Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A/Z-plan question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ljcavanaugh

ljcavanaugh

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

Hello! We have been a Ford family for generations (at least 3), and I have always used an A/Z plan PIN to buy my cars: A-plan before my dad retired and Z-plan after he retired. When he died 15 years ago, I was still able to use the A/Z plan because my mother was alive, and she got the discount (surviving spouse discount?) It has been about 8 years now since I bought my Volvo Wagon (on plan!) and I now want to replace it with a new 2008 Edge. But between 2000 when I bought the Volvo, and now, my mother has also passed away. Am I still eligible, as a direct descendent? I am pretty sure I can get an X-plan through my husband's company, but I know that the A/Z plan is generally much better.

Thanks for the info!

~lindac

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bbf2530

bbf2530

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hello! We have been a Ford family for generations (at least 3), and I have always used an A/Z plan PIN to buy my cars: A-plan before my dad retired and Z-plan after he retired. When he died 15 years ago, I was still able to use the A/Z plan because my mother was alive, and she got the discount (surviving spouse discount?) It has been about 8 years now since I bought my Volvo Wagon (on plan!) and I now want to replace it with a new 2008 Edge. But between 2000 when I bought the Volvo, and now, my mother has also passed away. Am I still eligible, as a direct descendent? I am pretty sure I can get an X-plan through my husband's company, but I know that the A/Z plan is generally much better.

Thanks for the info!

~lindac

Hi lindac. Unfortunately, you are no longer eligible for the A/Z-Plan.

When your Father passed away, your Mother still qualified as a "Surviving Spouse". Her being a "Surviving Spouse" allowed you to obtain a PIN as her child. But under Ford's AXZ-Plan rules, once she passed away your family lost all Plan privileges. I am sorry.

However, as you correctly stated, if you can obtain an X-Plan PIN through your Husbands company or through this Forum, you can still save some money.

Good luck. :beerchug:

#3 OFFLINE   armidillo9

armidillo9

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 31-January 10

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

My fiance dad works for ford if I put her name on the title will I be able to get the a-plan

#4 OFFLINE   bbf2530

bbf2530

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

My fiance dad works for ford if I put her name on the title will I be able to get the a-plan

Hi armidillo. :D You will need to ask him that question, since what you describe would bypass the intent of the A/Z-Plan rules. And if a Ford Employee knowingly disregards Plan rules, they can face loss of Plan eligibility, or worse. While this is not likely, it is possible.

It would go like this: Your future father-in-law would need to register the PIN in his daughters name. Also, primary ownership on the vehicle title, primary loan responsibility and all vehicle purchase paperwork would also need to be in her name. So if he is eligible for A-Plan purchases and if he and your fiance are willing to do that, then yes you could purchase on the A-Plan.

In addition, while I wish you luck in your future marriage, if you two should break-up before the wedding, she could legally take the car, since she would be the legal owner. Not saying it will happen, just explaining all the legalities of the situation.

When you are married, you will be legitimately eligible for the A-Plan as a son-in-law.

Edited by bbf2530, 31 January 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   armidillo9

armidillo9

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 31-January 10

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hi armidillo. :D You will need to ask him that question, since what you describe would bypass the intent of the A/Z-Plan rules. And if a Ford Employee knowingly disregards Plan rules, they can face loss of Plan eligibility, or worse. While this is not likely, it is possible.

It would go like this: Your future father-in-law would need to register the PIN in his daughters name. Also, primary ownership on the vehicle title, primary loan responsibility and all vehicle purchase paperwork would also need to be in her name. So if he is eligible for A-Plan purchases and if he and your fiance are willing to do that, then yes you could purchase on the A-Plan.

In addition, while I wish you luck in your future marriage, if you two should break-up before the wedding, she could legally take the car, since she would be the legal owner. Not saying it will happen, just explaining all the legalities of the situation.

When you are married, you will be legitimately eligible for the A-Plan as a son-in-law.

That's was the exact information I was looking for thank u

#6 OFFLINE   draganlady

draganlady

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Escape

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

If my mother (who is a surviving spouse of Ford retiree) gets me a PIN and the PIN is good for one year and then she passes away before the year is up, can I still use the PIN?

#7 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 29,387 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2018 F150 Supercab XLT Magnetic Grey 3.5LEB

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

I don't see an answer to that exact situation - I would think the PIN would still be good but you should call the plan center to be safe.  (800) 348-7709

2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·