models this fall. Several reviews, however, have been of 20" equipped vehicles. Ford Accessories will also be offering a 20" wheel as well as a 22" wheel, both chrome-clad aluminum and both available late 4th quarter of 2008.

22" seems like overkill. wonder how long it will take before someone puts 26"+ on a flex

I'd have to agree, overall I think Michelin makes the best tires, they are expensive though, Never really liked goodyears, their old tires used to last forever.

The vast majority of the worlds elite supercars run Michelins, it's for a reason.

I've heard some really good things about Bridgestone's lately, thinking about getting them next as they aren't as expensive..

Sure beats those crappy Korean tires they place on many new Fords today. Unless they have further downgraded to Chicom tires to save a few pennies.

I'm still rolling with the Goodyear Eagle LS on the Grand Marquis - to be replaced by the Goodyear TripleTreds this winter.

The Galaxie has Goodyears as well. I went with Pirelli's on the Toyota due to it is a piece of crap commuter car, so expensive Goodyears were unnecessary.

Edited by taxman100

Makes me wonder how much better the fuel economy and braking would be if they were all fitted with 16" wheels. People don't take that sort of stuff into account when "upgrading".

Goodyear has come a long way in the last couple years.

My 95 Mustang, 96 F150, 98 Expedition, 01 F150 & 01 Mustang all came with Goodyear's from the factory. They sucked. The one's on the 96 F150 were were complete junk after 8,000 miles (wouldn't balance, shimmied real bad, etc., replaced with Firestone's and all troubles went away), the one's on my 01 were completely worn out and wouldn't balance after 20,000 miles & the one's on the mustang had no traction after 5,000 miles and were downright dangerous at 12,000 miles. I know some people swear by Goodyear's, but personally, they have sucked for me. My Motorhome has the Goodyear RV tires and after almost 4 years and only 18,000 miles, they seem to be holding up rather well. Maybe I'll give them another chance someday.

Another brand that haven't done well for me Kumho. Two different sets and neither lasted 10,000 miles. I've had good luck with Nitto's (on my second set right now on the 01 F150) and Michelin's (I had 25,000 miles on a set when I traded in my 01 Expedition and they still looked, rode & handled like brand new). I need new tires for the 01 Mustang and I still haven't decided what to get yet...

I'd have to agree, overall I think Michelin makes the best tires, they are expensive though, Never really liked goodyears, their old tires used to last forever.

The vast majority of the worlds elite supercars run Michelins, it's for a reason.

I've heard some really good things about Bridgestone's lately, thinking about getting them next as they aren't as expensive..

Strange.... A lot of people say similarly commits about Honda and Toyota. :shades: