Transit Connect spied testing!

rmc523

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This little sucker will sell buckets. Get them in here! I'm sure these would save companies like UPS, Fed Ex, USPS etc etc hundreds of millions in fuel.

Um, I am trying to understand why people are getting hard-ons over this when it is a Sprinter with a bar grill and a blue oval in front?

In the UK Ford's Transit connect is used by Royal Mail collect all of Britains post from the red post boxes, and then deliver the mail parcels that the postman can't deliver by bike. British Telecom Engineers use Connects to fix & maintain out telephone service, and British Gas Engineers use Connects to fix boilers and cooker etc. Most shops do home deliveries in Connects. Online websites like Amazon & eBay both are fully intergated with the Royal Mail which delivers their parcels by Connects or bike.

Just interested what sort of vehicle is used in the States to do the same jobs we use a Connect for in the UK.

Please don't tell me you only use a Toyota because they are the only reliable option, because everything is reliable you don't see many cars break down these days they are all reliable, if it does breakdown it's owned by some lazy bastard that thinks you can go a year without checking the water in the rad or air in the tires?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

In the UK Ford's Transit connect is used by Royal Mail collect all of Britains post from the red post boxes, and then deliver the mail parcels that the postman can't deliver by bike. British Telecom Engineers use Connects to fix & maintain out telephone service, and British Gas Engineers use Connects to fix boilers and cooker etc. Most shops do home deliveries in Connects. Online websites like Amazon & eBay both are fully intergated with the Royal Mail which delivers their parcels by Connects or bike.

842FF065-FFCA-A3FD-F3D203B98E6DB226.jpgpostman%20pat%20small.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Um, I am trying to understand why people are getting hard-ons over this when it is a Sprinter with a bar grill and a blue oval in front?

A while ago I read that Chrysler was going to put a larger grill on the Sprinter so that it appeals to American buyers better. Ford needs to do the same.

Given the alternatives in that market (The PT cruiser cargo, the HHR cargo, and the matrix/vibe, Scion XB and upcoming Nissan cube) the Transit Connect will be the most space efficient. The TC will get comparable to better economy per pound carried than the HHR/PT in most cases without having any greater cost of operation for the rest of the vehicle. As compared to the popular alternative, which is the smallest versions of the ful sized vans, this will get vastly superior gas mileage, be cheaper to buy, cheaper to upkeep, cheaper to insure and tax. For city interiors, its more maneuverable. It has a lot going for it. I also believe that it will be just fine for power. Given that the E-150 sold for years with the 4.2L Essex V6 as an available base engine and people bought enough of them for the option to exist year after year, no one is going to complain about the power that this thing has.

I interior looks a little cheap. Need C2 version very bad. I think Ford wants to see how this version sells in the US before they design the C2 version.

sheesh.ITS A CARGO VAN.......whweres the vista roof, dual A/c, flip down DVD, conrithian leather seating, power telescoping tilt wheel, THX sound system and all the other things deemed so important for DHL like delivery services.....seen it in the flesh, sat in it...it is AWESOME for its intent,,,its ONLY weakness is a 4 speed auto...THATS IT! we will NOT be able to keep our hand on them....

Did someone pee in your Wheaties?

pee isn't solid and doesn't float...Transit connect....What van Awards 2007, International Van of the year 2003, ACFO Fleet Light Van of the Year, Fleet News 2007 award winner, Best security Light Van 2007 ( 5 years rrunning ) Best Light Van 2007 ( 6 years running ) Van of the year 2002, Fleet Light Van of the Year ( 5 years running ) and the coo de gra................Most Reliable Van 2007 ( involved 906,000 vehicles )..........nuff said i think.....and this is primarily a "fleet type " vehicle although its purity and simplicity will cross into the retail buyers market...GREAT bikers, Campers, Surfers van...not over Fluffed....and one won't worry as much about cramming greasy bikes and such in the back as compared to say a Flex or the like....

sheesh.ITS A CARGO VAN.......whweres the vista roof, dual A/c, flip down DVD, conrithian leather seating, power telescoping tilt wheel, THX sound system and all the other things deemed so important for DHL like delivery services.....seen it in the flesh, sat in it...it is AWESOME for its intent,,,its ONLY weakness is a 4 speed auto...THATS IT! we will NOT be able to keep our hand on them....

If DHL really wanted to get rid of full sized vans, they would be using the Taurus X with the seats torn out. The TC only gives them a chance to get a vehicle with a little more space than a Taurus X, at a lower cost and better fuel efficiency. I don't see too many Taurus X courier vans so I assume the courier market is limited in this size of vehicle. Courier sales of the TC would be profitable, but not huge.

But loaded up, with a bigger engine, I would love to take this thing camping, etc. Ford has abandoned the minivan market because there is no profit in it. I see the TC as a way to get back into this market. With a unique vehicle that can take a small percentage of the minivan market, they can still make very good profits at 100,000 consumer vans a year. It does not need a minivan shape, but does need all the style and have more features than a minivan.

If DHL really wanted to get rid of full sized vans, they would be using the Taurus X with the seats torn out. The TC only gives them a chance to get a vehicle with a little more space than a Taurus X, at a lower cost and better fuel efficiency. I don't see too many Taurus X courier vans so I assume the courier market is limited in this size of vehicle. Courier sales of the TC would be profitable, but not huge.

But loaded up, with a bigger engine, I would love to take this thing camping, etc. Ford has abandoned the minivan market because there is no profit in it. I see the TC as a way to get back into this market. With a unique vehicle that can take a small percentage of the minivan market, they can still make very good profits at 100,000 consumer vans a year. It does not need a minivan shape, but does need all the style and have more features than a minivan.

rubbish...Connects intent is perfect...they show up here ( DHL )for ENVELOPES in an E-150....show me ONE large fleet company that would utilize an X for the same purpose or others such as a Flower delivery, or catering or, or or ( did I make mention of GVW's? ) ...TOTALLY different beast...to me cars have gotten too foo foo as such, i genuinely LOVE th Connects simplicity and lack of pretentiousness...its interior is perfect for ABUSE, none of the "handle with care opted out garbage we seem so enthralled with, definitely NOT something the X was targeted at.....and after jumping in and out of one ...YES perfect weekend camping, biking etc etc recreational vehicle....just slap in a 6 speed manual or auto PLEASE!

rubbish...Connects intent is perfect...they show up here ( DHL )for ENVELOPES in an E-150....show me ONE large fleet company that would utilize an X for the same purpose or others such as a Flower delivery, or catering or, or or ( did I make mention of GVW's? ) ...TOTALLY different beast...to me cars have gotten too foo foo as such, i genuinely LOVE th Connects simplicity and lack of pretentiousness...its interior is perfect for ABUSE, none of the "handle with care opted out garbage we seem so enthralled with, definitely NOT something the X was targeted at.....and after jumping in and out of one ...YES perfect weekend camping, biking etc etc recreational vehicle....just slap in a 6 speed manual or auto PLEASE!

I worked for DHL's largest Canadian direct competitor. Note: DHL is in a slightly different market than UPS, Fed X, etc. We found that if you are delivering only envelops, a Honda fit will do. If you have many small boxes, or very, very few large boxes something the size of a TC would be perfect. We shipped a lot of bulk supplies and oversized packages. We had to use 16 foot cube vans. Sometimes we had problems to get everyting to fit in the vans and delivered some stuff late.

Most courior vans are larger than an E-150. The TC will sell, just don't expect to see them everywhere.

I worked for DHL's largest Canadian direct competitor. Note: DHL is in a slightly different market than UPS, Fed X, etc. We found that if you are delivering only envelops, a Honda fit will do. If you have many small boxes, or very, very few large boxes something the size of a TC would be perfect. We shipped a lot of bulk supplies and oversized packages. We had to use 16 foot cube vans. Sometimes we had problems to get everyting to fit in the vans and delivered some stuff late.

Most courior vans are larger than an E-150. The TC will sell, just don't expect to see them everywhere.

I already have several companies lined up...and that was all based on a simple photograph, up until now they had all been using Econolines...there has been ZERO compact delivery vans for some time now...mark my words....this will be a groundbreaker...and that is based on inqurys at a dealer level.....California overnight, small flower shops, Edible arrangements, small caterers, smaller electricians, various contractors etc etc....the market here is HUGE>..........IMO demand will outstrip supply no problem....and then there is that recreational market we touched on.........